Serious punishment for a California voyeur

Yesterday, I heard on the radio that a 23 year old man from California was reported to the police for having a spy camera in a women's locker/bathroom by a pool.

He was arrested, and will have to post $170,000 bail to get out of jail.

Even if he posts bail, he would still need to go to trial in about four weeks

My thoughts turned to the thousands of voyeur videos in restrooms in Eastern Europe where the camera is spying through a peephole.

This is also prevalent in Japan, but those in Japan seem to all be staged. The ones in Eastern Europe seem to be true voyeurism.

I am guessing that the penalties in Eastern Europe must be far less substantial, otherwise, it is quite brazen and risky to post these videos all over the net.

Maybe in Eastern Europe this is considered as mischievous, but not criminal.

Obviously, it is foolish to be a voyeur in the US, but what are the penalties, if any, in the Eastern European countries?

Just had a quick look, 2 years jail, and depending on court, may have option of home imprisonment to community service orders.

No mention of fines, but could be applied. Penalties are more severe if the person being filmed is under 16. I assume this applies to anywhere a camera can be set up.

Police are looking for one in Sydney now, posted his picture on FB, apparently filming 13 year olds with a camera in his shoe. His antics were noticed and when challenged, ran off.