Sharing Bathrooms Suck!

First, i want to say hi to everybody, I know it's been a while since my new position, I don't have as much time to come on since my responsibilities at work has increased.

I am not sure how to categorize this one and it's Friday night and I am on red wine here :-))))))

At my work, we have problems with our drains being clogged up causing bad odors and not so happy colors coming up in the sink and for a reason they decided to renovate the entire women's bathroom.. wooohoooo  The down side to that is we have to share the washroom on the men's side as mix for about 2-3 weeks which they started yesterday. There is 4 and only 4 toilets and 8 urinals, I know what some of you might be thinking right now but there is no way in hell I am peeing in a urinal with men around!!  So we have a small line up and when my turn came up, it was embarrassing, like I try not to be loud and the stream decides, i'm in control so I force a little to get the stream and it got noisy!  I am walking out of the stall, looking straight at the mirror, wash my hands walk away without looking at anybody. Plus the symphony of sounds, OMG, what the hell guys !!,   To a point someone on my team thought she heard a guy masturbating LOLOLO     Even the women pee, you will get one with a tiny tinkle and then this loud blast and then I join in. This is going to be a long 2-3 weeks and i decided to use my ear buds in my phone and play some music so that I can just shut the world out in the men's bathroom and avoid the stairs with smiles. Today was the worst, like seriously, guess who was standing in the front of me? That guy Justin, the guy that cleans next to the women's bathroom often and seems to have this pee play. Well he must of been happy because the stall next to him turned vacant so I had to take it. I mean, why did he had to take a stall? did he really need a stall? Anyways, I am sure he must have been turned on to listen to me pee. Seriously, there are some women that complained about how uncomfortable it can be.

And how was everyone else week?  

• Like 1

Hi there. 

This is a little sad, with regard to the women's discomfort being in the mens room. I hoped that Canada was at a point where something like this wouldn't be such an issue for women. Is it due to simply being new and not used to it, or because you feel like an assault might happen? Or just not preferring a man to hear something that is usually only heard by other women? 

As far as the women's room being clogged, this is common. I experienced this at my old job and it happens once or twice a year at my current job. The culprit? Wait for it...tampons! Too many tampons being flushed is the issue. Women use a LOT of tissue as well, so those two things combined is what causes this. When I cleaned the women's, I used to find the feminine waste container only half full and used tampons floating in the toilet. 

But yes, Justin was most likely in heaven sitting there next you. He probably waited for you to leave so he could inspect the stall to see if you left him anything to lick.

Other than that, my week was just so so, nothing really keyboard worthy.

I'm really surprised your workplace has decided that men and women will have to share the men's toilets, and not surprised some women are complaining.  Is that the only available option?  Most office buildings have men's, women's and disabled toilets, so couldn't the disabled toilet become the disabled/women's toilet for the next couple of weeks?

Some guys are shy about using urinals anyway, so I can't see them getting much use in the next couple of weeks!  

Btw, can you get me a job at your workplace for the next couple of weeks, please??  Lol :)

Joking apart,im not in favour of mixed toilets either.I would prefer to do my business NOT in the presence of women.Theres a time and place for that.Im sure many women feel that way.

8 hours ago, Brutus said:

Hi there. 

This is a little sad, with regard to the women's discomfort being in the mens room. I hoped that Canada was at a point where something like this wouldn't be such an issue for women. Is it due to simply being new and not used to it, or because you feel like an assault might happen? Or just not preferring a man to hear something that is usually only heard by other women? 

As far as the women's room being clogged, this is common. I experienced this at my old job and it happens once or twice a year at my current job. The culprit? Wait for it...tampons! Too many tampons being flushed is the issue. Women use a LOT of tissue as well, so those two things combined is what causes this. When I cleaned the women's, I used to find the feminine waste container only half full and used tampons floating in the toilet. 

But yes, Justin was most likely in heaven sitting there next you. He probably waited for you to leave so he could inspect the stall to see if you left him anything to lick.

Other than that, my week was just so so, nothing really keyboard worthy.

Personally, already sharing my sounds with other women at work, now the men are on this too. I just find it discomforting.

As for tampons, that is possible and I believe some don't care. It is not me as I purchased a diva cup for those monthly moments.

I don't think he did inspect, there were people in line waiting to use the facilities. But I also believe he must have been in heaven to have women on both sides peeing.

9 hours ago, UnauthorisedGuy said:

I'm really surprised your workplace has decided that men and women will have to share the men's toilets, and not surprised some women are complaining.  Is that the only available option?  Most office buildings have men's, women's and disabled toilets, so couldn't the disabled toilet become the disabled/women's toilet for the next couple of weeks?

Some guys are shy about using urinals anyway, so I can't see them getting much use in the next couple of weeks!  

Btw, can you get me a job at your workplace for the next couple of weeks, please??  Lol :)

This is true and there was a series of complaints. You see the building is old and was poorly designed from my understanding. There is a single one not far from my office which is located near the reception area. However, that one has a big lineup and knowing me, if the urge strikes, I need to go pee asap.

LOLOL  get you a job so you can time when I go so you can hear me pee. Hahaha  I am not sure they are hiring at this present moment but I will let you know LOL

5 hours ago, fannywatcher said:

Joking apart,im not in favour of mixed toilets either.I would prefer to do my business NOT in the presence of women.Theres a time and place for that.Im sure many women feel that way.

I believe it works both ways, men must feel uncomfortable to do what they do while the presence of women around.

I have a question for the men, how far from the urinals do most of you pee? Because I have noticed some are almost glued to the urinal as some stand far from it which leaves no room for imagination. I have seen some wiggle it like a salt shaker  LOLOL

9 hours ago, Sephora said:

I have a question for the men, how far from the urinals do most of you pee? Because I have noticed some are almost glued to the urinal as some stand far from it which leaves no room for imagination. I have seen some wiggle it like a salt shaker  LOLOL

Ah, great question! Distance from urinal depends on a few things. 

First there's the partition wall to consider. If there is not one between each urinal, more men will stand closer to keep out of view. Next to consider is foreskin. If a guy is intact, there is greater chance of spray and missing the urinal, so a guy that is uncut may want to stand closer. Next is general comfort with having your dick out in the presence of other men. Some guys just aren't fond of it, no different than the discomfort you would feel if other women could just look over and see your bare ass hanging over the toilet. Lastly is his confidence regarding his size. If he is small, the last thing he wants is for anyone, even a male friend to know that nature fucked him over in that area. This awareness of our size happens in junior high school when puberty hits and sex is on our minds constantly. Guys that are hung generally are okay with other guys catching a peek at their dick because they know they have something to envy, so they tend to stand farther away, though not always. As I said, regardless of size, some guys just like privacy, plain and simple. 

Now that women are using the men's at your job, you will see a lot of guys glued to the urinal, afraid of women catching a glimpse and being unimpressed.

As for the wiggle, most of us do that, just to get the last drips out. We don't usually wipe with tissue so the wiggle is the best way to stop a cold trail of pee running down our leg.

Hmm, has anyone acted on your protests or complaints? I don't think this would be allowed here, regardless of circumstances, it just wouldn't be considered in the first place.

The only thing I can relate to is public toilets high on a mountain in our snow fields, There are 15 - 20 cubicles arranged in an arc backed into the mountain, all have locked doors, ladies and men both use these, you go in, remove all of your layers, and do your thing, then get dressed again and leave. These are quite large, considering, you need room to move about, but you can share them, as many people do. Safety? Mutual protection? Something more fun? My ladies didn't want to go in alone, they just shared.

Anyway, this works well enough, it's a little surprising to see men and women washing hands together when you enter, but you make a beeline to the next vacant and get on with it. Because of the way these things were built, every one of them shares a vent high up on the wall, you can hear everything that happens on each side of you, and the couple of times I used it, there was some muttering about the various smells, and lots of girlie giggling from the other, from what I gathered, one was showing the other one how to 'hover'. I'm not sure if people like this, it's sprung on you as you enter the toilet block, but when you have to go, you have to go. There are multiple language signs all along the hiking track, with stern warnings on not to pollute the environment, with a $500 penalty if you are caught, would one outweigh the other?

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:13 PM, Sephora said:

As Brutus says, some guys do stand closer to keep out of view, but that doesn't really work.  Hopefully, this isn't too much information, but another factor is the annoying problem of splashback.  Urinals vary in shape, but standing close and peeing to the side, rather than directly at the drain, can minimise the problem.  

• Like 2

You had better all avoid France and Belgium.  Shared all cubicle toilets are not unusual there.  I know a café-bar in Bruges where the toilet has a urinal on the left as you go in and (I think) two cubicles.  So I have been standing peeing at the urinal with a queue of women standing about a metre behind me.

• Like 3
On 3/10/2018 at 2:24 PM, Brutus said:

Ah, great question! Distance from urinal depends on a few things. 

First there's the partition wall to consider. If there is not one between each urinal, more men will stand closer to keep out of view. Next to consider is foreskin. If a guy is intact, there is greater chance of spray and missing the urinal, so a guy that is uncut may want to stand closer. Next is general comfort with having your dick out in the presence of other men. Some guys just aren't fond of it, no different than the discomfort you would feel if other women could just look over and see your bare ass hanging over the toilet. Lastly is his confidence regarding his size. If he is small, the last thing he wants is for anyone, even a male friend to know that nature fucked him over in that area. This awareness of our size happens in junior high school when puberty hits and sex is on our minds constantly. Guys that are hung generally are okay with other guys catching a peek at their dick because they know they have something to envy, so they tend to stand farther away, though not always. As I said, regardless of size, some guys just like privacy, plain and simple. 

Now that women are using the men's at your job, you will see a lot of guys glued to the urinal, afraid of women catching a glimpse and being unimpressed.

As for the wiggle, most of us do that, just to get the last drips out. We don't usually wipe with tissue so the wiggle is the best way to stop a cold trail of pee running down our leg.

I long does a guy wiggles it for LOLOL    Thank you for that information Brutus

On 3/10/2018 at 5:56 PM, Scot_Lover said:

Hmm, has anyone acted on your protests or complaints? I don't think this would be allowed here, regardless of circumstances, it just wouldn't be considered in the first place.

The only thing I can relate to is public toilets high on a mountain in our snow fields, There are 15 - 20 cubicles arranged in an arc backed into the mountain, all have locked doors, ladies and men both use these, you go in, remove all of your layers, and do your thing, then get dressed again and leave. These are quite large, considering, you need room to move about, but you can share them, as many people do. Safety? Mutual protection? Something more fun? My ladies didn't want to go in alone, they just shared.

Anyway, this works well enough, it's a little surprising to see men and women washing hands together when you enter, but you make a beeline to the next vacant and get on with it. Because of the way these things were built, every one of them shares a vent high up on the wall, you can hear everything that happens on each side of you, and the couple of times I used it, there was some muttering about the various smells, and lots of girlie giggling from the other, from what I gathered, one was showing the other one how to 'hover'. I'm not sure if people like this, it's sprung on you as you enter the toilet block, but when you have to go, you have to go. There are multiple language signs all along the hiking track, with stern warnings on not to pollute the environment, with a $500 penalty if you are caught, would one outweigh the other?

We should know more today about this today, hoping they can fix this better.

Sorry to hear that you have been put in an uncomfortable position @Sephora.   It must be a bit weird if the guys continue to use the urinals though.  I would have thought that they would have made it cubicles only for the duration of the dual use.   Are the urinals positioned such that you see them from the side or the back?  Are men effectively being exposed to the ladies in doing so?   I wouldn't mind that personally, but I can imagine a lot of men would be uncomfortable with it (but I guess they can still use a cubicle) and some women would be uncomfortable seeing the men at the urinals.   It must be particularly worse as you work with the people and so know them.

I have been to a customer site for work where there is a unisex toilet.  It has a large open area with sinks and then three cubicles, but no urinals.   Unfortunately I've only been there the once and no females came into the toilets whilst I was in there. 

7 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Sorry to hear that you have been put in an uncomfortable position @Sephora.   It must be a bit weird if the guys continue to use the urinals though.  I would have thought that they would have made it cubicles only for the duration of the dual use.   Are the urinals positioned such that you see them from the side or the back?  Are men effectively being exposed to the ladies in doing so?   I wouldn't mind that personally, but I can imagine a lot of men would be uncomfortable with it (but I guess they can still use a cubicle) and some women would be uncomfortable seeing the men at the urinals.   It must be particularly worse as you work with the people and so know them.

I have been to a customer site for work where there is a unisex toilet.  It has a large open area with sinks and then three cubicles, but no urinals.   Unfortunately I've only been there the once and no females came into the toilets whilst I was in there. 

They are back to the entrance, or shpuld i say to the lineup. A few guys have no shame, whipping it out as they are walking towards the urinal. 

It was brought to the attention to the vice president which she is doing something about it. To be continued..

And I thought I was being considerate using the urinal while allowing a woman to use the stall.

It's hard for a guy to know correct behavior these days. You're always bound to offend somebody.

Edited by glad1
  • Like 1
On 3/12/2018 at 2:22 PM, glad1 said:

And I thought I was being considerate using the urinal while allowing a woman to use the stall.

It's hard for a guy to know correct behavior these days. You're always bound to offend somebody.

People love to be offended in this age. It's almost a status symbol now.

On 3/12/2018 at 12:30 PM, Sephora said:

They are back to the entrance, or shpuld i say to the lineup. A few guys have no shame, whipping it out as they are walking towards the urinal. 

It was brought to the attention to the vice president which she is doing something about it. To be continued..

Wonder what her solution will be. I bet something along the lines of men have to leave when a woman enters or something of that nature! Keep us posted, I'm curious.

Finally back from a long week of work. Since there are more women working in the establishment, they asked the men to use the single toilets on the second part of the building which solved the problem. Of course there will always have unsatisfied people when there are changes.

That sounds a better solution.I would feel awkward using a toilet if a girl was in at the same time,because its not a sexual situation.It would be awkward if you were washing your hands and youd heard the girl doing a big splash,or i had made a big poo smell etc.