Hobbies or vacation fun?

Grizzly Man

Living life as much as I can. 

Hobbies are keeping up with technology, have half a dozen clients on a Microsoft Azure server, I buy a block of access then charge clients to keep back ups and databases running smoothly. My two ladies are also my hobby, keeping then both amused can be fun at times, we just had a week in a national park, never saw a soul. Some special things happened along the way, lol.

I build Gaming PC's and high end servers too, I don't need to do a lot, just enough to get by, I own everything I have, no mortgage, no credit cards, totally debt and stress free.

i also have 2 PS4's to help kill time, all the latest games, currently working through Destiny 2 and GT Sport (can't wait for the solo mode that's out in December)

Is this what you had in mind? 

• Love 1

I'm into hobbyist electronics. Circuit design, soldering etc that kinda stuff. I've always been a city girl but would love to be more outdoorsy. I've always wanted to go somewhere where it's just me.

I'm also a pianist :)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Sophie said:

I'm into hobbyist electronics. Circuit design, soldering etc that kinda stuff. I've always been a city girl but would love to be more outdoorsy. I've always wanted to go somewhere where it's just me.

I'm also a pianist :)

Nice, Sophie. Have you looked at Arduino or Rasberry Pi? You can make anything you can put your mind to. I built a Bluetooth player for the P.A. I have in the man cave, connect any Bluetooth device and have it pumping at over 1000 watts per channel.

I'm now looking at various other projects for the house, burglar alarms, remote door locks and a weather station. Interesting and fairly cheap, Mary is into it too.

4 minutes ago, Scot_Lover said:

Nice, Sophie. Have you looked at Arduino or Rasberry Pi? You can make anything you can put your mind to. I built a Bluetooth player for the P.A. I have in the man cave, connect any Bluetooth device and have it pumping at over 1000 watts per channel.

I'm now looking at various other projects for the house, burglar alarms, remote door locks and a weather station. Interesting and fairly cheap, Mary is into it too.

I have the original 512MB Pi, a Pi 2 and an Arduino Uno. Along with a handful of ATtiny85's. I also have a ESP8266 :D I like what you've done for the speaker!

I'm planning on making one of those smart mirrors at some point.

My neighbors don't, rofl.

The P.A I'm using used to be for a drummers feedback in a band. The whole thing ran 10,000 watts and was driven about on a semi trailer.  Basically an instant sound reinforcement package, a couple of us ran it quite a while ago, and it was declared just too loud, so we disassembled it and sold it all off.

I 

• 4 weeks later...

For killing time I play computer-games, mostly SciFi related stuff, but also stuff like Thief or Ethan Carter.

Another "hobby" of mine would be listening to audio books or plays, though I do this mostly at my job which is kind of... not very intellectually challenging.

Thats basically it... apart from the other "hobby" we all sort of share. ;)

• Like 1