Menstruation

How many people on this site like menstruation.  

196 members have voted

1. 1. How many people on this site like menstruation.

meh. i feel icky. i’m so heavy this time. and the cramps were so bad. the first day i could totally tell it was coming on, ususally it starts with a little spotting, but instead it just was like ‘hi’. i actually chose not to use a tampon with my pink thong expecting the usual since i was going to change anyways, but that was kind of an error in judgement. lol. 🥺02CDDCFD-8F6A-4B17-8153-5FE5FD289F29.thumb.jpeg.84d6c2ea108c1ab065648c4af0fe66e0.jpeg and i woke up not fairing much better. 😣D856EBC2-BAA1-406F-9775-A8DEDE857FEC.thumb.jpeg.b8a61bdee850a41a54b6050175cdcea4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Hot 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not, but I'll share some of my experiences for those who are! 

My periods went from 4 days to 5/6 after my last pregnancy. Day two and three are my heaviest days, and usually day three will start off normally and then hit me heavy for no reason. 

I went from using pads, to tampons, to using a cup after my first pregnancy. Cups are great! Just pop it in and no worries! Usually I forget I'm on my period till I can feel the bubbles and know I need to empty it. I also use period panties as a backup since I don't leak a whole lot when I use a cup. 

• Like 2

On my heaviest days I can fill my cup in two hours, and they're supposed to hold like 1 or 2 super tampons worth of blood 😩 I could never use supers cause, even after giving birth so many times, I'm super tight and it would be painful for me to insert.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Bacardi said:

I'm not, but I'll share some of my experiences for those who are! 

My periods went from 4 days to 5/6 after my last pregnancy. Day two and three are my heaviest days, and usually day three will start off normally and then hit me heavy for no reason. 

I went from using pads, to tampons, to using a cup after my first pregnancy. Cups are great! Just pop it in and no worries! Usually I forget I'm on my period till I can feel the bubbles and know I need to empty it. I also use period panties as a backup since I don't leak a whole lot when I use a cup. 

Thanks very much for sharing 🙂

So you can feel when the cup is almost full? 

8 hours ago, UnauthorisedGuy said:

Thanks very much for sharing 🙂

So you can feel when the cup is almost full? 

Yeah. Its really hard to describe if you've never felt it before, but it feels like there are bubbles coming up inside of you. Once you feel the bubbles you have like ten minutes before it over flows and you've got a big mess to clean up! I've been stuck in meetings before on my third day with nothing happening, then all of the sudden I'm hit with a rush of blood for two hours bleeding into my undies because I cant dump it. 

• Like 1

The cup is also how I learned that there's more than one type of period blood. There's pure liquid and then thicker stuff like what you would get if you're aroused. I didn't know that when I was just using pads and tampons because it all just makes together and you don't get to see it like when you dump and clean out a cup.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Bacardi said:

Yeah. Its really hard to describe if you've never felt it before, but it feels like there are bubbles coming up inside of you. Once you feel the bubbles you have like ten minutes before it over flows and you've got a big mess to clean up! I've been stuck in meetings before on my third day with nothing happening, then all of the sudden I'm hit with a rush of blood for two hours bleeding into my undies because I cant dump it. 

That's really interesting - I can understand you'd feel a tampon or a pad becoming saturated, but I'd sort of assumed that with a cup, you wouldn't get any warning that it needed to be emptied.

Obviously not great to be stuck in a meeting when you get that feeling 😞

11 hours ago, UnauthorisedGuy said:

That's really interesting - I can understand you'd feel a tampon or a pad becoming saturated, but I'd sort of assumed that with a cup, you wouldn't get any warning that it needed to be emptied.

Obviously not great to be stuck in a meeting when you get that feeling 😞

I havent used tampons in over six years now, but from what I can remember tampons I couldn't feel at all. The only warning I'd get that it was full was a sudden gush into my panties and it was over lol. I dont miss those at all. I havent bought pads or tampons in years since I've gone 100 percent reusable.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I may as well tell of my experiences here since I am lucky enough to have had some!
My wife is now past the age at which this matters, but she was never squeamish about menstruation, and for myself, I've never had a problem with any bodily substances.
Prior to my wife, an ex-girlfriend and I had a single experience which didn't go too well. She wasn't the most sexually adventurous person in the world, but on this occasion she was at Uni and we had just a single night in a hotel together. It was that 'time of the month'. After much persuasion, she relented and probably without realising just how much blood there would be, we enjoyed ourselves - under the covers and with dimmed lighting as she preferred. Once over, we became aware of the damp patch and she had a look. Immediately bursting into tears at the patch at least a foot in diameter she rushed the sheets into the bathroom and began washing them frantically, sending me out of the room entirely for the duration!
We never spoke of it again, and she was 'out of bounds' once a month thereafter!
Fast forward a few years, and I'm married to my wife.
Actually, lets backtrack just a little...
The day of our wedding in June 1992 happened to coincide with her period.
She'd mentioned to her bridesmaids the fact that the "something blue" that she was wearing on the day would be her tampon string.
They felt so sorry for her that her wedding night was to be spoiled by such a thing, but that sympathy turned quickly to either horror or revulsion when she explained that it really would make any difference!
Turns out none of them found period sex something they would ever have considered. To us, it really didn't matter - we'd always just carried on regardless - oral, fucking etc. To my mind it just added a little kinkiness to the whole experience, and it was so refreshing to find someone who didn't care either. It could get messy, but nothing an old towel couldn't be used for. She was a squirter anyway, so the towel was already pressed into action regularly to protect bedding, sofas, carpet etc. If anything, it makes quite an efficient lube! 🙂
I found something particularly intimate however, was when she allowed me to insert her tampons for her. I was already used to withdrawing the used ones before inserting myself into her, so to insert a tampon afterwards was nothing special. Inserting a new one was really intimate though - something women usually kept to themselves, behind locked closet doors. I always felt it something of a privilege and always enjoyed it. I would recommend the experience - so long as you listen to any instructions given to you the first few times.
It's a function and substance coming from the body you love - it cannot therefore be disgusting or dirty!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...