Tried to write a joke...

hentaixt

A boar, a javelina, and a hog walk into a bar.

The boar orders a scotch on the rocks, the javelina orders a martini with an olive on a toothpick, and the hog orders a Bloody Mary with a straw.

When the tab arrives, they all reply they have no money.

The bartender opens the door to the backroom and says, "Guess the pigs will have to blow the wolf to pay the house this time."

Open to opinions on improvements.

1 hour ago, fannywatcher said:

Oh.Still dont quite get the joke....

A reference to the Three Little Pigs story (boar, javelin and hog are all in the porcine family). Instead of the wolf (in this case, the bartender) blowing down their house, it's now the other way. 

all of the animals mentioned are a kind of pig or hog, including javelina. As @glad1 said, the twist at the end about the pigs blowing the wolf is a tribute to the 'Three Little Pigs' story about the wolf when he says "I'll huff and puff and BLOW your house down" or whatever. So the joke is that the pigs are now doing the blowing. 

I like the joke. But a joke is only effective if people get it. I only got it because I know the story referenced and know what a boar is, had to google javelina. Jokes that rely on folklore are tough because many people won't be familiar with the material, same goes for less common words like javelina. My 2 cents!

Good joke though. 

9 hours ago, hentaixt said:

Well, I said it needs work. I have had people ask me about the javelina too. I figured the three little pigs was mostly universal, there are still some that don't know the classic classics...

Haha, never underestimate how much stuff people don't know, especially the younger generation that grew up with social media.