Riley's Modeling

Riley

On 12/10/2018 at 6:58 PM, timeexx said:

Keep up the good work , You are not too fat , Don't even think that ..

I too love the shoes and even have the same pair and colour !

Love to see a lot more ..

On 12/10/2018 at 6:33 PM, Blackinksoul30 said:

Jeans look nice. I love the shoes!!!!!

Thank you so much!

Now @Riley - I'm going to echo what @Mark J said....   You DO NOT look fat and your pictures are wonderful.

There's a very strange phenomenon, a trick our brain plays on us where we see ourselves in mirrors every day and concentrate only on what we see - is my hair straight, have I got a spot on my chin - but when we see a two dimensional photograph we take in the whole picture all at once, warts and all.  Combine that with any element of self-doubt or body image confidence issues and the result is that we magnify any perceived flaws in ourselves. The world could tell us we're beautiful and we wouldn't believe it.

Society as a whole is making it worse and worse - the whole skinny supermodel thing is old news of course, and just the tip of an iceberg. We're bombarded everyday with images that make us feel inferior.  Some model with eight foot long legs completely free from a single hair follicle advertising a lady's razor (show me it shaving a bear and I may be impressed). You know what I mean.

Then there's the photographic trickery that can work against or can be used as a tool.  As an event photographer, most of my subject matter is people. Often at a function I have to photograph people I've never met before, in surroundings that might be out of their comfort zone, with a few seconds interaction before the next couple step up. The single or couple of images I grab have to make them look (and feel) attractive enough to want to take a copy of that photograph home, so there's a whole toolbox of trickery we photographers can play with. I'm not talking photoshop fakery here - just positioning and interaction with our clients.

Now, looking at your pictures - you've stated that you consider yourself fat. I definitely wouldn't reach that conclusion from the images in this thread.  When we look at any picture, our brain identifies what or who it is based on knowledge - so I know the last picture is a pair of legs. I can work out that it's not a complete pair - there are no feet at the bottom and no bum at the top. The problem that gives is that I don't then know how long those legs are, so don't know the length to width ratio of those legs. Unfortunately this can trick my brain into thinking the legs are only as long as the picture suggests - and thinking your legs are shorted whilst seeing the width makes you think your legs are fat.

Also, you're standing straight on to the camera, so two legs are side by side, so apparently double the width - if you stand at 45 degrees, one leg is partly hidden behind the other and hence looks slimming. The other thing is adopt the legs slightly crossed - I need a wee - stance.  That achieves the same slimming look, and another side effect for some of us.  The top you're wearing clearly isn't skin tight, so we've got no frame of reference of what your body shape is under it - clearly though you're not the same shape as it appears on the picture.

Now Riley - I know and completely understand you're not comfortable showing more and revealing your identity. Please be assured I'm not trying to coax you into doing so - that's not what this is about.  What I'm trying to do is explain why and how our brain's can be our own worst enemies by playing tricks on us.  Your body shape is what it is - granted people can work at building muscle / dieting / toning up and so on - but fundamentally you are who you are. Your pictures show us vignettes of a body that isn't fat - your writing and your experiences are hot - and that's who we understand you to be.

(end of lecture....) 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Riley said:

I went back and forth about posting this like 700 times because I've never shared so much of what I look like and I'm also wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants which makes me look like garbage and super fat. But right now I'm just posting it and hoping I don't get hate because I look like trash. Yay😭😭

I can see we have some work to do here.  

Point one ... you're not fat.  Done.  Full stop.  Finis.  We all have fears, doubts, uncertainties, etc. but seriously ... you're ... not ... fat.  We'll just keep saying that until you start to believe us.  No matter how long it takes..  😎👍

Point two ... that's actually a very sexy photo.  Teasing, suggestive, flirtatious.  I really like it.  

Point three ... since you have a nice figure, the only way you'll improve the images is to start wetting ... but it's quite alright if it takes a long time to get there.  Modelling your outfits for us gives us a glimpse into your personality, which is a rare and wonderful thing.  

Thank you for sharing.  I look forward to your next post. 

• Agree 2
On 12/11/2018 at 12:47 AM, Riley said:

So well for now it's just two pictures but I'm hoping to show off some of my outfits here once I get more confidence and also better at taking pictures. For now here are two pictures of me in my jeans. I know I'm fat too btw so please don't judge. Here they are.

20181210_164333_HDR.jpg

20181210_163932_HDR.jpg

You are NOT fat! You're perfectly well-proportioned on this evidence. Whoever calls you fat needs their face smashed in!

As for the jeans, I can only imagine how sexy they would look on you when you wet them.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a pic from this morning. The picture is again really bad but I'm wearing a little oversized black T-shirt and black jeans. Also for some reason this pic makes me look even more flat chested than I already am so yay for that😪

20190122_093919_HDR.jpg

Edited by Riley
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
On 1/22/2019 at 5:49 PM, Riley said:

This is a pic from this morning. The picture is again really bad but I'm wearing a little oversized black T-shirt and black jeans. Also for some reason this pic makes me look even more flat chested than I already am so yay for that😪

20190122_093919_HDR.jpg

I get that you won't believe any of us when we say it - but none of your pictures make you look fat.  From the evidence you're presenting to us, you look a perfectly normal body shape - and definitely nothing for us to pick fault in.   Looking at your various pictures, the reactions you've got on them are hearts, hot and the like - more than just likes - people are giving those because they mean it.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

@Riley I love all of your pictures and none of them make you look fat or weird. So please don't stop posting. Try and have a little more confidence in yourself. I appreciate it's easier said than done especially if you have been bullied in the past like I have. But thank you for sharing them it's amazing that you do this especially when you struggle with your self confidence. I give you massive Kudos for putting yourself out there so please don't stop sharing. 🙂

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Like they said, you’re being really tough on yourself. Appreciate it’s really tough for you to post them. We really get that - and you’re amongst friends who (a) accept you irrespective and (b) can see absolutely no evidence of you being, in your words, ‘fat’ or ‘horrible’. 

Thanks for posting. We’re open to more and we’ll keep telling you you’re wrong - in a nice way. We know you won’t believe us, but the cycle can carry on anyway. 😉

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@Riley  - Can I refer you back to my post immediately above this one...    Your legs do NOT look fat, in fact they look amazing, as does your tummy and everything about this picture.

I know we can't tell you you're wrong, but we can repeat ourselves that you're being very critical.  

I get that many of the pics of internet find girls may be skinnier - but that doesn't make you fat. It just makes them skinny.  Personally from the several pictures you've been brave enough to post (and all credit for doing so), I and all the people who react think you look absolutely great.

So folks, who else thinks @Riley looks great???

• Like 1
  • Agree 3