ROOM 101

F.W

Wildlife programmes.(modern)

As a person who likes wildlife and nature etc,this may sound like a heresy.Was a time when "Attenborough" was a beacon of scientific enlightenment.Programmes like "Life on Earth" etc,were a wonder of discovery,facts about nature you never heard of.

Or on ITV there was "Survival",which was often a very pared down topic maybe about the animals of the Arctic etc,and their adaptations.

Move forward 30 years,and the programmes seem to be about showing how clever the cameras are,or look at our budget that we blew on filming the Elephants eating in slow motion.Or "wow,we spent £300,000 on these night vision cameras,to film Owls hunting" etc...Many BBC films now in fact are not even written by Sir David himself.They simply use his name and voice,in the same way that a film company might allocate 60% of its budget to get maybe Michael Caine,or Sean Connery to appear in a crappy B-movie,just to get people to see it.

Also,the ENDLESS slo-mo,that actually hurts my eyes,i want to see the Cheetah run and catch its prey in real-time,i.e,about 10 seconds,not have it drawn out into an artsy-fartsy kind of "natures ballet of life and death" crap.In a wildlife film,I want scientific aspects,NOT a kind of "Lion King LIVE"!

• Haha 1
On 12/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, F.W said:

As a person who likes wildlife and nature etc,this may sound like a heresy.Was a time when "Attenborough" was a beacon of scientific enlightenment.Programmes like "Life on Earth" etc,were a wonder of discovery,facts about nature you never heard of.

Or on ITV there was "Survival",which was often a very pared down topic maybe about the animals of the Arctic etc,and their adaptations.

Move forward 30 years,and the programmes seem to be about showing how clever the cameras are,or look at our budget that we blew on filming the Elephants eating in slow motion.Or "wow,we spent £300,000 on these night vision cameras,to film Owls hunting" etc...Many BBC films now in fact are not even written by Sir David himself.They simply use his name and voice,in the same way that a film company might allocate 60% of its budget to get maybe Michael Caine,or Sean Connery to appear in a crappy B-movie,just to get people to see it.

Also,the ENDLESS slo-mo,that actually hurts my eyes,i want to see the Cheetah run and catch its prey in real-time,i.e,about 10 seconds,not have it drawn out into an artsy-fartsy kind of "natures ballet of life and death" crap.In a wildlife film,I want scientific aspects,NOT a kind of "Lion King LIVE"!

You know what?I was right.Today i read theres much criticism of the recent "Dynasties" series on BBC.I admit i havent even watched for the above reasons,but it seems my judgement was right.The programmes are scripted like Disney movies,"ooh will the poor little baby penguin live?"or "oh no that poor chimpanzee is injured,i wonder if it will lose its mummy and daddy?"..Animals dont live their lives in such anthropomorphic ways.Its just nonsense...Bring back interesting animal science please,less of the Disney.

• Agree 1
12 hours ago, steve25805 said:

Brexit.

In or out, I am sick to death of hearing about it.

I did see something funny on those lines, a massive anchor and 1ft thick chain links went away into the ocean. A guy was sawing away with a hacksaw with a quote of "This will take a while"

Dont know if such a thing exists, of if it was an elaborate setup, but is was funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:37 AM, UnabashedUser said:

Hysterical funny LOL. Yes, if there were some way to bottle that wondrous scent of engorged and freshly aroused pussy it would be a best seller. My wife from time to time will  get a finger full of that wondrous aroma and waft it under my nose not only to temp me for later, but reward me as she knows I love it so.

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT FINALLY SOMEBODY WHO HAD THE SAME IDEA AS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1
Guest UnabashedUser
3 hours ago, spywareonya said:

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT FINALLY SOMEBODY WHO HAD THE SAME IDEA AS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make it in 3 flavors -- aroused, normal and freshly fucked.

6 minutes ago, UnabashedUser said:

Make it in 3 flavors -- aroused, normal and freshly fucked.

aroused, the other two are less impressive

and we will call it SHEER POWER

unisex, you spray it on yourself and feel like you are high in anphetamines ahahaha

• Love 1

My pet peeves- People that smoke in public.

People that get real rowdy and loud at bar areas of restaurants.

Parents that just let their kids scream their heads off in stores without even uttering a word of discipline. 

People that are against LGBT rights. Love who you want to love. 

People that ride your ass when you're driving

People that say stupid shit when they see me in a wheel chair in public

Religious extremists that shout at people in the streets. 

Nurses/doctors that have no bedside manner what so ever 

Employees at stores that don't smile at all and clearly show that they hate their job.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

My pet peeves- People that smoke in public.

People that get real rowdy and loud at bar areas of restaurants.

Parents that just let their kids scream their heads off in stores without even uttering a word of discipline. 

People that are against LGBT rights. Love who you want to love. 

People that ride your ass when you're driving

People that say stupid shit when they see me in a wheel chair in public

Religious extremists that shout at people in the streets. 

Nurses/doctors that have no bedside manner what so ever 

Employees at stores that don't smile at all and clearly show that they hate their job.

fascinating

can I answer?

people that smoke in public

I ask pardon, but I am a 101% pro-tobacco person. I don't smoke that much, but I adore to do it and I would even like Law to lift last decades prohibition of smoking in public closed places like pubs and theaters

loud guys

Yes, they can be bothering. I just discovered I was bothered because of a subtle envy: during my best periods of life, they mysteriously bothered me much less, so I investigated my own unconscious and boom!!!

spineless parents with animal-like children

ok, they're the worst

people against LGTB rights

it depends on how much they are against

people who are against for bible-bashing medieval  mindset are an obstacle to progress, but there are some lgtb "rights" which for me are not rights even to straight persons so I am against such too

don't bother the driver!!!!

for the wheelchair, hypocrisy is worse than anything

I ADORE religious extremists, they're funny as hell. If they just shout, then you can ignore them or answer something about being a satanist or a Witch, and see them go mad. As soon as one of them gets a bit too extreme, then is a terrorist, and I still pray to meet one, as murdering somebody that deserves it is still an empty box in my to-do-before-you-die list

the one about hospital manners is a deeper problem than many understands. I am completely by your side and next to your lovely heart on that

and the last one is really a pain in the ass, but I can get along with it. Alex used to react a bit worse but I helped him on that ihihihi

• Love 2

The thing about lgbt rights that bother me the most...for example..if two guys want to marry or two girls want to marry... they should be able to get married. That should be a universal law... if you love them.. then you should be able to legally marry them in every state. I feel disappointed with people that are extremely against two people that love each other that want to get married. 

I went to Pride parade last year for the first time. I LOVED it!!! Seeing older people, families, kids in the parade all dressed up. I got tear eyed and so happy to be there to witness such kindness and unity in the city. 

Edited by Blackinksoul30
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

The thing about lgbt rights that bother me the most...for example..if two guys want to marry or two girls want to marry... they should be able to get married. That should be a universal law... if you love them.. then you should be able to legally marry them in every state. I feel disappointed with people that are extremely against two people that love each other that want to get married. 

Marriage should be law-abiding without restrictions of sort

But I propose a counter-reflection. Marriage is a religious feature. I mean, it was religion that created marriage, shamanistic cultures practiced free love, if a couple wanted to be just by themselves they simply said "no" to people proposing them sex

Since religion is against homosexuality from the start, why begging?

One could say: to me is just a way to get social ratification of our couple

Ok, I then ask, for which use?

Is a matter of emotions? Nobody is more married than Alex and I (we are married before our Gods, if we split up we will both be prohibited to continue practice Witchcraft for all this life) but we will never get officially married, we don't need that

There is another reason: maybe, to get the same money-and-law related rights normal married people have?

BOOM!!! That was one of the rights I was talking about that, to me, should not be granted to anybody and thus removed also from those that already have them. What's the point in a non-confessional government in giving money to people just because they get married?

In a world where marriage gives no money, can be done with a signature, and divorced the month after with a signature… why marrying????

I can understand the emotional side of it… and I sincerely wants the Law to endorse same-sex marriage

But  meanwhile, feel safe that they are not missing anything

Few marriages are holy, and those who are, they are 99% because of love and 1% because of marriage, and that 99% can exist without marriage too

• Love 1

Very true, couples don't 'need' to get married to prove that they love each other. Couples can live together and just be together without getting married. I think what i'm trying to say is though..for heterosexual couples.. marriage has always been a non judgmental option. Unless someone in their own family didn't think the man and women were right for each other. You didn't have groups of people shouting at them that they can't/shouldn't/don't need to get married. LGBT couples shouldn't have to experience that. LGBT couples should have the option if they so chose without consequences from the gov't/public trying to make a spectical out of the simple fact that they want to marry. 

The second point you made is true too... they do want the same money/law related rights.

• Agree 1
15 minutes ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

You didn't have groups of people shouting at them that they can't/shouldn't/don't need to get married. LGBT couples shouldn't have to experience tha

I usually tend to see things from the right/wrong perspective about Politic and Morality and sometimes forget how people actually feel… It's not that I'm heartless, is that I want to change the world and I get used of the fact that regardless of what you do, whatever you do in any situation, there will Always be somebody who's not happy… not to say that my life was never happy… so I simply gave up caring for people's emotions, unless for special individuals that conquered my respect (like people on this forum).

On a general stance, I focus more about not doing uncorrect things, but I just skip a bit the emotional matter… thank you for providing me a new direction

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, F.W said:

Was just watching BBC Dynasties...footage included a lioness walking in the rain---in Slo-Mo..Where does this Slo-Mo increase my knowledge about lion behaviour?Then a shot of Giraffes walking-in Slo-Mo.Then a flock of Buffalo feeding-in Slo-Mo.Then a flock of birds flying-in Slo-Mo.........Does my head in.I really wish for two things really in wildlife,AND general TV shows.

NO MORE Slo-Mo.NO MORE background music.Which is often LOUDER than the dialogue!A recent show on BBC,SS_GB,received hundreds of complaints due to the fact that the dialogue was often muttered,yet the background music was often overwhelming!

• Agree 2

BBC newsreader Naga Munchetty.

She must be the highest paid person on BBC.Shes on EVERYTHING!Wonders why........

Nice woman im sure,but really BBC we believe you ok,youre not a racist organisation,yes,we get you.Now give someone else a chance hmmm?

I think ive touched on this already,but once again,modern movies.

Recently,there is a trend towards everyone being "woke".That means overtly showing your not racist,sexist,disableist,ageist,oh please give it up will you?

This is osmotically now in all movies.Star Wars,and the recent pile of Triceratops poo,Jurassic World broken kingdom,REEKED of this "wokeness".

So,now we have films either being produced with an exact percentage of the cast featuring percentages,of black,gay,women,disabled parts.Like if they were to remake "The sound of Music",the von Trapp children would feature a children of 6 different races(were there 6,or was that the Goebbels family?),one would also be of transgender,one would be in a wheelchair,and one would be dyslexic.Baron von Trapp would not be a white man,but a gay Pakistani,despite being set during the 3rd Reich period,and there were hundreds of gay Pakistani officers in the Wehrmacht werent there?And it would wrong to ask WHY a Pakistani man,and a white woman could produce children of different races wouldnt it?

All classic films are now being remade to suit the "woke" attitude of Hollywood,in which that odd concept,REALITY,is discarded.FFS,their is a new Spider-Man animation,in which Spider-Man is black!Was Marvel comics inherently "racist" to portray Spider-Man as a white guy?Yet recently,a "super hero" movie "Black Panther" was made as far as i know,with no white characters...How can this be right?Hollywood IS "racist" after all!

Im not racist,sexist or any "ist".But i DO resent my intelligence being insulted.

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:37 PM, Blackinksoul30 said:

I get you on that one. As a customer the experience is a much better one with a friendly and happy customer assistant.

But I am also a customer assistant myself in a store. It's my job. And whilst to be fair the vast majority of customers are great, there is always that 1 in 100 who isn't, is wilfully rude, speaks to you like shit, and is generally obnoxious in the full knowledge that you cannot respond in kind. There really are a small minority of people who seem to delight in behaving in this way. I know from personal experience of such customers, it is extremely difficult afterwards to get your mojo back and be your normal happy smiling self, because you are often seething inside.

So whilst the guy on the checkout might just be some miserable shit who hates his job, it is also possible that he might normally be a happy dude but who three or four customers earlier had to deal with the customer from hell. It is a thankless job then, being spoken to like shit and unable to respond with anything but unrequited friendliness, all for not a whole lot more than minimum wage. It takes enormous psychological effort to get back a happy frame of mind after the customer from hell, but what really helps is a customer empathising and being friendly, perhaps coming out with some joky banter or something. 

• Agree 2

For me it's one particular trait that seems to be becoming more prevalent in the narration which accompanies TV documentaries - which is the inability of the narrator to speak in the past tense.

We all know (eg.) the Martin Luther King was shot whilst staying at the Lorraine Motel, or that Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.  We know because we've been taught them as historical facts. History, the study of things that happened in the past. Hence why language has past, present and future tenses.

Yet it seems to be standard now for the narrator to tell us "Martin Luther King would stay at the Lorraine Motel and would be shot" or "Armstrong would step from the Lunar Module and would step onto the surface of the moon".

Last night on a Beatles documentary, some waitress who once served coffee to Lennon used that phraseology - unscripted I assume as it was her personal account.  It's a sad day if one whole tense of our glorious language has deceased (would decease?).

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to consign Christmas itself to Room 101.

Believe me, it aint no fun at all when you work in retail. And I invariably end up skinting myself out by being overgenerous.

My life would be happier without it.

Humbug!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, F.W said:

I'm not racist,sexist or any "ist".But i DO resent my intelligence being insulted

I understand completely. You hate hypocrisy and oversized political correctedness. I agree.

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, steve25805 said:

I would like to consign Christmas itself to Room 101.

Believe me, it aint no fun at all when you work in retail. And I invariably end up skinting myself out by being overgenerous.

My life would be happier without it.

Humbug!

Poor Steve!!! A huge Hug from Nancy will cuddle your heart!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 11:30 AM, steve25805 said:

It takes enormous psychological effort to get back a happy frame of mind after the customer from hell, but what really helps is a customer empathising and being friendly, perhaps coming out with some joky banter or something. 

I always go out of my way to be polite and friendly when talking to staff in stores. I'm very much aware that they work hard, often standing up all day long, and receive very little pay for their efforts.  In my student days, I worked in a hardware store and a fast food restaurant, so I can remember how difficult some customers can be.  (I also have to admit that the sixteen year old me made some pretty dumb mistakes when selling hardware.)

Most of all I am careful to do this if I have a problem with the store like faulty goods.  I know that the front-line person who speaks to me is not in control of company policy, and they are almost certainly not responsible for the problem I'm having, so I always talk to them in a good-natured and respectful way.  This seems to work out very well.