Keep getting asked if I want to allow notifications

(I also cannot see what I'm typing in the title box unless I highlight it, but that might be an issue with my theme)

Firefox 61.0.1 (64-bit) - Private Browsing
Ubuntu 18.04

Whenever I open something in a new tab (which I do frequently when browsing the forums) I get asked if I want to allow peefans to send notifications. I believe this is due to me being in private browsing so it doesn't remember my choice but is there anything that can be done? It's rather annoying.

What theme are you using? Presumably you mean an issue with a custom Firefox theme rather than one of the forum themes? 

As for the notifications popup, this is something done by browsers automatically rather than any sort of feature PeeFans has introduced. I get the same thing on most modern sites that have a notification system. On Chrome for me it remembers my decision even in private browsing, but you're right that given that the whole point of private browsing is that history/preferences aren't saved, I can see why it might ask you every time. Not sure if this is something I'll have any control of, but I'll take a look to see if it can be disabled, as I agree that would be a little annoying.

Yes I mean a Firefox theme, sorry for not being more clear. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but it's definitely a browser thing rather than site. Strangely it's only in the title input box. The post body displays fine while typing!

I figured it was done automatically by the browser but I thought I'd ask anyway. I think it's because of Firefox because I don't believe I had the same issue on Chrome, windows.

Thanks anyway!

• Like 1

Would be curious to know if you have the same issue with any other Firefox themes in private browsing mode. If it's just that one custom theme though, it seems likely it's out of our control unfortunately. Other PeeFans' themes with different colours may fit your Firefox theme better, but it's really just luck as I have no idea what colours/code the Firefox theme changes.

Likewise I've checked with the notifications popup, and there's no option for us to disable them sorry. 😞 Luckily it seems in most cases the decision is remembered even in private browsing. 

If the two things are really bothering you though, for now the best workaround would just be a different browser (or theme at least) for viewing the site.  I appreciate that's far from ideal but hopefully it will only have to be temporary. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 11:47 AM, Admin said:

Would be curious to know if you have the same issue with any other Firefox themes in private browsing mode. If it's just that one custom theme though, it seems likely it's out of our control unfortunately.

Little update on this, I've tried a couple of themes now and get the same thing. Interestingly it's only this site I've experienced it on so I'm not sure if it's a CSS thing or a browser thing. I'll have to install Chromium and try that.

edit - Tried Chromium and it works fine. Seems to be a Firefox issue.