wetwulf    420
23 hours ago, Alfresco said:

More to follow shortly

Can't wait!

• Thanks 1

Raub75    4

In general I am not into historic stories. However, this one is excellent. Very well written. Can't wait! And what about Cindy's invitation?

• Thanks 1

Alfresco    1,040

Thanks for the comments so far.   The next instalment should be soon.  Just need to get the time at the computer.

walanuk    5
1 minute ago, holyknight3 said:

Loved the story, but why is it tagged pantomime? I think it's a cultural thing I'm not aware of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantomime ... of which Cinderella is a popular one... I think I may have even seen one called "Cindy Yella" but it wasn't as fun as this one :D

holyknight3    64

I figured it was something like that from context. I wasn't sure how they differed from ordinary fairy tales. 

This line from the wikipedia article sums it up.

"Pantomime has seldom been performed in the United States, although a few productions have been mounted in recent years. As a consequence, Americans commonly understand the word "pantomime" to refer to the art of mime as it was practiced, for example, by Marcel Marceau and Nola Rae.

When it said pantomime, I thought silent mimes. 

Alfresco    1,040

There are some typos in the above post, for which I apologise, but my ipad is not working correctly with editing and the cursor doesnt show in the right place when I try to edit it.  Sorry!

wetwulf    420
3 hours ago, Alfresco said:

There are some typos in the above post, for which I apologise, but my ipad is not working correctly with editing and the cursor doesnt show in the right place when I try to edit it.  Sorry!

No apologies necessary. That was the hottest chapter yet. Maybe Gertrude gets all the girls started on a bedwetting habit. Excited for more to come.

daemoniak    95

Oh that's an excellent spin!

The only criticism I have is that the "pure of heart" description by the godmother doesn't seem to match the vengeful behavior of Cindy; I think that since we are talking about fairies it would have been better to spin Cindy's behaviors as pranks, rather than revenge.

Alfresco    1,040
On 31/12/2017 at 10:52 AM, daemoniak said:

The only criticism I have is that the "pure of heart" description by the godmother doesn't seem to match the vengeful behavior of Cindy

You are probably right - maybe I should just have dropped the pure of heart reference.   I kind of wanted it to seem like she was an innocent girl who had peed outside previously due to convenience and taking it as a natural action, but whose step sisters led her astray by their actions prompting her to try them, getting a thrill from it and getting her own back for their mistreatment.

• Like 1