I wish more people used chat.

24 minutes ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

Here's what I feel bad about.... So when I go over to peesearch I keep seeing posts about people being unhappy there. That it's a ghost town. I don't blame them that their unhappy. That site really is a ghost town. But what makes me feel bad is that there's a limit to how many you can private message so it's extremely hard to let people know on there about this site. I think people on there really do want a site like this, but how to let that site know about this one..is tricky. I sometimes go in their chat and there's like one person in there that ends up saying that they feel alone and there's no one to chat on there...

As far as I know you can just 'delete' an item from your sentbox and that frees up space for sending more private messages. So in theory you could send an unlimited amount as long as you delete the ones you've sent (the other user should still receive it, you just won't be able to see a record of it). 

I just had a look at the stats for PeeFans and it doesn't seem like there's been less posts or registrations but I haven't been here much and fully appreciate sometimes it can just 'feel' quiet - rest assured it's temporary.  It does happen here and there and then bounces back, especially once some promotion starts and we run some other competitions etc.I fully agree though that it's a shame there's so many pee fans who would like it here and make the forum a lot busier and fun, but simply don't know about us. 🙂  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Admin said:

it can just 'feel' quiet

Yes, more correct to say things this way, it's the true definition. Not less traffic… less… "alive". But TERRIBLY less alive!!!

6 hours ago, Admin said:

rest assured it's temporary

Yes, I can believe this. I try to make my part about partecipating more!! But indeed… we can embetter ourselves… it's Valentine day!!!

Edited by spywareonya
  • Love 2

Reading this, am I correct in thinking that chat is not really for talking live about pee related experiences and more a friendly meeting place ? That more , erm. personal posts are better on the forums, including the Live Action Thread ?

I sometimes pop in to the pool to chat, but not very often. On the whole I don't have much to talk about, and from what I see posted neither does anyone else.

Now, if I had noticed that there is a chatroom here too I might have thought about chatting here! It really needs a bit of promotion to members. Not sure how, but perhaps someone could put together a brief monthly digest of interesting topics that have been chatted about and send it to members? Especially the not very observant ones like me.

For chat to work it needs both interesting people with something to say and enquiring people wanting to know everything. I think that we have both here, just need to get together at the right time!

4 hours ago, Rich7 said:

Reading this, am I correct in thinking that chat is not really for talking live about pee related experiences and more a friendly meeting place ? That more , erm. personal posts are better on the forums, including the Live Action Thread ?

Serenely I tell you NO

The chat IS about anything, pee included, the point is just that somebody seems to fail to understand that we do not wanna be constantly asked by the same 2-3 persons about our last piss

Personal posts are ok in the chat, indeed it's the perfect place for them, it's just NOT ok to stalk people with repetitive questions, that attitude is not ok in the chat or in any other place either on the forum, we are just failing to find a way to notify these persons that they are dangerously close to reach our limit of tolerance

Some persons, in order to avoid these UNVOLUNTARY (they don't do on nasty stance, they just seem to not understand) disturbers, decreased their partecipation greatly. If you add this down phase of the forum, this "problem" of the chat surfaced

But it's not a problem

We should just need the forum to come back to full operational (I see really few people logging in), AND find a way to make these good-hearted but likely a bit headlong persons to stop bothering chat partecipants.

To flee ourselves and our contents to a single thread because the chat is malfunctioning won't do any good, nor toward the forum, nor toward the chat, nor toward the very thread.

So use the chat, Rich, and just ignore those that could bother you… sooner or later they will understand. But for fuck's sake, let us NOT allow the chat to die.

38 minutes ago, Paulypeeps said:

and from what I see posted neither does anyone else.

it hit me too, in recent times

39 minutes ago, Paulypeeps said:

It really needs a bit of promotion to members

PERSONAL OPINION (this means headlong and not necessarily worthy of being agreed upon)

It's a chatroom!!! It is not meant to be anything more than this!!! Those who are interested will partecipate, those who are not, simply won't!!! The problem is the one you highlighted AFTER:

41 minutes ago, Paulypeeps said:

For chat to work it needs both interesting people with something to say and enquiring people wanting to know

CORRECT

but then:

41 minutes ago, Paulypeeps said:

I think that we have both here

LESS CORRECT. We USED to have them. Now is a down phase.

But the main problem is the fact that we are all a bit bored of being harassed by the same persons over and over and over again. We should just be a bit more bold: starting to post and keep going on, and on, refusing talk with an educated (why being rude?!) but firm stance. Somebody will pop up lately, isn't it?

Obviously, only @Admin can have the last word, but it's the way I intend to walk from now on

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with all of the above - I'm not online constantly by any means, and very often just for fleeting check-ins.

The chatroom and online user list is generally the first place I'll look upon logging in. Most often I won't recognise a single username -- not as a forum or chat contributor. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, but I'm generally less inclined to start a chat when it's likely to just be a lonely 'Hi' followed three hours later by another 'Hi'.

If you see me online feel free to chat up - we will cover something more than just 'Hi, what's the weather like' and I promise I won't just ask if you need a wee 😉

• Like 1

I just posted a thread in this section with a slightly controversial idea around this to try and bring the focus back to the forum - would be keen to hear some thoughts.

As for general activity on the site, I would also just like to take this moment to remind people to please not only make new threads with any topic ideas you have, but to bump old threads too. Sometimes a little 'wake up' to an old thread can start a whole new conversation, as 99% of the topics aren't really specific to a certain time.

Apologies for my inactivity recently, as I mentioned above I'm hoping to be back a little more now and hopefully spend some more time trying to boost some activity, add some cool new things, and bring some more pee fans to the site. 😄 

Thanks.

I think @Admin is to be commended for coming up with a great idea.  The little notes & instructions at the top of the chat box are great!  I think it will make a difference, but it may take some time to see it. 

I like it very much.  All of the comments at the top were very well thought out.  Good job!  Thanks.

• Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...

I'm exploring out of the few areas of the forum I usually participate in. I have a couple observations of chat:

1) It's only observable on the home page.

2) During the few times I see it, nothing really draws me into participating in it.

It's possible if you could see and use it while in a thread, without leaving the thread, you'd get more participation in it. I get there's a direct link, so you could keep it open in another tab, but that can be more work than it's worth.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, PissDude said:

I'm exploring out of the few areas of the forum I usually participate in. I have a couple observations of chat:

1) It's only observable on the home page.

2) During the few times I see it, nothing really draws me into participating in it.

It's possible if you could see and use it while in a thread, without leaving the thread, you'd get more participation in it. I get there's a direct link, so you could keep it open in another tab, but that can be more work than it's worth.

It should be viewable from within each section of the forum too (in the sidebar).

However, on mobile devices since there isn't room for a sidebar, it appears underneath the list of threads which means it's rarely seen there unless using a desktop (which I realize a lot of people aren't). The alternative on mobiles would be to have the chatbox above the list of threads, but I feel like that would get in the way.

Good point about visibility though - I'd be happy to try having it on every page, but again for mobile users that would mean it would either have to be above or below all the content, neither of which seems practical.

Sorry to be slightly controversial, but at the minute it seems that a lot of topics on the main forum sections have descended into almost private chats which have nothing to do with the subject.🙁 

Could the moderators keep an eye on this and delete the unnecessary chat?

Edited by whiskey35
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, whiskey35 said:

Sorry to be slightly controversial, but at the minute it seems that a lot of topics on the main forum sections have descended into almost private chats which have nothing to do with the subject.🙁 

Could the moderators keep an eye on this and delete the unnecessary chat?

Yes good point. The back and forth between people (especially on unrelated things to the topic) is definitely best for private messages as can be offputting for others wanting to join in.

If it's happening a lot please feel free to report the posts - not that I'm looking to take any action against people who do this (we don't want to limit chat) but just so we can tidy threads up and encourage people to have those conversations via messages instead.

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:09 PM, Admin said:

Yes good point. The back and forth between people (especially on unrelated things to the topic) is definitely best for private messages as can be offputting for others wanting to join in.

If it's happening a lot please feel free to report the posts - not that I'm looking to take any action against people who do this (we don't want to limit chat) but just so we can tidy threads up and encourage people to have those conversations via messages instead.

Mmmh…

I hope that as long as the replies go slightly offtopic and then get back in touch with the thread quite soon nobody got on the bad side of rules... is just a consequence of normal communication… one thing leads to another

I personally never saw that much spam around to be sincere...

...but I'll look out, and be careful myself not to make mistakes

Edited by spywareonya
  • Like 1
  • Love 1