Peeing in the pool is worse than you thought...

Guest UnabashedUser

Guest UnabashedUser

Peeing in the pool is so much worse than you thought

http://nypost.com/2016/08/18/peeing-in-the-pool-is-so-much-worse-than-you-thought/

Public restrooms are disgusting, but peeing in the pool is even worse.

The American Chemical Society uploaded a video on their “Reactions” YouTube channel, detailing how peeing in a pool is anything but harmless.

Pools are treated with chemicals like chlorine to get rid of bacteria, such as Salmonella or E.Coli — but these disinfectants also interact with human sweat, dirt and (you guessed it) urine.

These interactions form some gross compounds called Disinfection Byproducts, or DBPs, and they’re pretty unhealthy.

For starters, that familiar “pool smell,” often attributed to chlorine, is actually the product of chlorine mixing with urea — a chemical found in urine.

This compound is called trichloramine, and it’s also why people sometimes experience burning or itchy eyes — or even asthma issues.

Pee makes up half of all the DBPs in pools, so you’re not the only one secretly relieving yourself in the shallow corner.

But for the sake of public health and your fellow swimmers, brave the public restroom and keep it out of the deep end.--End of story from NY Post --

• 4 months later...

Just found this, even though it was posted in August!

Here I'd say that "worse" is "better" in that peeing in a pool seems to potentially cause problems like burning eyes for some swimmers.  Part of the thrill for me is that others are unknowingly swimming in my urine (diluted of course) after I have peed in a pool, so knowing it could cause burning eyes for a few swimmers makes it feel even more naughty. 

Naughtiness is exciting I hope you'll agree...   

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I use to be a lifeguard in my late teens, there are other factors that can cause itchy eyes and smell. If i recall well, chloramines are particules that can be present in the air coming from the pool of course. At the time, we use to use liquid chlorine which does increase the chloramine particules. Eventually, they decided to change from liquid to a puck type which i don't recall the name. It was made of hypochlorine/calcium or something like that and a low or high pH can cause  eye, skin irritation. Lolol  it's been a while. I am suprised i remember all of this.

• Like 1
On 12/21/2016 at 1:57 PM, Maggie_555 said:

Just found this, even though it was posted in August!

Here I'd say that "worse" is "better" in that peeing in a pool seems to potentially cause problems like burning eyes for some swimmers.  Part of the thrill for me is that others are unknowingly swimming in my urine (diluted of course) after I have peed in a pool, so knowing it could cause burning eyes for a few swimmers makes it feel even more naughty. 

Naughtiness is exciting I hope you'll agree...   

I think everyone knows that peeing in the pool isn't good for the water. There's a lot of "it's okay, chlorine takes care of it" and "it's only a little pee, no one will know," but even if it's an all but invisible relief, there's no denying that it does change the contents of the pool. And once you have enough swimmers doing it, the water can get pretty messed up.

And enough swimmers do, in fact, do it. Swimmers pee. I think that should be a straightforward fact to accept by now.

The exact effects of a peed-in pool are twofold, both results of the urea reacting with the pool's chlorination. The first effect is that you get a lot of irritating chloramines in the water. The second is that you get less actual germ-killing chlorine in the water. The first is a bit irksome for your average swimmer (bloodshot eyes, irritated skin, possibly-unpleasant chemical pool smell), but the second can be actually dangerous for people who are vulnerable to getting sick. If your immune system isn't in a good place, and you get in a public swimming pool, you might end up in some serious trouble.

Does this stop people from peeing in the pool? Probably not. The most effective argument I've heard against pool peeing is the urine-detecting dye myth. And again, that's a myth. The actual truth isn't nearly persuasive enough.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Spectacle said:

I think everyone knows that peeing in the pool isn't good for the water. There's a lot of "it's okay, chlorine takes care of it" and "it's only a little pee, no one will know," but even if it's an all but invisible relief, there's no denying that it does change the contents of the pool. And once you have enough swimmers doing it, the water can get pretty messed up.

And enough swimmers do, in fact, do it. Swimmers pee. I think that should be a straightforward fact to accept by now.

The exact effects of a peed-in pool are twofold, both results of the urea reacting with the pool's chlorination. The first effect is that you get a lot of irritating chloramines in the water. The second is that you get less actual germ-killing chlorine in the water. The first is a bit irksome for your average swimmer (bloodshot eyes, irritated skin, possibly-unpleasant chemical pool smell), but the second can be actually dangerous for people who are vulnerable to getting sick. If your immune system isn't in a good place, and you get in a public swimming pool, you might end up in some serious trouble.

Does this stop people from peeing in the pool? Probably not. The most effective argument I've heard against pool peeing is the urine-detecting dye myth. And again, that's a myth. The actual truth isn't nearly persuasive enough.

Spectacle has described very well the effects of urine in the pool water and it is the thought of these potential effects (to other swimmers) which gives me an intense sexual thrill when I pee in a public pool.  I know it is naughty, and it shows a lack of concern for others, but the sexual thrill I get from polluting the water over-rides any other considerations.

I enjoy the expectation of getting into the pool with my bladder full, the moment when I'm actually peeing and can feel the warmth of urine as it flows out through my swimsuit, and especially afterwards when I can watch others swimming right where I just peed and they don't know!  I know it's naughty but I like that 'pool smell' as it gives proof that others are also using the pool as a toilet.  Must admit I also get a thrill from seeing a swimmer with bloodshot eyes as this is at least partly caused by my deliberate use of the pool as a toilet.

Anyone else feel this way?     

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I completely agree with Maggie!   I love peeing in pools, hot tubs, or any other body of water that is shared by others!   Really I think that the harmful effects of urine and chlorine combining are over rated. It would take vast amounts of urine to create a situation as harmful as they make it out to be! Really its just a bunch of non peers wanting the peers to stop using the pool for fun!   I love peeing in pools and I will never stop!   All this article does is make me want to piss in the water even more!  I'm heading to aqua fitness tonight, I think i'll try to go the whole day with out pissing so I can warm up the water and give a few swimmers red eyes!  I can't wait to release my aching bladder into the water as soon as I'm in.

• Like 2

Go Go Sara!  Holding for a long long time before a pool visit just has to be the best way to both warm up the water and give a few other swimmers red eyes. It feels so good to release your aching bladder as soon as you get in, then feeling the warmth of piss flowing out through your swimsuit to pollute the water all around you.  I love to do this and then see others (possibly non-peers who would hate the idea of this) swimming right where I've just peed.

Anyone else like to do this?    

• Like 2
  • Hot 2

Oh, now I feel a little bad for fannywatcher. I put up that message about the health consequences of peeing in pools, and it turns out that those are something that people like! And I have to count myself among them. @Maggie_555, you know exactly where I'm coming from on this. :15_yum:

But the moral concerns about contributing to a polluted swimming pool are a good opportunity to talk about some broader elements of naughty peeing, so I'll do just that. As I noted a while back in another thread on the topic, naughty peeing (at least from my point of view) always involves some degree of moral transgression. If someone's peeing on the ground out in the middle of the woods somewhere, that's not especially naughty, and therefore not especially attractive. Anyone can do that. But if someone's peeing on the floor in the middle of an indoor room, that's another matter. That creates a lasting mess, in a place where messes aren't supposed to go. And therein lies the attraction.

Now, the question is, how much is it acceptable to involve other people in this? Is it OK only to pee on things that belong to you? What about public spaces? Is exhibitionism a violation of other people's experiences, just by exposing them to something they don't want to see? And what if it's someplace that's already been peed in a lot, like a stairwell or some such thing? Does that make a difference?

Swimming pools are a unique situation for the purposes of peeing. They're unique in such a way that nothing else is even close to the experience they provide. Here's the deal: A whole bunch of people are immersed in one big pool of water. If any of them pee in it, they can do it right in plain sight of the others, and reliably get away with it because the water makes their urine stream effectively invisible. And once they do that, everyone's immersed in water that also contains a little bit of pee. It forces them all to be physically touched by the trace amounts of pee, even if they're not aware of it.

Where else but a pool can someone pee on someone else without the latter person even knowing? (And don't say the ocean. Depending on where you are, that might actually make the water a bit cleaner.)

But swimming pools are also unique in another way. They're a place where a whole lot of people already routinely pee without thinking anything of it. Everyone knows they're kinda not supposed to pee in the pool, but because it's so convenient and invisible, they do it anyway. It's the one time when people in general, who are otherwise not into pee stuff at all, will often engage in behavior that counts generally as 'naughty peeing'. And so people like myself, who are very much personally gratified by pee-related activities (and naughty ones especially), end up not doing something especially out of place, but simply thinking about and enjoying something that most people take for granted.

Oh, and also there are some health concerns with peeing in water that people are swimming in. But that's probably fine. Not to be overly cynical, but you can't expect better from a public pool in the first place. If you have a weak immune system, you'd be better-advised to stay out entirely. With that in mind, what harm can an extra bladderful or two do?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Spectacle said:

But swimming pools are also unique in another way. They're a place where a whole lot of people already routinely pee without thinking anything of it.

Very rare, but I think not unique. Another place is in a public shower, though I suspect that more people are likely to pee in an individual shower cubicle than in a multi-person shower.

26 minutes ago, uniloo said:

Very rare, but I think not unique. Another place is in a public shower, though I suspect that more people are likely to pee in an individual shower cubicle than in a multi-person shower.

It's possible, yeah. I think a whole lot of people pee in their own showers. Whether they pee in group showers is harder to say, though since it all gets whisked right down the drain, I'm not sure how much that really counts as naughty peeing from our perspective. I'm sure some people might find it a little gross, but some people are extremely squeamish about pee going anywhere besides right into a toilet.

No,i think while it may be natural to pee a little in the swimming pool,to get a kind of vicarious enjoyment from the fact you may be causing some harm,via increased chlorination is just wrong.I certainly wouldnt like to be in a pool where i thought people were just pissing freely in the water,no matter who.Unless i was at a pool party where that was an agreed activity among the guests thenthats fine,ive chosen too swim in pee,but not have it forced upon me unwittingly.

4 hours ago, Spectacle said:

Oh, now I feel a little bad for fannywatcher. I put up that message about the health consequences of peeing in pools, and it turns out that those are something that people like! And I have to count myself among them. @Maggie_555, you know exactly where I'm coming from on this. :15_yum:

But the moral concerns about contributing to a polluted swimming pool are a good opportunity to talk about some broader elements of naughty peeing, so I'll do just that. As I noted a while back in another thread on the topic, naughty peeing (at least from my point of view) always involves some degree of moral transgression. If someone's peeing on the ground out in the middle of the woods somewhere, that's not especially naughty, and therefore not especially attractive. Anyone can do that. But if someone's peeing on the floor in the middle of an indoor room, that's another matter. That creates a lasting mess, in a place where messes aren't supposed to go. And therein lies the attraction.

Now, the question is, how much is it acceptable to involve other people in this? Is it OK only to pee on things that belong to you? What about public spaces? Is exhibitionism a violation of other people's experiences, just by exposing them to something they don't want to see? And what if it's someplace that's already been peed in a lot, like a stairwell or some such thing? Does that make a difference?

Swimming pools are a unique situation for the purposes of peeing. They're unique in such a way that nothing else is even close to the experience they provide. Here's the deal: A whole bunch of people are immersed in one big pool of water. If any of them pee in it, they can do it right in plain sight of the others, and reliably get away with it because the water makes their urine stream effectively invisible. And once they do that, everyone's immersed in water that also contains a little bit of pee. It forces them all to be physically touched by the trace amounts of pee, even if they're not aware of it.

Where else but a pool can someone pee on someone else without the latter person even knowing? (And don't say the ocean. Depending on where you are, that might actually make the water a bit cleaner.)

But swimming pools are also unique in another way. They're a place where a whole lot of people already routinely pee without thinking anything of it. Everyone knows they're kinda not supposed to pee in the pool, but because it's so convenient and invisible, they do it anyway. It's the one time when people in general, who are otherwise not into pee stuff at all, will often engage in behavior that counts generally as 'naughty peeing'. And so people like myself, who are very much personally gratified by pee-related activities (and naughty ones especially), end up not doing something especially out of place, but simply thinking about and enjoying something that most people take for granted.

Oh, and also there are some health concerns with peeing in water that people are swimming in. But that's probably fine. Not to be overly cynical, but you can't expect better from a public pool in the first place. If you have a weak immune system, you'd be better-advised to stay out entirely. With that in mind, what harm can an extra bladderful or two do?

Oh yes, I know exactly where Spectacle is coming from on this! :10_wink:

He makes interesting comments about "naughty peeing" and I agree that for it to be considered truly "naughty" it must involve at least a potential risk of effect on others who won't enjoy it.  For instance peeing in an elevator may leave a puddle that others will possibly have to step in if they need to ride in there. Also after a few hours the elevator will probably begin to smell of stale urine, this being satisfying for the person who peed in it but not pleasant for riders.

As Spectacle has mentioned there is a difference with swimming pools as some people pee in them without considering it seriously "naughty".  My hubby was like this as he'd almost always pee in a toilet before getting into a pool, but once in he'd pee in the water without giving it a second thought if he needed to. (This was, of course, before I persuaded him to always get in with a full bladder for my enjoyment!)

So we have a contrast of attitudes between different groups of people who are essentially doing the same thing - peeing in swimming pools - with the main difference being that one group are getting a sexual thrill from doing it.  Of course the volume of urine will vary, with everyone who enjoys naughty peeing entering the pool with a full bladder and trying to pee as much as they can while in there.

I know some people don't like the idea of urine in the pool water but the fact is it's there.  Some of us get a thrill from using a swimming pool as a toilet, and to be honest this thrill is increased by the possible effects on others - such as a few swimmers with red stinging eyes.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, fannywatcher said:

So,if you worked in a coffee shop,if you peed in peoples coffee because it felt good,that would be ok would it?They might get some kind of disease from it,but as long as you got a buzz,thats ok?

I'm pretty sure there was a news story a while back about someone getting fired from their job for peeing in the coffee. Not in a coffee shop, but that's a pretty indisputably mean thing to do no matter what. As for how that compares to peeing in pools -- that's an interesting question.

When we're talking about naughty peeing, we're saying from the outset that it's not all morally clean. As in, that's the entire point of it. Now, of course, peeing directly into someone's beverage without them knowing is a lot more invasive and deliberate than doing it in a swimming pool, and that makes it a worse thing to do. But they both involve a certain lack of caring for other people's boundaries.

And when it comes to public swimming pools, it turns out that a whole lot of people aren't concerned about that boundary in that situation. In fact, so many people pee in pools without thinking anything of it, you can just assume that any public pool (whether it's an athletic pool, or a resort pool, or anything else) has some amount of pee in it. It's up to everyone where they want to draw the line for that, but we can't pretend that pool water is all good and clean. It simply isn't, not when people are swimming in it.

Now, how does this all relate to health? Well, anytime someone's health is affected by naughty peeing, that escalates how 'naughty' it is, by quite a lot. Even if it were 100% harmless to do, peeing in pools would still be a transgression because it forces people to swim in other people's urine without knowing. As it stands, peeing in pools makes the pool a less sanitary environment to be in, and that can affect swimmers a bit. I think everyone should be aware of those things when they're deciding whether or not to pee in a pool. But it's up to them to decide what to do from there. It's pretty much unenforceable anyway. If someone really wants to pee in there, they will.

The vast majority of pool pee-rs have no interest in pee as a fetish at all. They don't even do it for a buzz, they do it for convenience. They're willing to make other people swim in their (diluted) urine, for convenience. And that's just the normal standard. If that feels like a transgression to you, well... a lot of people evidently don't see it that way. The chemicals take care of it, ta-da, move on.

But I'd take the wager up another notch from that. For people who enjoy peeing in the pool, as a fetish, there generally is some awareness that it's a transgression. That's the whole point of naughty peeing. It's wrong to do, and that's what makes it so fun. So this public health issue of pee-related chemicals in pools is bad news for swimmers, but within a person's own acceptable limits, this fetish thrives on bad news. That's what makes it such a sneaky thrill!

11 hours ago, sara babe said:

I completely agree with Maggie!   I love peeing in pools, hot tubs, or any other body of water that is shared by others!   Really I think that the harmful effects of urine and chlorine combining are over rated. It would take vast amounts of urine to create a situation as harmful as they make it out to be! Really its just a bunch of non peers wanting the peers to stop using the pool for fun!   I love peeing in pools and I will never stop!   All this article does is make me want to piss in the water even more!  I'm heading to aqua fitness tonight, I think i'll try to go the whole day with out pissing so I can warm up the water and give a few swimmers red eyes!  I can't wait to release my aching bladder into the water as soon as I'm in.

I totally agree with both of you. Peeing in pools is quite common not just for those of us with some type of fetish, but for the general public, just out of convenience.Depending upon whom you believe, somewhere between 20% to 58% of swimmers do so and mothers and professional swimmers are more likely to do so. Urine is sterile and harmless, my husband loves for me to piss in his mouth and has drank it for years! Swimming in a pool full of urine would be harmless. The only reaction takes place between urine and certain chlorine based pool chemicals, so knowing that people do pee in pools, use a different type of disinfectant in the pools. Hydrogen peroxide, ultra violet lights, ect. are all better, but cost a bit more. Even still, unless you're in an indoor pool with poor ventilation, the effects of chlorine gas rising from the water are negligible and will be produced by reaction with body perspiration even if we don't pee in the water. Men have many other options, both physically and socially to using a restroom, but the options are limited for women. Don't get me wrong, I love peeing in pools, as it's one of the few places a woman can take a casual pee in the presence of other, in an inappropriate place and have it go unnoticed, but even if I didn't enjoy doing so, I'd still do so out of convenience. The boys at our pool don't inconvenience themselves to run out to the restrooms, they simply piss on the floor in the changing area, which is certainly more noticeable and disrespectful than us ladies reliving  ourselves in the pool..

4 hours ago, beachmom said:

I totally agree with both of you. Peeing in pools is quite common not just for those of us with some type of fetish, but for the general public, just out of convenience.Depending upon whom you believe, somewhere between 20% to 58% of swimmers do so and mothers and professional swimmers are more likely to do so. Urine is sterile and harmless, my husband loves for me to piss in his mouth and has drank it for years! Swimming in a pool full of urine would be harmless. The only reaction takes place between urine and certain chlorine based pool chemicals, so knowing that people do pee in pools, use a different type of disinfectant in the pools. Hydrogen peroxide, ultra violet lights, ect. are all better, but cost a bit more. Even still, unless you're in an indoor pool with poor ventilation, the effects of chlorine gas rising from the water are negligible and will be produced by reaction with body perspiration even if we don't pee in the water. Men have many other options, both physically and socially to using a restroom, but the options are limited for women. Don't get me wrong, I love peeing in pools, as it's one of the few places a woman can take a casual pee in the presence of other, in an inappropriate place and have it go unnoticed, but even if I didn't enjoy doing so, I'd still do so out of convenience. The boys at our pool don't inconvenience themselves to run out to the restrooms, they simply piss on the floor in the changing area, which is certainly more noticeable and disrespectful than us ladies reliving  ourselves in the pool..

Beachmom, I've always sympathized a lot with your point of view. It's true that boys are not only physiologically better-equipped to pee wherever they like, they're also generally expected to be less tidily-mannered about where they do it. As a male myself, I happen to have grown up in an environment where everyone in both sexes is very keen on putting on proper appearances, so no one ever really just pees on locker room floors. (I assume we all save it for the swimming pool instead!) But I've heard enough stories -- and seen enough photos/videos, thank you internet -- to know that my case isn't how it always goes.

It's hard to feel anything but sympathy at the idea that maybe someone would have to pee in the pool because there's simply no better choice available to them. In that case, the person's enjoyment of it, or indifference to it, is irrelevant. I suppose you could consider yourself lucky for enjoying peeing in the pool yourself! Otherwise, you'd be stuck doing something you're not even all that fond of.

And personally, I do think there is a huge thrill of pleasure to be had in peeing inside a swimming pool. We've been talking about the reasons why for that throughout this entire thread. It's such a delightfully controversial topic! While everyone's expressing their own perspectives, of course, most people are just still going and peeing in the pool without thinking anything of it. So we'd better not be in any illusions about the status quo.

• Like 1

If the people who run pools wanted to reduce the amount of peeing in them they could do more to encourage people to urinate before entering the water. The could, for example, make the layout such that in the same way as to get from the changing room to the pool you have to pass (or go through) the showers, you have to pass the urinals and toilet cubicles - not just the entrance to the room containing them - and put up signs, or have staff, asking people to use the facilities and not just walk past them.  Those who enjoying peeing in the pool would continue to do so, but those who just do it for convenience would start their swimming session with an empty bladder so would not pee so much, if at all, in the pool. 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, uniloo said:

If the people who run pools wanted to reduce the amount of peeing in them they could do more to encourage people to urinate before entering the water. The could, for example, make the layout such that in the same way as to get from the changing room to the pool you have to pass (or go through) the showers, you have to pass the urinals and toilet cubicles - not just the entrance to the room containing them - and put up signs, or have staff, asking people to use the facilities and not just walk past them.  Those who enjoying peeing in the pool would continue to do so, but those who just do it for convenience would start their swimming session with an empty bladder so would not pee so much, if at all, in the pool. 

This is an entirely sensible idea, and I'm going to have to look and see how the swimming pool locker rooms I visit actually compare to that. I think the one rule that I see the most often is that swimmers have to shower before they get in -- and that's definitely a very good idea, because residues on the skin can cause just as much trouble for water quality as urine can. Going by what I know about bladder stuff, it also helps when the pool water is heated, because then people don't get as much immersion diuresis. As far as I know, plenty of pools are.

Of course, all of this means that the minority who enjoy peeing in the pool can take credit for more of the pollution that's in the water. And at that point, doesn't everyone win?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, sara babe said:

What a great account of your sighting! It reminds me of how much of a thrill it was as a young girl to have a naughty pee in the pool with my mother. I do the same with with my daughters and neices and nephews. My oldest nephew is in his teens now but he still likes to pee with aunty Sara if we are swimming together! 

Last night at aqua fitness my friend and I both had huge pisses in the pool. As were were leaving the change room she said how badly she had to piss just as we had walked past the toilet area. She's not turned on by pissing like I am but she doesn't like to use the toilets at the pool because they are always a mess by the end of the day when we are there so she prefers the pool instead. It was 7 pm and she said she hadn't peed since lunch. I hadn't peed since 2 pm. We found a quiet corner in the pool but the water was shallow so we both sat with our legs out front and spread slight. Both our pees were yellow  and you could see clearly the streams passing through our bottoms.  We both peed steady for 45 seconds before finishing.  When we finished we  were both surrounded by a noticable yellow cloud which we sat in and enjoyed the warmth of for acouple minutes before we left to mix in slowly to the rest of the pool as we got up and left  to go join our aqua fitness class.  At one point I actually leaned back and dipped my hair into the piss filled water.  My friend thought that was pretty funny but than she did it too!  We're pretty silly together.  Before leaving the pool we had another piss at the bottom of the stairs as the women were coming for the next class.   It  was so hot seeing them pass through our piss!

That sounds like a whole lot of fun! In keeping with the overall topic of the thread, I suppose we should acknowledge that peeing in the pool right before the next class arrived -- especially with so much built up in your and your friend's bladders, and doubly with the pee so thickly yellow -- would convert just a little more of the pool's chlorination into irritating chemicals. Which, of course, everyone else would still have to swim in. One of the many things that make swimming pools so fun to pee in, I suppose. From the moment you have your release onward, your pee is staying in the pool. In fact, even as we're discussing this on the forum, it's still in there! It's just dispersed completely through the water by now.

Now, is it a problem to contaminate the pool like that when other people are about to use it? Eh. It doesn't really affect anybody anyway.

I always love hearing about what it looks like for people to get into a pool and quite simply use it as their toilet. It sounds incredibly rude, and like any sufficiently interested observer could tell what kind of mischief is going on, especially with such yellow clouds. But then, like like @d19841's situation, sometimes it doesn't seem to even really be a secret at all. People get into the water just to pee, other people are already swimming in the water, life goes on. And that's very, very hot.

Oh, and by the way, wash your hair. :15_yum:

• Like 1
On 12/29/2016 at 4:29 PM, fannywatcher said:

So,if you worked in a coffee shop,if you peed in peoples coffee because it felt good,that would be ok would it?They might get some kind of disease from it,but as long as you got a buzz,thats ok?

Not to be a dick, but there is a barista where I get my coffee, I'd be totally ok if she put a little pee in my coffee! 

But I understand your point. I try to avoid doing it in public pools, but private nes where I know it's ok, I pee away. 

• Like 2

I think that people are always going to be peeing in public pools. There no way to stop it. I don't feel like it comparable to peeing in coffee because it's much easier to keep people from peeing in the coffee pot than it is to keep them from peeing in pools. Some public pools have been peed in multiple times a day, day after day, week after week, month after month after month. I think of the pools down south where my friends and I have spent entire days in the pool drinking, partying and peeing in the water multiple times day after day. Who knows when the last one of those pools saw a complete water change. Some resorts might have 500 or 1000 people enjoying the pool area at one time and most of those people are drinking alcohol which mean the need to pee regularly. Most of the resorts I've been to only have one or two small bathrooms with 3 or 4 stalls at the pool area and the funny part is that most of the time the washrooms arnt even busy yet the pool area is packed.  Where could everyone be peeing?  Almost Everyone pees in the pool.  Infact, anyone I've vacationed with have always relieved them selves in the pool!  Therefore, why not pee in the pool as well?  Most of the people that are peeing in the pool don't even get enjoyment out of it, they just do it out of lazyness.  Well for those of us that actually enjoy it, why hold back and let people without pee fetishes have all the fun?  I you don't pee the next person will so I encourage you all to join in and help warm up the pool!

• Like 2

My sister in law is really funny when we vacation together. The only place that she will pee in the pool is around the swim up bar. She says she feels guilty peeing anywhere else in to pool but she will pee at thee swim up bar cause lots of other people are peeing there throughout the day. Everytime she needs two pee she will go up to the swim up bar and order a drink or two. Than she stands there and pisses in the water while the bar tender makes her drinks. Half the time she doesn't drink the drinks she gets. She could have four perfect drinks infront of her but she will still go order another when she's ready to pee. I just get a kick out of her justification that she won't pee throughout most of the pool because it's bad however she will pee at the swim up bar because she knows that others pee there so in her mind that makes it ok. I on the other hand will pee anywhere in the pool without giving it a second thought.  Some times I will join her at the swim up bar to pee and grab a drink but usually I just let it rip where eveer I am  

• Like 3