I have three adorable therapy baby dolls. :)

(warning sensitive topic)

Last year i bought two adorable baby dolls from the toy store and they have really been life changing for me. Me and hubby a few years ago decided on not having kids/nor adoption. and i felt..incomplete..like something was missing. Having these dolls (just got a 3rd one a few days ago. final one most likely) Caring for them. holding them. really helps fill that void of my motherly instincts. My mom adores the dolls. She knows they make me happy. My hubby is understanding of them. I don't really take them out in public with me unless for a car ride. I have adorable baby clothes for them. I no longer get upset over seeing real babies. nor do i say every few weeks 'i wish i had a baby' 

This has helped me so much and i love them. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

(warning sensitive topic)

Last year i bought two adorable baby dolls from the toy store and they have really been life changing for me. Me and hubby a few years ago decided on not having kids/nor adoption. and i felt..incomplete..like something was missing. Having these dolls (just got a 3rd one a few days ago. final one most likely) Caring for them. holding them. really helps fill that void of my motherly instincts. My mom adores the dolls. She knows they make me happy. My hubby is understanding of them. I don't really take them out in public with me unless for a car ride. I have adorable baby clothes for them. I no longer get upset over seeing real babies. nor do i say every few weeks 'i wish i had a baby' 

This has helped me so much and i love them. 

nobody unless a woman without childred can understand the subtleness of these things

or better said, if someone exists that could while being not a woman without children, are people on this forum

utter respect for you Alice

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

two of the dolls use the same baby doll crib that i've had since i was 4 years old. My grandpa put it together for me. 80's kid toy being put to good use. So glad i kept it. The nice thing about baby dolls..is if i'm not feeling well enough to care for them one day, i feel okay knowing that they stay in the crib all day. Couldn't do that with a real baby. 

• Agree 2
7 minutes ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

two of the dolls use the same baby doll crib that i've had since i was 4 years old. My grandpa put it together for me. 80's kid toy being put to good use. So glad i kept it. The nice thing about baby dolls..is if i'm not feeling well enough to care for them one day, i feel okay knowing that they stay in the crib all day. Couldn't do that with a real baby. 

they help you know yourself, respectfully of your limits (everybody has their own)

• Like 1
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:29 PM, Blackinksoul30 said:

Left to right

Alice, Jack and Emily. 🙂 

my kids .jpg

holy shit this is intimate

I would have not had the guts to post it, thank you...

• Agree 3
  • 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

I wanted to post an update. I just celebrated 1 of the baby dolls first birthday.  And i am getting a toddler doll for Christmas this year. I can not wait. She'll be my one and only toddler doll. 

She?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

Yes i am getting a girl toddler doll for Christmas. 🙂 I've already seen what she looks like since my hubby ordered her for me.

Dunno why I expected a boy

Maybe I projected something onto the tought of a person that age

Unconscious is quite… unconscious!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...