Happy Halloween!

You Americans and your Halloween!In uk once you get past about 10 we tend not to bother with it...We have Guy Fawkes night a week later instead where we let off Fireworks have bonfires commemorating the savage execution of one Guy Fawkes who was the best man to get into Parliament,to blow it up in 1605 i think...still,enjoy you crazy Yanks!

42 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

Happy Halloween from a Canadian. Fall(autumn) is my favorite time of the year

Fall is my favorite season too.  And, I love Canada!  I'm twenty minutes from the bridge from Detroit to Windsor, Ontario.  Our neighbors to the north, you gotta love 'em! 🙂

4 hours ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

i'm going to a halloween party tomorrow with my hubby. then to a pumpkin festival on Sunday 😄

Iam planning on attending a Halloween party with my wife on 27th. Providing I get harvest all done by then lol

• Like 3
4 hours ago, 2prnot2p said:

Fall is my favorite season too.  And, I love Canada!  I'm twenty minutes from the bridge from Detroit to Windsor, Ontario.  Our neighbors to the north, you gotta love 'em! 🙂

We like our neighbors to the south of us as well. Iam quite a ways west of you lol. Montana is strait south of me about about 500km

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Flapnjack said:

Im never ready for snow 😞

Me either. This year we have had snow on September 28, it melted and then again on october 8. It also melted away. Its a bad start to fall lol. It makes for a long winter when the snow falls in october and doesn't melt till March or April lol

• Like 1

Speedy3471, if you're 500km north of the Montana border, your winters must be brutal.  My sister lived in Winnipeg for a year and she told me about their winters.  It was so cold that most people wore fur coats.  This was back in the early 1970's.  Here in the Detroit area, we had our coldest & snowiest winter on record in 2014, the year of the Polar Vortex.  They said it was due to cold air coming down from Canada.  Thanks for that!  LOL!

Happy Halloween to you all!  Hopefully you like the new 'Halloween theme' the forum is now rocking, but feel free to change back to the default yellow/lighter theme by hitting the 'Theme' button at the bottom of any page. 

I have been pretty inactive here in recent weeks, as gold members will know  I've been working on an exciting update for the video gallery due to launch by 1st November. I look forward to catching up with everyone shortly. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We don't celebrate Halloween in Australia either, I think this year, even the supermarkets gave it up, not seen a lot of merchandise on display. My ladies set up a creepy theme on our front yard last year, and waited for trick or treaters to show up, not one, not a Scooby snack. We ate sour sweets for weeks, lol.

Happy Halloween, enjoy the holiday / Festival.

3 hours ago, 2prnot2p said:

Speedy3471, if you're 500km north of the Montana border, your winters must be brutal.  My sister lived in Winnipeg for a year and she told me about their winters.  It was so cold that most people wore fur coats.  This was back in the early 1970's.  Here in the Detroit area, we had our coldest & snowiest winter on record in 2014, the year of the Polar Vortex.  They said it was due to cold air coming down from Canada.  Thanks for that!  LOL!

Ya our winters are brutal. Average temperature in December and January is -30 celcius. Polar vortex we Canadian just call it winter lol

We have some wild temperature swings, we go from 35 celcius in the summer to -40 in the winter. When we factor in the wind during the winter it can feel like -50

• Like 2
2 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Ya our winters are brutal. Average temperature in December and January is -30 celcius. Polar vortex we Canadian just call it winter lol

We have some wild temperature swings, we go from 35 celcius in the summer to -40 in the winter. When we factor in the wind during the winter it can feel like -50

Yikes!  Merino wool socks are a must in those temps. I don't mind winter as I have the right clothing, but those lows would get to me.  Stay warm!

57 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

Yikes!  Merino wool socks are a must in those temps. I don't mind winter as I have the right clothing, but those lows would get to me.  Stay warm!

Yup proper clothing is a must. It's hard to dress for the wind, it just bites right through you. It was very nice here today. It got up to 18 Celsius. It's only gonna go down to -3 tonight. According to the weather man that is lol

• Like 2

Are we going to get in trouble?  I mean, this is supposed to be 'Pee Talk and Questions.'  I suppose the worst that will happen is maybe the Admin will move this topic to the General Chat/Non-Pee section.  Sorry, I didn't mean to wander off...it just sort of happened.  LOL!