Help needed.....idea for a new ongoing thread

Pete2304

Last few weeks a few of you have been very kind to me with words of support and it's helped, I can assure you.

That got me me thinking last night though that actually there must be people here with a wide variety of talents and knowledge so figured maybe a new thread could be started that anyone can ask for a helping hand for anything at all. Be it someone having a rough time or someone who has a broken lawnmower or boiler, whatever it may be but if you don't know how to fix it, chances are out of all the members on here somebody probably would.

So if there's enough of a response and if mods agree I propose a new sticky thread in the off topic chat along the lines of "could do with a bit of advice"

I'm not much use with mending or building things but then again If somebody here was looking to get into a media career I would be happy to give some time to share what I know (and what I've done wrong along the way).

I've a fair few other skills that could be of use to people, I've a fair bit of legal knowledge when it comes to the right way to word a letter or email of significance and I know a fair amount about recruitment and how to give yourself a head start when it comes to job interviews because a horrible 12 months working in recruitment taught me a few tricks to get yourself in the door.

That person may in turn be able to tell me how to re wire a plug socket or put a flat pack table and chairs together because I haven't got a sodding clue!

There's been too much bickering on here lately so maybe might get us all chatting a bit more outside of the obvious common reason we all spend time on here, and maybe get to know people a bit better.

Pete

P.s I'm a miserable git by nature so I'm going out on a limb here to try and get the mood a little more positive!!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I have tried to think of something that needs fixing in my life, but right about now the only thing that needs fixing is my bank balance, lol

Mind you, I am 51 years old with few savings to speak of. If anyone can come up with a fail safe method of allowing me early retirement at 55, I'm all ears.

Thus far, I see only two possibilities.

Either...

1. Win the lottery jackpot

or

2. Rob a bank.

But such solutions are flawed. The first has massive odds against working out as intended, whilst the second is uncertain of success and fraught with what are likely to be highly unpleasant legal consequences. Mind you, failure would problably allow me to retire immediately at her majesty's pleasure. Don't think I'd be best pleased with the accommodation arrangements, though.

So - sadly - that probably leaves me slaving away until I am 67.