Slow response times

I have been noticing poor performance from the forum in the last few days.

Haven't had a stopwatch on it, but it seems like it is taking more than a minute to open a forum thread after I click on it. (Not always, just some of the time.)

I can use other websites without performance issues, so I don't think it's my own PC or connection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I must say that the new platform is even SLOWER than the previous one.  Even scrolling down a thread sticks and jams.

I have to say,  if I was a potential new member coming to the site for the first time,  a few minutes of this clunky performance would have made me go away and not come back.   We should not be waiting for fifteen to thirty seconds every time we click on something.

6 hours ago, likesToLick said:

I must say that the new platform is even SLOWER than the previous one.  Even scrolling down a thread sticks and jams.

I have to say,  if I was a potential new member coming to the site for the first time,  a few minutes of this clunky performance would have made me go away and not come back.   We should not be waiting for fifteen to thirty seconds every time we click on something.

I'm not having any issues and I have a seriously slow internet connection.

I haven't noticed any issues but I'll keep it in mind.  The server itself was upgraded during the upgrade so it's actually on faster hardware. That being said the upgrade process isn't 100% complete yet, I am waiting on support to fix a few things which may speed things up.