ROOM 101

F.W

What things annoy you so much you would like to see them banished?Or aspects of some human behaviour irritate you to distraction?

Heres a few of mine......i have a lot..

1.Those vaping pipe things that people seem to be endlessly sucking on.Whats the point?Either smoke or dont smoke?

2.Pedestrians who when crossing roads,seem more concerned with tuning in their smartphones than looking out for traffic.They get annoyed with you when you toot at them because youre about to hit them as they absent mindedly just step into the road.Id like to see those stupid headphones banned outdoors.Get your heads out of your arses people!

3 This current trend for perfectly nice looking folk to uglyfy themselves with hideous tattoos,and metal through their faces.Often coupled in men with a kind of facial doormat.Get a shave guys...

Those are a few of mine.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With you there bud.I hate being served in cafes by guys whose arms look like blue stilton,,and have bolts through their eyebrows.I imagine it being unhealthy if nothing else.

My point about the vapes is,if smoking tobacco is addictive,then why is the idea of sucking on what is basically a metal cigarette,any better?Its still an indication of your weak will.That you need to have something to do with your hands.Just quit.

• Agree 1

Sorry,but i would ban all "Soap Operas",or as they are also known by that high sounding term,"Serial dramas".

I would ban them because to me they nowadays seem to set the social pattern of life.Once,they were about the lives of everyday boring working folk,maybe Stan Ogden avoiding his wife after going to the pub too long etc,now they all feature "issues".As i dont watch them,you may say how can i comment.But somehow they are often reported on TV or in the papers as if all this REALLY happened.Maybe like this "Eastenders homosexual gang rape shock".As if one of the actors has been assaulted-but no,THIS is the story line and at 7.30 pm in the evening.Is that "entertainment"?And then they set up a "controversy escalation",where Emmerdale might then feature how a farmer is sexually abusing his animals or something...but its ok,because its an "issue".

Ban...

I wish they would try to ban sportspeople that fall to their knees and point to the sky...its just pathetic.

Yes,folks,im slightly misanthropic,but hey,its my Room 101.

• Like 1

All blood sports.In fact any activity that includes killing wildlife,unless a genuine risk of danger.Im not against Angling as such,providing they have to return the fish,AND they realise other animals like Cormorants,Herons,Otters,Seals also LIVE by catching fish,its NOT their hobby as it were.

The only thing that grinds my gears is personality traits. Lazy people who dont pick up after themselves or take care of their children, or people who blame all of their problems on everyone else. Take some responsibility for your actions!! 🙄

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Weatherreaders who apologise for the weather.We know its not your fault ok?If its going to be too hot,or wet on a bank holiday,i understand its not your doing,you are just reporting ok?

Guest UnabashedUser
On 8/1/2018 at 10:12 PM, fannywatcher said:

Sorry,but i would ban all "Soap Operas",or as they are also known by that high sounding term,"Serial dramas".

I would ban them because to me they nowadays seem to set the social pattern of life.Once,they were about the lives of everyday boring working folk,maybe Stan Ogden avoiding his wife after going to the pub too long etc,now they all feature "issues".As i dont watch them,you may say how can i comment.But somehow they are often reported on TV or in the papers as if all this REALLY happened.Maybe like this "Eastenders homosexual gang rape shock".As if one of the actors has been assaulted-but no,THIS is the story line and at 7.30 pm in the evening.Is that "entertainment"?And then they set up a "controversy escalation",where Emmerdale might then feature how a farmer is sexually abusing his animals or something...but its ok,because its an "issue".

Ban...

TV Announcer:  "Stay tuned for 'As The Turd Whirls' -- stories of hardworking honest men and women portrayed by rich Hollywood stars"

Guest UnabashedUser

Sheesh -- where to start? 

Tailgaters. If there's ever a start to road -rage it's some brain;ess schmuck who is two feet from your bumper at 60  mph. Such idiots need to be chastised pants-down in public with a rusty flyswatter.

Every window employee at the DMV. In every state. I've never encountered a decent human being in all  my trips to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles. Not one. They need a public shaming with a musty tennis racquet on a hot summer day. Pants down.

Any a=hole who can't wait to light up outside an expensive restaurant where I'm either about to enjoy a meal or just had one. Move 50 feet away and take your fumes with you, Jagoff..

Edited by UnabashedUser
dd

Hmm, I have a couple.

1. People who can't or won't update technology, I've had a PC repair that was still running Windows98se, and the owner was complaining about how slow it was. It was a Pentium 3 with 8 meg of ram, rofl. This same person had an old Nokia 3110 that didn't have a signal, I tried telling him that the technology wasn't used anymore. He just didn't get it, the phone still powered up, it should still work. There were several others in the same predicament, I just tell them, thanks, but no thanks.

2. Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter. If you get these things, I don't want a pic by pic story of your Mc Donald's meal being slowly eaten, I don't care if it is your last fry, or if there is only ice left in your cup, find something better to do with your time.

3. Smelly people. Don't people wash anymore? I had to use public transport for the first time in ages, and peak hour commuters , really? Does the stale smell of sweat turn people on? Not just guys either, some of the ladies smelt awful too. You would think that they would be considerate of fellow travellers, but no, just sit there marinating in your own foggy miasma, no one will notice.

I have some more, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:52 AM, fannywatcher said:

Pedestrians who when crossing roads,seem more concerned with tuning in their smartphones than looking out for traffic

Alex very simply honk them and shout heavy-rated things at them

that's very simple!!!

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, owlman76 said:

Thick lazy youngsters who feel the need to ask you stupid questions" who was JFK?", you have a mobile with internet, ask Google!

these are embarassing for me too

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, owlman76 said:

Insolent shop staff who keep chatting to someone when you are waiting to be served!

simply shout against them threatening report to their bosses

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:18 AM, Bacardi said:

The only thing that grinds my gears is personality traits.

I understand you, but I have had to learn mercy, we are all fucked in a way or another, bring me the persons you consider the most perfect one, I'll compare him/her to the non-human standards us Witches daily compare ourselves to, and he/she will look like a paragon of sin and imperfection

This really changed me forever

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:40 AM, Scot_Lover said:

Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter. If you get these things, I don't want a pic by pic story of your Mc Donald's meal being slowly eaten, I don't care if it is your last fry, or if there is only ice left in your cup, find something better to do with your time

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

I myself? Banning something? Modern day economy, and powerful people who care not for others

Or hell, just ban the laws that prevent me from killing them!

I can stand anything else, I am a mentally trained fucking Witch!

On a less serious degree, I have a thing against people who, under any circumstances, looks like they do not understand how much something is coasting to you. In my past I have been poor as shit, after getting a new job I went out for dinner with Alex, and lazy and unpolite waiter ruined it all in various ways, and when in the end we complained, we had been told "It was a 50%-of-the-price promotion night, what did you expected?". Then I simply started calling a friend who worked for a journal, there and then. it was not a threat, I was really doing that and I was utterly possessed by bloodthirst, people who know me for good on this forum knows that some past traumas give me quite some problem in dealing with anger, I never get angry in situations most people would, but when I do, something simply breaks down in me, and I would have had that man fired (and I am not easy about that, I know what un-employement is, but my heart shuts down when I am in that killing spree) or that restaurant publicly ruined.

They got so scared they gave us all our money back, and begged us to refrain from our vengeance. We did. But we never got back there.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The modern trend of not scaring the snowflakes.

The way on TV before a film for instance,the film may be titled "Drink the blood of Dracula",yet they give out the folowing vital information just in case youre a weedy snowflake"This film may contain scenes of gore,or be of a sexual nature"No shit Sherlock.There was me thinking it was the sequel to "The Wind in the Willows"!

"P.C" armed forces adverts.

Those infuriating adverts on TV for the forces,that show just about every possible type of person in the military EXCEPT a white male.You can be a Muslim woman,in a burka,and command a warship.You can be a chinese midget and fly a fighter jet,or a Rastaman and drive a tank..ad nauseum...all fine (?),but surely white men are entitled to serve?After all they are at least 48% of the population allowing for sex and ethnicity.Or the one in which a squad of infantry all halt their patrol,and cover fire for a Muslim guy so he can say his fkn prayers?Way to get 10 men killed British Army!

In fact,it emerged that serving personnel criticising these ridiculous ads on social media were being disciplined....if WW2 were today,we wouldnt stand a chance.

Stupid,absolutely stupid.

Guest UnabashedUser
4 hours ago, fannywatcher said:

"P.C" armed forces adverts.

Those infuriating adverts on TV for the forces,that show just about every possible type of person in the military EXCEPT a white male.You can be a Muslim woman,in a burka,and command a warship.You can be a chinese midget and fly a fighter jet,or a Rastaman and drive a tank..ad nauseum...all fine (?),but surely white men are entitled to serve?After all they are at least 48% of the population allowing for sex and ethnicity.Or the one in which a squad of infantry all halt their patrol,and cover fire for a Muslim guy so he can say his fkn prayers?Way to get 10 men killed British Army!

In fact,it emerged that serving personnel criticising these ridiculous ads on social media were being disciplined....if WW2 were today,we wouldnt stand a chance.

Stupid,absolutely stupid.

Brother I am in complete agreement with everything you've said here.

Cheers buddy..It just makes you despair,the forces are ultimately for destroying your enemies,NOT a means of showing how "progressive" you are.Ive seen Russian recruitment films,they show troops firing RPGs,driving tanks,jumping out of aircraft etc...Wow,i thought,id rather join the Russian army!

You can imagine the Russian or Chinese intelligence service upon seeing these recruitment ads,wetting themselves(hmmm,if female),thinking,we can take Britain,load of pussies.

A nations forces represent your country more than anything else.How must we look?

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:00 AM, owlman76 said:

4 Thick lazy youngsters who feel the need to ask you stupid questions" who was JFK?", you have a mobile with internet, ask Google!

Lol, that reminds me of a survey of youngsters' historical knowledge in the UK a few years back. 

When asked who Adolf Hitler was, the most popular answer was "the German soccer coach". 

A rather large number also thought Ronald Macdonald was the US President.

• Haha 2

My pet hates?

Selfish older drivers with all the time in the world who potter along at 35mph on a perfectly straight bit of road with a 60mph limit, an ever larger mobile tailback behind them, and never once think of pulling in to let people pass.

Traffic lights that remain red even though there is fuck all coming the other way so stop you for no reason until - finally - someone comes the other way. At which point having been green for their direction all that time, they change to red just in time to stop them to finally let you go.

Cyclists who insist on cycling up steep hills in the road at little more than walking speed, when there is am empty pavement they could be on, thereby forcing cars to follow them at a crawl when there is no room to overtake. 

Speed cameras.

People at supermarket checkouts who endlessly and needlessly fart about. If farting about were an olympic sport, I regularly see gold medal contenders.

Unnecessarily rude people.

Soap operas.

The Daily Mail

Foreign call centres

Cold callers and sales calls.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Self service machines in supermarkets.

……….

Am sure more will occur to me in due course.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 8/26/2018 at 5:30 AM, steve25805 said:

My pet hates?

Selfish older drivers with all the time in the world who potter along at 35mph on a perfectly straight bit of road with a 60mph limit, an ever larger mobile tailback behind them, and never once think of pulling in to let people pass.

Traffic lights that remain red even though there is fuck all coming the other way so stop you for no reason until - finally - someone comes the other way. At which point having been green for their direction all that time, they change to red just in time to stop them to finally let you go.

Cyclists who insist on cycling up steep hills in the road at little more than walking speed, when there is am empty pavement they could be on, thereby forcing cars to follow them at a crawl when there is no room to overtake. 

Speed cameras.

People at supermarket checkouts who endlessly and needlessly fart about. If farting about were an olympic sport, I regularly see gold medal contenders.

Unnecessarily rude people.

Soap operas.

The Daily Mail

Foreign call centres

Cold callers and sales calls.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Self service machines in supermarkets.

……….

Am sure more will occur to me in due course.

I agree with about 90% of those.

9 hours ago, spywareonya said:

I did not know this side of you...

I worry for the future of my country and thus civilisation when our capacity for defence is crippled by right on progressiveness.Because our likely foes,if at all,will not have the same attitudes to its forces.Their troops will be real men,trained to fight and kill,not trained to accept diversity.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, fannywatcher said:

I worry for the future of my country and thus civilisation when our capacity for defence is crippled by right on progressiveness.Because our likely foes,if at all,will not have the same attitudes to its forces.Their troops will be real men,trained to fight and kill,not trained to accept diversity.

To be trained to kill is much more complicated than you may think

You cannot be simply "trained" to kill

The capability to do not hesitate and pull the trigger NOT by disassociating with the action but INDEED partecipating with all your soul to what you are doing, this requires moral strenght more than training.

A country happy for diversity and not under the iron boot of tyranny, has much to lose, and will fight like hell even if untrained. The Red Army was not that trained nor well-equipped until dear Tovarish Timofeevich built his trademark assault rifle, yet they kicked the Nazzz's asses proficiently

I see your point BUT I am less concerned  at the thought of that ruining the troop's manliness

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, fannywatcher said:

Public events that close down cities.

Carnivals,Marathons,cycle races.

Do it in a park!

Sometimes they got that subtle yet awful bossy spiritual arrogance like "It's important, so fuck off"

Which is spiritually rude

It's one of those cases where democracy reveals its inherent flaw as the power NOT of the people but of simply its most numerous portion, which not Always is the best one

As Churchill said, "Democracy is the worst form of government, but I never heard of a better one"

• Like 2
  • Love 1