Very British Problems...

Admin

On 02/09/2017 at 6:20 PM, steve25805 said:

The way we still go on about the war.

Just for personal amusement, the other day in work I greeted one older customer with "Guten Morgen, Mein Herr!"

The response went something like this......."Don't give me any of that bloody nonsense! I remember that bloody shower in the war......." Cue five minute rant about how he never buys German cars, etc. 

If a German had actually heard all this, he'd have been most bemused, probably.

And every time England plays Germany in a game of football.....the tabloids seem to react as if it is a re-run of World War 2, hahaha.

The amount of baby boomers, born after WW2, who do this.

Edited by AshAce
3 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Do  they pretend not to notice or are they just so used to you doing it?  What was the reaction first time they realised? Were they a bit shocked or intrigued or impressed?

They never notice I guess because they are too polite to look. They know of course that I do it and just think it is funny - I guess that is the British way. They were all a little shocked at first i think, but fully accepting right from the start as soon as they knew.

PP

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 7 months later...
On 3/19/2018 at 7:09 AM, Paulypeeps said:

They never notice I guess because they are too polite to look. They know of course that I do it and just think it is funny - I guess that is the British way. They were all a little shocked at first i think, but fully accepting right from the start as soon as they knew.

PP

I so want to go on a pub crawl with you, Pauly.  It would be the wettest crawl in history ...lmao 😈😈😈