Menstruation

How many people on this site like menstruation.  

196 members have voted

1. 1. How many people on this site like menstruation.

17 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I have yet to meet a single lady who enjoys any single aspect about menstruation - so really our feelings of whether we like the look of it or not are the least of the ladies' concerns.

Whether it looks yukky to us or whether we embrace it as an integral part of the whole magic that is the female form is really not that relevant.  Instead let's just offer warm hugs, a paracetamol and a huge mug of hot chocolate to our friends - with extra marshmallow on top for @puddyls being open and honest enough to share with us.

Obviously it's way more of a potential issue for women who have to experience it, than it is for men who can look away if they want to and don't have to live inside a body that is doing it. I was just saying that if it looked like what Puddyls is showing (and if the cramps weren't too bad as well), I don't think it it would be that hard for me to go through--yet if it were much "bloodier" it would make being a woman quite uncomfortable. I remember once reading a thread on a forum about how women who feel queasy about, or even faint at the sight of, blood deal with that time of the month. Most said that somehow it was different from a regular injury, but at least one said she avoided it as much as possible.

And yes, I appreciate being able to see pictures to satisfy my curiosity about the workings of the female body. If I were to come across a picture  "queasying" enough that it risked turning me off to female bodies for a while, I'd just look away--and there haven't been any like that in this thread. Of course in no way would I ever blame a woman for mentruating!

• Love 1

I saw a survey on the internet a few years ago (can't find a link at the moment) about women's attitudes to menstrual sex. A lot of women said that they would like to have more sex when they were menstruating, but were worried about their partner's reaction if they bought the subject up. I've also seen comments by guys saying that if the woman was comfortable doing it, they don't see menstruation as a reason for not having sex.

These people need to talk to each other more (lol), but I guess that's the problem with a "taboo" subject - people don't talk about it.

Puddyls, thanks very much for continuing to post your pics 😀

• Agree 1

My ex husband would have sex during that time of the month, we just put a towel down. To be honest when you get turned on the bleeding often stops anyway so isn’t as messy as you might expect and if you go to the toilet before then sex can be as normal as usual anyway. 

• Agree 1
  • Love 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm only a bloke - and so there is a very high risk that anything I say will come across as mansplaining, mysoginistic, sexist, trivial etc.

I'll take the risk anyway to say that my heart goes out to all of you affected by the physical, mental and psychological effects of menstruation.  Sending virtual hugs, hot water bottles and chocolate.

• Agree 1
  • Love 2
On 2/18/2022 at 12:08 PM, Eliminature said:

This thread is interesting. I never thought that men would be turned on by menstruation. Every day is a school day, as they say. 

For me, menstruation isn't a turn on the way that peeing is. It's a bodily function that I wish women didn't have to deal with when they aren't trying to get pregnant, mostly for their sake. Being someone who likes to feel childlike and innocent in many ways, I'd hate to have a body that effectively says "I force you to be painfully conscious of being an adult for a few days every month", which is what menstruation seems like it would feel like if it happened to me. 

There are also many bodily functions like getting wet from being turned on, lactation, and even sweating that are less messy than periods and much less likely to be painful. I must admit that I would find it hard to feel sexy if my own crotch looked like an open wound. However, at the same time menstruation is something that makes me quite curious because it's not something I experience or ever will, and it's something private. The whole process of making babies is really a wonder, and the fact that something that in all other contexts would be unhealthy is nonetheless a natural part of it makes it all the more intriguing, and tends to inspire intense feelings.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
On 2/19/2022 at 6:38 AM, Eliminature said:

This thread is interesting. I never thought that men would be turned on by menstruation. Every day is a school day, as they say. 

It isn't a turn-on for me,  but it's more like it brings out the affectionate and protective side of my nature.   I think @puddyls is a total sweetheart in her willingness to share her whole experience with us.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 12:08 PM, Eliminature said:

As much as I get turned on by your pee photos @PuddyIs, I know this feeling only too well. I hope your cramps aren't too bad! ❤ 

aww. thanks, sweetie. 💕 they weren't. just that one kinda went on longer than usual, like it was going to go forevs.

and seriously! i too really didn't expect that. it's really fascinating hearing the opinions and experiences from the guys. 

Edited by puddyls
  • Like 1
  • Hug 1
1 hour ago, UnauthorisedGuy said:

Don't think I've ever actually seen a "pad bulge" - I'll have to pay more attention when I'm out and about, lol.

I expect they are pretty rare. Most women would wear jeans or baggier skirts/trousers so that it wouldn’t show. Also not sure how many wear them, I switched to tampons at 20 and then a mooncup about 5 years ago so haven’t worn pads in years and don’t think any of my friends do either. Plus with the use of period pants etc the bulge doesn’t really exist. You may be lucky though! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Peewee123 said:

I expect they are pretty rare. Most women would wear jeans or baggier skirts/trousers so that it wouldn’t show. Also not sure how many wear them, I switched to tampons at 20 and then a mooncup about 5 years ago so haven’t worn pads in years and don’t think any of my friends do either. Plus with the use of period pants etc the bulge doesn’t really exist. You may be lucky though! 

I agree with you about pads - women whose preferences I am aware of only use pads at night, if at all. I think you're right too about pad bulges - if they were common, I would have noticed them by now, lol.

Edited by UnauthorisedGuy

I'm at risk here of being one of those irritating guys who mansplains things which the ladies are all too familiar with.

I'll avoid doing that by just commenting that main TV and magazine advertising campaigns for both sanitary towel and incontinence pad design for many years seems to have focussed on each pad being slimmer and less obtrusive / more comfortable than the last and able to absorb more blue Avatar pee than ever before.

So, if the advertising hype is true then it's totally to be expected that we never see the visual effects...

• Haha 2
14 hours ago, Peewee123 said:

I switched to tampons at 20 and then a mooncup about 5 years ago

I too used a mooncup/menstrual cup for over a decade. I still have it, though I haven't needed to use it since 2019. 

More comfortable, better protection, can be worn longer than eight hours without giving you toxic shock, pays for itself within a few months (no need to buy disposable pads/tampons) and better for the environment. 

With a contraceptive coil, I don't bleed at all though. Oddly, I do still have low mood, gastro-intestinal issues and mild cramps so I do have a period of sorts; I just don't bleed. 

• Hug 2