Panties or Knickers?

A rather odd conversation ensued at my workplace the other day, when a young female showed me a catalogue of undies, and some of us got round to talking about wearing 'big' knickers, as opposed to skimpy thongs, lace, cotton etc...then one of the young females said: 'God, you use the word knickers...it's a bit old fashioned..', To wish someone replied: 'Well to me 'panties' sounds a bit pervy, the sort of thing a bloke would say..'. Well, we went on with the topic for a while...so guys what's your take on it...? Panties or Knickers!?

Undie_Gap_001.jpg.a6ac5c837320b3708eb80ed383c8bb88.jpg

Undie_Gap_002.jpg.4819d60d7328dbf55a722014b5f22252.jpg

Undie_Gap_003.jpg.960da6105715b81c938634eae2022e9f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Hot 1

I think in the US its "panties".In UK probably "knickers".I prefer knickers myself...Its like "fanny" or "pussy".I prefer fanny,to pussy,but in US the "fanny" is the bottom!All very confusing....:confused:

• Like 2
A rather odd conversation ensued at my workplace the other day, when a young female showed me a catalogue of undies, and some of us got round to talking about wearing 'big' knickers, as opposed to skimpy thongs, lace, cotton etc...then one of the young females said: 'God, you use the word knickers...it's a bit old fashioned..', To wish someone replied: 'Well to me 'panties' sounds a bit pervy, the sort of thing a bloke would say..'. Well, we went on with the topic for a while...so guys what's your take on it...? Panties or Knickers!?

[ATTACH=full]30216[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]30217[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]30218[/ATTACH]

Hmmmm,Sally,was this just an excuse to post a few knicker stains pictures,you naughty girl?:laugh:

I will always will call them panties . As that's what's currently used in the U.S.A. . In describing women's underwear. Though those of you over in the U.K. from across the pond from us here in America . Like to use the term knickers to describe what women wear to hide their inner Beauty from being seen :wink:

Just that there are a few women who don't wear panties nor knickers. Which is great . When you can get a glimpse once in awhile in seeing what's underneath :wink: :wink:

Sally , what do you prefer calling them. Should you even wear them too ?

Kevin

Of course I wear them Kevin...god forbid that I go out without wearing any...especially in the winter.:wink: I have a dedicated 'knicker' draw, which has to be edited as they get worn out! I have a vast array...from skimpy thongs, to M&S to Victoria's Secret...and if I'm feeling really slutty and going to a sex party, I get all 'Ann Sumers'. Having said that, I have gone without in the Summer...can't wait! :wink:

• Like 3

I am from the UK and both myself and my wife use the word knickers. It always brings with it lots of great memories like "take your knickers off" and my favourite reply from her was be "why don't you take them off". Wonderful memories.

I call mens pants, so panties does seem strange. That's the English language for you and how meanings changes from different countries and different era's.

That leaves me with a final comment. Ladies get them knickers off :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Knickers is the usual term for me, pants is as less sexy term but seems to have fallen out of fashion in the UK, possibly as pants is also a term for trousers.

Egwalrus, you are just scratching the surface

USA Hood UK Bonnet

USA Trunk UK Boot

To be even more colloquial what do you call the food you take to work?

North East is called "bait"

Yorkshire (where I live) is called "snap"

South (where I used to live) is called "lunch"

I could go on but I need a piss so nipping down a ginnel and hope no one sees me. (Until I moved up here I had never heard of a ginnel and I am still not certain how you differentiate a ginnel from a snicket) (USA alleyway)

This is just a small fraction of the differences

U.S.A. "pissed" = angry, e.g. "I was really pissed when my car was stolen",

Australia "pissed" = drunk, e.g. "They sat drinking at the bar until they were totally pissed."

Not sure about UK.

Kelly Girl 59 ,

Really nice style of panties you like to wear :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A very good choice . I like looking at them :wink:

Thanks , in sharing

Kevin

Vanity Fair makes some really great panties. They fit well wear a long time. In my younger days before kids I wore bikini style panties

These are Vanity Fair Lace Neuveau Brief style Just love to wear them

602956_Star_White.jpeg.390c7aa6b1cbf59285548b3e25d2f385.jpeg

U.S.A. "pissed" = angry, e.g. "I was really pissed when my car was stolen",

Australia "pissed" = drunk, e.g. "They sat drinking at the bar until they were totally pissed."

Not sure about UK.

UK uses same usage as Australia, though there are a LOT of people in the UK starting to use the American usage.... so it is super confusing.

I alternate between using knickers or panties. Just depends how I feel :D

• 2 months later...

Yes I did at one time. I had contacted them about their excellent panties. They asked if I would pose for them. My husband was there and he took the photo. The video was done at the same time.

I was paid for it too.

I wear only Vanity Fair panties

• 3 weeks later...

[ATTACH=full]30216[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]30217[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]30218[/ATTACH]

I love ❤ knickers and I also like panties, but if I had to choose I would pick Knickers (and pull them down, if I get the chance )

• 3 years later...

i call them panties or undies. although, to me undies seems more juvenile- maybe because it’s kinda nuetral and seems more appropriate when refering to childrens undergarments (?). also, panties is the prevaliling coloquial in my part of the world for womens underwear. what i find interesting is that men here often seem to refer to their underwear by it’s type: boxers, boxer briefs, tighty-whities, etc., where as women usually use the generic. 

also, speaking of differences between the UK and US, i’ve read that what we hear now as the prevailing “British” accent is actually rather new, and that the “American” accent is likely more similar to the “Queen’s English” from the 1700’s. 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...