One Unisex Rest Rooms

pee01

I have always though of this topic in my head. Should we just have one unisex rest room in public ? Some events I go just have a unisex restrooms. The lines for the ladies room is so much longer then men"s  room.

Is the answer putting more stalls in ladies room  or just make it unisex rest rooms ?  There are times were women use men's rooms because ladies room line is too long and mens room is not as long as ladies room.

There are some unisex rest rooms I been in that just have stalls. Leave your comments below. I want to hear from men and women. 

3 hours ago, pee01 said:

Some women may not like peeing if a guy in the room. I say just have all stalls.

oh no I definitely agree that having urinals in a bathroom with multiple people of the opposite sex is not a good idea but honestly if instead of having two small bathrooms you had 1 large one you could fit a lot of extra stalls. I went to a place where they obviously used to have 2 gendered bathrooms and went to 1 unisex bathroom and when you walked in they had a giant u of stalls around the perimeter of the room and a central corridor of stalls that ended up being way more space efficient. Instead of having maybe 5ish stalls in 2 bathrooms they had probably 20+ stalls in the unisex bathroom. I do enjoy privacy but having no lines is still better. 

• Like 2

Im against it.I would feel uncomfortable yet sexually curious if i was in a public toilet at the same time as a girl.I think also having female relatives there is the possibility of real sexual assaults or nuisance.

Men are men and women are women,such things are best kept apart unless there is some consent somewhere.

There are more and more establishment with more than one bathroom, and it just says Restroom with pics of both men and women. Of course these places are usually stores or restaurants which lines is usually not an issue. But I do love and proud that my State is making adjustments for the trans community. 

Mark good point you bring up. There are places that have more rest rooms in public then used to. There are places to that still have problems with small rest rooms and lines. We can't prevent the long lines until we get more toilets install in the rest rooms.

9 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

There are more and more establishment with more than one bathroom, and it just says Restroom with pics of both men and women. Of course these places are usually stores or restaurants which lines is usually not an issue. But I do love and proud that my State is making adjustments for the trans community. 

My area is doing this too and I like it too🙂 honestly if you just look at like the practicality of it it is way more space efficient and if there are lines it's not just for one gender like for other places. 

I've also seen like rediculous gendered bathrooms. I was going on a hike and the bathroom there was gendered so on my first trip to the bathroom I went into the female door and it was literally just a hole in the ground to do your business on with no heat or anything and at first I didn't think anything of it but after the hike I went to go pee again and someone was using the female side again and at first I waited but then was like it's just a hole in the ground and used the men's side which was the same hope in the ground xD. Sorry for the jumbled text😂😂

• Like 1

Is there a "trans community"?In my lifetime although ive known of a few gay people,ive never met a trannie.Or do i know anyone that ever met a trannie.

How large IS this seeming burgeoning "trans community"?I think its a going a step too far.Sorry,but i think the trannies are just perverts in disguise.If i thought i could access ladies toilets just by claiming to be "confused about my gender" i might give it go...I have young female relatives i would hate for them to be providers of sexual cheap thrills for a guy dressed as a woman.

I think men and women in public places should have seperate facilities..If youre a trannie,you make a choice.

7 minutes ago, fannywatcher said:

Is there a "trans community"?In my lifetime although ive known of a few gay people,ive never met a trannie.Or do i know anyone that ever met a trannie.

How large IS this seeming burgeoning "trans community"?I think its a going a step too far.Sorry,but i think the trannies are just perverts in disguise.If i thought i could access ladies toilets just by claiming to be "confused about my gender" i might give it go...I have young female relatives i would hate for them to be providers of sexual cheap thrills for a guy dressed as a woman.

I think men and women in public places should have seperate facilities..If youre a trannie,you make a choice.

Pm me

Most of the smaller places that have unisex toilets are just single toilets and a sink behind each door, so they are private rooms and there is very little point in making them gender specific.  It is just more efficient that any person can use any toilet.

However, with larger establishments, I would say that going unisex would not make better use of the space or time, or even water as you would have to replace open urinals with individual cubicles throughout.  Then maybe 6 urinals would be replaced by 4 cubicles, so you would get a lower throughput, plus it is going to be slower to go into a cubicle, shut the door, pee, flush, open the door and exit than it is to just walk to a urinal, pee and walk away (most urinals here are auto flush or waterless).   Add to that the fact that you might get stage fright whilst waiting to pee knowing that there is a girl in the cubicle next to you, or you may take a bit longer because you are listening to the girl next to you and it would all slow down a bit.

Personally, I would have no hesitation in using a unisex shared toilet facility and would actually quite enjoy it, but I do think it will have some limitations.  I think it will move that way over time though.

I occassionally go to a customer's office where on one floor there are unisex toilets.  There are three cubicles in one room and the divider panels and doors go floor to ceiling to avoid peeking I presume.  The toilet is just down from the kitchen and I have been known to make a drink in the kitchen and then if I need the toilet I time my visit so that it is just after a good looking lady heads in the direction of the toilets.  I have enjoyed listening to a few girls this way.  I have to say though that it seems a bit weird when you both come out of the cubicles and stand next to each other at the sinks to wash hands.  

That a a very good point and facts yuy bring up here. It works and some ways no way or would work. There would be fights women and men over stalls. Some places I go are only unisex rest rooms. The short answer is install more stalls and urainls in rest rooms less of a lines. It's just interested that some place have unisex rest rooms and it works.