Hookup Culture

Brutus

Present day relationships aren't what they used to be. People cheat on each other so often these days that it has become pretty much expected. Social media, dating apps, hookup culture and decline in marriage rates have created out of control promiscuity among the younger generations in particular. Those who do marry very often get divorced before they are 30. Most of the women that have flirted with me did so while having boyfriends and had no idea why that was cause for concern for me, and I'm talking about grown women in their 20's. I don't like this throw-away attitude toward dating these days and I see it taking society down a dark path. 

Wondering if anyone agrees or not, or your experiences regarding this. Does anyone worry about the potential effects on society in the future? 

• Agree 1

Agreed.Im all for fidelity.Ok,a relationship might fall apart for various reasons,but i cannot abide the kind of people you get on these chat shows,that are just shagging anyone they see.If you have a partner,you should nurture them above all others.Otherwise,whats the point?