Sad News about Kevin I'm afraid..... From Wetman

wetmanjf

I am very sad to report that Kevin has Passed away. :frown: Having done some checking online and after speaking with people who knew Kevin very well it has been confirmed that he has died. I know he will be greatly missed here. Please keep his family and friends in your prayers.

Wetman

Edited by Guest

Both Kevin and I went a long time using the default male avatar.

I think that he picked his avatar after we had had a discussion on aviation.

I would not necessarily claim that this led to his choice, but it may have.

I picked mine about the same time.

[ATTACH=full]88258[/ATTACH] :coffee: :thumbsup: :coffee: :thumbsup: I know Kevin's use of smilies Amused us all. He will never be forgotten :angelic:

His avatar was of "Fifi", a restored WW II bomber. About a month ago it was at an airport near where I live. One of my BF's is a commercial pilot and he talked his way into going inside. I got to sit in the pilot's seat. I told Kevin about this and I'll never forget how excited he was. I'll miss him!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Kevin was one of our earliest and longest standing members, and a major contributor to this forum both in terms of his postings and his appearances in the chat room. And on a human level, he always seemed to have his heart in the right place and seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

I for one will miss him, and my thoughts are with his friends and family right now.

• Like 2
His avatar was of "Fifi", a restored WW II bomber. About a month ago it was at an airport near where I live. One of my BF's is a commercial pilot and he talked his way into going inside. I got to sit in the pilot's seat. I told Kevin about this and I'll never forget how excited he was. I'll miss him!

Yeah, he also shared my interest in World War 2 and I had several enjoyable chats with him about it. Sadly, I can have no more.

And he certainly knew his stuff when it came to aviation. He was the only person I have met on any forum to whom I could mention an ME262 or an FW190 with total confidence that not only would he know exactly what I was talking about, but be certain he'd know far more about them than I did!

I really will miss the guy.

Yeah, he also shared my interest in World War 2 and I had several enjoyable chats with him about it. Sadly, I can have no more.

And he certainly knew his stuff when it came to aviation. He was the only person I have met on any forum to whom I could mention an ME262 or an FW190 with total confidence that not only would he know exactly what I was talking about, but be certain he'd know far more about them than I did!

I really will miss the guy.

I can give you a run on WW2 fighters i reckon!

• Like 1

It is a horrible thing to lose someone you hold dear whether it's a friend you meet online or one you meet outside the digital world. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to know Kevin, but I knew of him. Every time I posted pictures he would always take the time to rate them, usually giving positive ratings. Although it might seem insignificant to some, his ratings made me feel like a member of the community and that my contributions mattered which made me happy. Now that he's gone, I feel a sort of emptiness inside that I am sure other members are feeling as well.

In life the only certainty is death. Although we have lost a valuable member of our community/family, his legacy will live on through those whose lives he touched. For all of us in this community/family he was a kindered spirit who was taken from us too soon. May his soul find eternal bliss and may he watch over us as we continue to keep the site he so clearly loved alive and thriving.

Rest in peace brother and may God watch over you always. Amen.

• Like 4
Guest UnabashedUser

I will miss his banter as well. He was always gracious with his replies to my postings and said kind things about my wife Bonnie. Fair winds and following seas, my brother.

OMG !! I am sad to hear this news. I was talking to him almost everyday.

I know he told me he wasn't feeling good at all and that he had many health issues.

So sad :frown:

EDIT: I just saw on his facebook, that he passed away on august 3rd.

Edited by Guest
  • 1 month later...