Embarrassing experience time

18 hours ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

Back in the day, the instructions were... you had to use a washed, sanitized juice container or water bottle.... and almost all of those are see through. Yea.. so that was part one of my extreme awkwardness of this test.... So i had to store my pee in clear bottles in the fridge that my whole family used. 

I can imagine your feelings. I have been in the same situation, many years ago (except nothing to do with my lungs). 

As said, that happened a long time ago, I (luckily) almost was forgot it already. 

I was living with my mother, sister and brother. And doctor wanted to know something about my kidneys and ordered me to collect urine for 24 hours and store that in fridge, so I know your awkwardness. I got that jug from hospital and it was semi-transparent. Not 100% clear, but easily to see what was inside. And my family of course knew it also.

I took a couple sheets of thick paper and roll of a tape and I made some kind of "paper cover" around that jug, it helped a little.

• Agree 1

@Blackinksoul30

Can I cuddle you a bit, hoping not to have my words misunderstood?

What's to be ashamed of? It's something your body produced, and is to be analyzed, stand proud with a "So what?!" attitude whenever you feel like that, it could help you sooooo much!!!

I had the same experience when deploying a poo-sample for the screening of hidden-in-faeces-blood and I was there with this "turd in a jar" while talking to people ahahahahaha

Hospital is a strange place, where all are used to see ill, unpolished naked bodies, shit and puke and blood on the floor, you hold buckets while actually people defecate in them and then you clean their butt, all day everyday

They have a different sensibilty and moral than normal people, and indeed that's why the usually have more sex than normal people, as they are Wilder

But you ave nothing to be ashamed of!!!! A huge hug and a kiss!!!

• Love 4

I had complications after my child was born and had to do that whole store your pee in cups and keep it in the fridge thing. 

I made sure to move all the food to one side of the fridge and keep the bottles (yes, bottles. Had five of them for my first morning urine 😥) at the other side. My husband laughed and tried to tell me it was alright, but I felt so awful keeping my urine in the same fridge i kept my breastmilk for the day 😫😫😫😫

• Love 1