I wish more people used chat.

Guest UnabashedUser

I enjoy a good rollicking chat there just never seems to be anyone in the chatroom when I'm online. The tiny box and other restraints are non conducive for fun chat either. If there's an IRC type link I'd be around more often. 

Yes, unfortunately most people won't chat unless they see someone else chatting, but of course someone has to take the leap and ask something interesting or get a topic rolling. Credit to those who do try. 

The 'chat hour' message was added, and it worked for one or two nights but then I think the novelty wore off.

I'll look into improving the live chat though - perhaps a better design and more features will help. Ultimately it still needs people to take the initiative though, so I think often it just needs someone to share something interesting. 

24 minutes ago, UnabashedUser said:

I enjoy a good rollicking chat there just never seems to be anyone in the chatroom when I'm online. The tiny box and other restraints are non conducive for fun chat either. If there's an IRC type link I'd be around more often. 

There's the full screen chat by clicking the chatbox page in the navigation. https://peefans.com/chatbox/ 🙂 

• Agree 1

Part of the problem, I think, is that this is a global community. We have users in several time zones spread around the world. I know a lot of the membership in the UK/Europe, with others spread across North America... although this is a reasonably active community, not everyone is active at the same time, which real-time chat requires. 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, spywareonya said:

Being constantly asked if I need to pee is not my idea of chat

The prove is that when some people are in the chatroom I spent HOURS there, I still remember my "drunk chat" with Steve about kangaroos that in the end stretched to everything in our minds… we chatted nonstop for the like of two hours… then Mark J and I think Riley (Amazing people) stumbled in and the fun twiced… and we joked about everything, from sex to politic to making bad jokes about what we hated and loved of our countries...

THAT is my idea of chat

@spywareonya You hit the nail on the head and said it better than I ever could. 

Thank you.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Sophie said:

@spywareonya You hit the nail on the head and said it better than I ever could. 

Thank you.

Oooh…!!!

I am blushing… but indeed maybe this will bring a soft enlightment for people and begin to ease things!!!

I am getting a Master Degree in utilizing cuteness to solve problems 😚

• Love 1
3 hours ago, spywareonya said:

Being constantly asked if I need to pee is not my idea of chat

The prove is that when some people are in the chatroom I spent HOURS there, I still remember my "drunk chat" with Steve about kangaroos that in the end stretched to everything in our minds… we chatted nonstop for the like of two hours… then Mark J and I think Riley (Amazing people) stumbled in and the fun twiced… and we joked about everything, from sex to politic to making bad jokes about what we hated and loved of our countries...

THAT is my idea of chat

I knew you would take care of the situation day 1. Thank you. 

I had mentioned that it uncool to ask who needs to wee every single time. Like please dial it back. @Sophie was a little more blunt, but I knew it simply needed  @spywareonya to take care of business. Now the only reason I did not go full boar was that this is a pee site and to tell someone not to mention pee related things was a dilemma.

I realize my contributions are sometime mundane and not likely to entice anyone to join in. I do however jump at the chance to uplift someone or support them in any way I can 

My lifestyle plus my particular job allows me to be on chat on and off most days, all day. I’ve made friends and I like to check if any of them are active 

Anyway I will continue to be my usual self in chat which basically means I am happy to talk to anyone about any topic sans politics. 

Love you all

Edit PS or whatever. I guess more work needs to be done - correct “hun”? lol

Edited by Mark J
  • Agree 2
38 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Now the only reason I did not go full boar was that this is a pee site and to tell someone not to mention pee related things was a dilemma.

This proved key-concept for me too

39 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I realize my contributions are sometime mundane and not likely to entice anyone to join in. I do however jump at the chance to uplift someone or support them in any way I can 

The chat is about that

I am sure both @Admin and @Sophie will agree that the core of a nice chat is the overall attitude, not necessarily the majesty of the subject. The fact that you cannot make a kangaroo drink more than 3 cans of beer (since the 4th you are an outlaw!!!) is not like last Stephen Hawkings theories...

But it went fine because Steve is sensitivity and gentleness made male

• Love 1
1 minute ago, FlyingthedreamUK said:

I get that this is a pee site and the reason we're all here is that we share a common interest in the subject.

However I agree with the majority here, chat should be just that, a place where people come to talk. You wouldn't just walk in to a bar and straight up ask someone if they needed to pee so why do it here? Get to know the other people here and if they wish to share things then they will, far more freely than if you hit them with the same questions all the time.

One of the key ingredients to a site like this is our female members, without them we have nothing so we should always treat them with respect that they deserve. Not just barrage them with the same "do you need to pee?" "Have you pee'd?" Etc... all the time.

Basically, tone it down guys!

Agree 100%

• Agree 1
12 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

I think it's all matter of helping people understand that

I agree, that's why I think it's great that it's been brought up.

The chatroom is impossible to police 24/7 and you can't stop people from talking freely. It would just be nice if a bit more consideration was taken and people thought before they sent a message.

We have people of all ages represented on this site, we're not all 18!

I think a lot of people would be put off from the chat if it's too intimidating

• Agree 1