Private messaging issue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2017-10-23 at 1:11 PM, Admin said:

Multiple members have mentioned that the textbox is not always appearing when trying to send a private message.

Who is experiencing this still?

Omg yes a few times in the past 2months

It continues to happen, both with real users with thousands of post, and with maybe-not-real-people who just sign and later disappear so it is not a matter of time spent here or something like that.

It seems to be utterly random but my view of life tells that randomness is just an illusion.

Last time, Yesterday, contacting a newbie

I believe in a bit of destiny and when something isn't unavailable for me, maybe it is not for me!!! Yet I would like to be free to decide who to PM without Chance deciding things for me:')

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

I believe in a bit of destiny and when something isn't unavailable for me, maybe it is not for me!!! Yet I would like to be free to decide who to PM without Chance deciding things for me:')

It's been working fine for me recently. But, I'm not much for chance, so when I last sent a PM out, I hope that more than luck is involved in it getting through.

• Agree 1
9 minutes ago, glad1 said:

It's been working fine for me recently. But, I'm not much for chance, so when I last sent a PM out, I hope that more than luck is involved in it getting through.

Well, you're wuite right, technology should simply "work"

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I discovered that (maybe this will help the Bossess understand what's going on) if you are contacted by people you CANNOT contact, then it works normally. The problem is about YOU writing for the FIRST time

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have been having the same problem.

Was unable to PM my fellow mod Sophie yesterday because the text box failed to appear. 

But I found that by accessing her profile and using the messaging option there, I was able to message her.

Only @Admin has the tech know how to sort this out.

Something weird is happening, this error doesn't look consistent, it happens in different ways.

On my iPad (Safari), when I use message on a members profile, the user name and subject will come up ok, then there is a 3 second pause before the message box appears.

The same process happens on the PC, but the text field does not appear (Edge, Opera or Firefox). The only problem with PC though is that somethimes it will work, and not others, just so inconsistent.

There are ways around it, but it's becoming a pain in the butt. I've sent this to Admin as well.