I wish more people used chat.

42 minutes ago, FlyingthedreamUK said:

I agree, that's why I think it's great that it's been brought up.

The chatroom is impossible to police 24/7 and you can't stop people from talking freely. It would just be nice if a bit more consideration was taken and people thought before they sent a message.

We have people of all ages represented on this site, we're not all 18!

I think a lot of people would be put off from the chat if it's too intimidating

I cannot say anything but AGREE 101%

You completely hit the bullseye

ALL you wrote is true and it shouldn't even be different: a patrolled chat is not a happy and free space! What we need is 

43 minutes ago, FlyingthedreamUK said:

a bit more consideration

• Love 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm adding to this thread again cause I don't know if it's just me but I've really noticed the chat room has been a lot more quiet lately. Since I last made this post it seems like nothing has really changed about the chat room. Is there any incentives we can give people to encourage them to use the chat for more than just a place to say 'Hello'. I mean i'm sure time difference plays a roll but I imagine there has to be more people that live in the US than the chat room usage shows. 

Guest UnabashedUser

To have a vital chat, as in the good ol' days of IRC, you need to have a moderator/s who throws interesting topics into the room at regular intervals to stimulate conversation.

You also need a lot more chatters.

And people who have full size keyboards who can rapidly compose replies.  Typing with your thumbs on a 'phone  on a 4 inch screen just doesn't work.

Enjoy a good chat myself, but the format here just isn't conducive to that.

I agree with everything you just said.  Daily Topics would be great in the chat room. More chatters would be great. Is there any possible way for one of the admins to send a mass message to all members or make some kind of pop up when people sign in to tell them about the chat room and encourage them to use it. I mean we have a LOT of members here on this site. But only like 5% of them actually use the chat. 

I'll tell you what would get a lot more chatters.  Guests should be allowed to chat.  Having to sign up just to chat is a bad idea.  All the best and busiest chat rooms allow guests to chat.  The Pool does it and there is not always a moderator there either.  Sure, you'll have some problems, but it's the only way to get it going.  I had a chat room for many years and I always allowed everyone to chat, no registration required.  Even though my site had very little traffic, there were many nights when there would be 4 to 7 people chatting for a few hours. 

The chat will never be busy unless this is done.  It's a simple fix!

Interesting discussion ... most of my own thoughts are already covered so I won't repeat.  I'll just give a +1 to the idea of actually chatting.

That said, I'm usually not here for long periods so I do find it difficult.  If no one replies to a hello message in 5-10 minutes, I'll probably be gone.  Like FW, I find PM often works better, thought it's obviously less of a community activity.

Edited by Sexismygod

Problem I find is when I say hello in the chat room, most times nobody is there to respond. I quickly get bored and move off, so by the time someone responds I am long gone.

One idea might be for members to agree in advance a certain day and time to show up, and as many of us as possible make the effort to be there if we can.

• Agree 3
  • Love 1

Ditto - it’s the first place I look when I log in, often it can be hours since the last message and a ‘hello, I’m here’ often goes unseen. 

There could also be a shyness around chatting. I suspect a lot of the silent majority of users are keen to stay off the radar for their own reasons.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:11 PM, will64 said:

i don't want to repeat myself but yes i do get shyness around the chat and also don't take this wrong way there just some people in the chat i just DO NOT want to reply too 

Yes, it's peculiar that some persons… simply won't get that their chatting style isn't appreciated

For shyness, we hug you about that, but you are a fucking great add to this forum and I sincerely would love to see you carve the niche you deserve, as we all love ya man.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, Blackinksoul30 said:

Can we form our ideas into a nice message for the admins?

It could be interesting. I personally had been positively intrigued by this:

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, 2prnot2p said:

Guests should be allowed to chat

I think it could be good...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Scot_Lover said:

The mod team has been looking at some of the issues in the chat room, you may have noticed some changes.

We did. But it's up to people to behave the right way!!!

6 minutes ago, Scot_Lover said:

I liked the idea of the daily chat theme, everyone met up at a particular time.

Oh Goddess… I am not sure it will work. Let me explain… these plans are EXACTLY the things I LOVE. But… it's difficult to convince so many people to team together!!!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

We did. But it's up to people to behave the right way!!!

Oh Goddess… I am not sure it will work. Let me explain… these plans are EXACTLY the things I LOVE. But… it's difficult to convince so many people to team together!!!

It did work, for a while. 

• Love 1

For Pete's sake, let guests chat!  Man, it's so silly not to.  This will solve the lack of chatters problem.  Make it so they must sign in with a username, but do NOT have to be a registered member. 

This should also go for viewing areas of the site that only registered members can see.  Let them see it all.  You're really shooting yourself in the foot with this restricted policy.  You can't see that?  Posts are down, the site is slowing down gradually....

Admin, why won't you do this?  Will you tell us?  Thanks.

Edited by 2prnot2p
8 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

For Pete's sake, let guests chat!  Man, it's so silly not to. 

There is an inherent risk with this.

Non-fetishists are unlikely to sign up as members, so if only members can chat then at least we will all be on the same page in terms of being into pee.

If we open it up to just anybody, we run the risk of being trolled by non-fetishists out to tell us how "bad" and "dirty" we all are, or to come at us all moralising. 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

There is an inherent risk with this.

Non-fetishists are unlikely to sign up as members, so if only members can chat then at least we will all be on the same page in terms of being into pee.

If we open it up to just anybody, we run the risk of being trolled by non-fetishists out to tell us how "bad" and "dirty" we all are, or to come at us all moralising. 

Does The Pool chat require registration?  No.  Does Chatropolis require registration?  No.  Without exception, the busy chat sites allow all to chat, period.  Chatropolis is probably the biggest sex chat site on the web.  No registration required. 

When I was a Mod at Sprinkles Golden Showers, guests were allowed to view all of the forums.  They were also allowed to post messages.  However, only members were allowed to upload pics.  I am NOT advocating this policy here.  But viewing all forums should be allowed.  How can a person decide to join a site if he cannot even see all it has to offer?  The policy in force now is absurd!  It's a very bad business model.  Granted, I realize the Admin is very inexperienced.  Although I am not an expert, I have been around the block a few times.  If you don't want to take my advice, fine.  But, I strongly believe that I am right on this.  It won't just help the chat room, but the whole site too!

The Admin would simply have to appoint a few more mods for the chat room.  In addition to the existing mods, maybe see who is in chat often and ask him/her if they'd be interested in being a chat mod.  It's not rocket science. 

Edited by 2prnot2p
6 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

Does The Pool chat require registration?  No.  Does Chatropolis require registration?  No.  Without exception, the busy chat sites allow all to chat, period.  Chatropolis is probably the biggest sex chat site on the web.  No registration required. 

When I was a Mod at Sprinkles Golden Showers, guests were allowed to view all of the forums.  They were also allowed to post messages.  However, only members were allowed to upload pics.  I am NOT advocating this policy here.  But viewing all forums should be allowed.  How can a person decide to join a site if he cannot even see all it has to offer?  The policy in force now is absurd!  It's a very bad business model.  Granted, I realize the Admin is very inexperienced.  Although I am not an expert, I have been around the block a few times.  If you don't want to take my advice, fine.  But, I strongly believe that I am right on this.  It won't just help the chat room, but the whole site too!

The Admin would simply have to appoint a few more mods for the chat room.  In addition to the existing mods, maybe see who is in chat often and ask him/her if they'd be interested in being a chat mod.  It's not rocket science. 

Your "you know better than everyone else and the rest of us are idiots" tone just for expressing an opinion is rather unhelpful. None of this in any case is my call, it is down to Admin.

You see I can remember the days on Peesearch when all fans of naughty peeing were regularly shut down by moralistic abuse, wanting to turn the whole thing into a moral debate about how bad we all are. And these were a minority of actual fetishists. The success of this site is largely due to many of us running from there because of this in the early days.

So the possibility of that happening here in chat if we open it up to all and sundry, seems logically perfectly plausible when viewed from that perspective, so don't mock me. You won't persuade me of anything that way.

And however inexperienced Admin is, he's managed to set up an active and highly successful pee fetish site which is second to none

• Thanks 1

@steve25805

I never said I know more than anyone or that you're idiots.  Did I say that?  But, thanks so much for re-posting my message!  You're a real pal.  LMAO!

Lighten up, dude.  You're way out of line.  Trust me, I'm not worth getting mad at.  I can assure you of that.  🙂

Edited by 2prnot2p

Calling me,- or anyone else - "clueless" in private messages is also not acceptable behaviour. You may think you know best but this is not the best way to persuade people. You will just make them dig their heels in against you if you interact with such an air of superiority.

Just now, 2prnot2p said:

@steve25805

I never said I know more than anyone or that you're idiots.  Did I say that?  But, thanks so much for re-posting my message!  You're a real pal.  LMAO!

Lighten up, dude.  You're way out of line.  Trust me, I'm not worth getting mad at.  I can assure you of that.  🙂

Making threats is also not acceptable here. If you persist you risk being banned.

Hey guys, sorry for my slow responses here, it has been a busy couple of weeks. Really appreciate all the suggestions and passion for that chat.

So, to go through the things mentioned:

More chatters

This would make the biggest difference. More people posting, and also trying to start topics rather than just saying hi. I know that's not always easy but when the chat has taken off it has come from someone bringing something up. Unfortunately, there is little to be done for this other than more people deciding to add things more frequently. We get plenty of unique visitors every day who must be interested in pee - I guess all we can do is encourage people to join in. Sadly, likewise with the forum, the majority will always rather lurk and read.

However, it's worth pointing out that I have been planning on doing some promotion for the site, which should bring in some new chatters. For a while now the site has been operating with ZERO promotion, so if it has felt like slightly less new faces finding us or posting, this may be why. The other reason simply may be more new topics are needed to prompt discussions, which I'll try and help with too, but is something anyone can do. The reason I say this is the stats don't show any decrease in members visiting, but show an increase in private messaging. Nothing wrong with this, but we want lots of public messages too.

I can assure you though, although I've been a little more absent recently, the site is not dying, and I still have plenty of plans for the year ahead. 🙂 

Daily Topics

Really like this idea, the only reason it hasn't yet been done is it needs someone who is here consistently every morning or evening to update the topic. I will look at giving the mod team power to add a notice above the chat with a daily topic, but @Blackinksoul30 would you be happy to help with this too? As  not only will we need different daily questions/discussions but someone to draw a bit of attention to it and encourage others. 

Specific time for chatting

I tried this recently not too long ago, but it probably wasn't well advertised enough. It can be difficult with the different timezones, but happy to trial a few different times and see what works best, and will make a more formal announcement about it so more people see. We'll definitely do this. 

Guests chatting

It's not that I'm against trying this, but it's not my 'inexperience' that has stopped me. Here's why chat is currently for members only:

• We are a bigger site than poolchat and the other pee chatrooms mentioned, which opens us up to far more spam and vulnerability. We have multiple security systems in place when people register to prevent spam, but allowing literally anyone to post removes that. This means that on the HOMEPAGE of our site, we are letting just anyone say anything. Whether that's the russian bots we get spamming virus links and nonsense, someone rogue posting illegal images, or just general trolling. When it's a guest, we can't even ban them. It would need 24/7 moderation, as otherwise we could end up with literally anything plastered all over the chat (and therefore most other pages of PeeFans). That's not only a risk to all members, but a serious legal risk to the site itself. 
  • Full anonymity can be dangerous. We already have close to that as we each have our usernames, but when you take away accounts too, it can be surprising how quickly things turn a bit nasty. Imagine that someone with a bit of a grudge against you can make limitless guest posts, using whatever name they want. They could even use a variation of your own username and impersonate you. There's no control over it.  
  • The guest-thing may work well on other places, but it's different when it's just a chatroom site. Besides, 2prnot2p has regularly referred to the poolchat as being some extremely active place, but whenever I visit I see the 3 same names saying 'hi' 'hi' 'x has left the chat'. That's no disrespect to that site, I'm simply saying it's hardly a thriving example to try and model.
  • Thinking guests will magically solve this problem is naive unfortunately. The reality is that signup to this website is extremely easy - like 30 seconds. If someone is not willing to go through that, are they really going to be a serious contributor here? We show almost all areas of the site to non-guests already; it's not like you can't see anything before joining. 95% of the site is viewable, including the chat, but we surely want people to join, so having the extra incentive that you can then post your own messages once signed up makes sense from all perspectives.
  • Which brings me on to the point about it being bad business to restrict some features to members. Aside from the security issues mentioned, I am certain that having people register to your site is better business than giving all of the same feature to guests. 

@2prnot2pand anyone else who was calling for this idea, I'm not trying to dismiss it completely, just trying to explain that there is some logic behind the decision. 

I really appreciate everyone putting things forward.

So... moving forwards

Site promotion and updates will be done shortly. Daily topics will be introduced. We'll test some 'chat hour' times and I'll make announcements about it to encourage others to test the chat.

I think I am also going to change the chatroom system. When we had a poll on this the votes were fairly even, but our current one is very basic. I think more features and a more premium feel could help.

Leave this with me guys, and I'll see what I can do in the very near future (next couple of weeks).

But for now, please just encourage others to chat and make interesting posts, as it's still possible to have some really great chats. 😄 

• Agree 3

A portion of me fear we are getting mad at a cockroach in order to ignore the elephant in the room.

The chat is nothing more than a place where people talk, and it's pointless to be stressed about turning it into something else to hide the fact we are simply experiencing a terrible "down phase" in the forum traffic (both less people logging in, and less activity by those who do)

When more people used to log in daily, nobody was concerned of the chat, as it worked perfectly

Edited by spywareonya
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

Thank you to the Admin and others that have replied. I'd love to help with topics. Not sure if i could do that daily. 

I agree with Spywareonya I do think the site is experiencing a down phase. It doesn't seem to be nearly as busy as a few months ago. I think it's a combination of some regulars leaving and very new 'active' members coming into this site. There are a 'few' regulars...but when they take a break... (which is understandable) This site really suffers. If the regulars aren't active... and new people aren't coming in... then this site becomes in active.

Here's what I feel bad about.... So when I go over to peesearch I keep seeing posts about people being unhappy there. That it's a ghost town. I don't blame them that their unhappy. That site really is a ghost town. But what makes me feel bad is that there's a limit to how many you can private message so it's extremely hard to let people know on there about this site. I think people on there really do want a site like this, but how to let that site know about this one..is tricky. I sometimes go in their chat and there's like one person in there that ends up saying that they feel alone and there's no one to chat on there...

Edited by Blackinksoul30
  • Agree 1