Some recent City Nightlife sightings

• 2 weeks later...

Great report. I used to manage to spot quite a few in my local city of Sheffield but the last few time I went out I didn't see anything at all. There is a lot of cctv and plenty of bars in the city centre so I assume women are being a bit more careful these days sadly.

11 hours ago, JesseP said:

Great report. I used to manage to spot quite a few in my local city of Sheffield but the last few time I went out I didn't see anything at all. There is a lot of cctv and plenty of bars in the city centre so I assume women are being a bit more careful these days sadly.

Definitely seems like women are being a bit more careful.  The rise in CCTV and the more flexible opening hours of late bars has taken away a lot of the nightclub queues and spread out people's drinking and going home times, which unfortunately means that it is easier for people to find a bar for a toilet.  It was far better when all the pubs chucked out at 11pm.  Sightings around 11pm to midnight were quite commone then.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Definitely seems like women are being a bit more careful.  The rise in CCTV and the more flexible opening hours of late bars has taken away a lot of the nightclub queues and spread out people's drinking and going home times, which unfortunately means that it is easier for people to find a bar for a toilet.  It was far better when all the pubs chucked out at 11pm.  Sightings around 11pm to midnight were quite commone then.

I thought the same, it was always fun to walk the side streets between the bars and night clubs after the pubs chucked out but I find it rare to get any sightings at all these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

.      I live in Scotland near a large city.I have seen a few sights over the years.Mainly at weekends and at night.In alleys,car parks,in parks and even behind statues on a Main Street.My most memorable one was late at night as I walked towards a tunnel which runs underneath the biggest street in the city.As i looked there was a girl with her jeans and knickers round her ankles squatting.I got brave and walked right past her.She carried on and just said "I'm peeing" As I looked back I got a wonderful sideways view with a visible stream.Very memorable.There have been others.Hope you liked this one.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Local Constabulary has cracked down on this lately, maybe a prelude to summer, but people are being busted $500 per offense. If you arc up and get in their faces over it, you are then charged with a public nuisance offense instead. 

What are the charges like in the rest of the world?

On 12/1/2016 at 11:05 PM, Scot_Lover said:

Local Constabulary has cracked down on this lately, maybe a prelude to summer, but people are being busted $500 per offense. If you arc up and get in their faces over it, you are then charged with a public nuisance offense instead. 

What are the charges like in the rest of the world?

In the UK cities that I've experienced, then, there are potentially three options -

1) A fine of around £80.

2) The police give you a mop and bucket to clean up and a good talking to, hoping that it will embarrass you into not doing it again.

3) The police ignore it altogether as there is too much else going on that is more important, for them to address - e.g. fights, public order etc.

In my experience, I have seen people (male and female) pee in full view of the police and nothing has been done.  I've also regularly seen people dipping into alleys etc, whilst police are around and it is obvious what they are going to do, but the police didn't bother them.   In Newcastle recently, there were police very much in evidence, but there were blokes peeing without making much effort to hide.  In Bristol and Brighton there were very few police about, so you would be pretty unlucky if you were caught.

So my view is it is fine to pee outside, but just be sensible - there are plenty of chances of peeing where the police wouldn't see you.