Very British Problems...

Admin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A very British problem - Never being satisfied by the weather and having an irresistible urge to moan about it, even to absolute strangers.

"It's too hot isn't it?"..........NO IT FUCKING ISN'T! Try living in Riyadh or Mumbai!

"It's too cold.".........NO IT FUCKING ISN'T! Anyone from Alaska or Siberia would laugh at us!

"It's too wet"........NO IT FUCKING ISN'T! Ever heard of the rain forest? It's called the RAIN forest for a reason!

"It's too windy"......NO IT FUCKING ISN'T! Having your car picked up and thrown 100 yards by the same fucking tornado that has turned your house into rubble within seconds......well THAT'S windy. In comparison, getting your hat blown off or your umbrella blown inside out just doesn't cut it.

The slightest physical contact in the street and we instantly apologise, regardless of whose fault it was.

If we are not spending all our time moaning about the weather, we are spending it apologising to each other.

The way we still go on about the war.

Just for personal amusement, the other day in work I greeted one older customer with "Guten Morgen, Mein Herr!"

The response went something like this......."Don't give me any of that bloody nonsense! I remember that bloody shower in the war......." Cue five minute rant about how he never buys German cars, etc. 

If a German had actually heard all this, he'd have been most bemused, probably.

And every time England plays Germany in a game of football.....the tabloids seem to react as if it is a re-run of World War 2, hahaha.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2017 at 10:29 AM, owlman76 said:

What annoys me about this country is the stupid governments who won't face up to the reality that we are finished!

We give loads of money in aid to foreign countries, quite a few of whom don't need it, take India for example, they have a space programme, yet we still give them aid, if they can afford a space programme they don't need our money. Also how can we give millions to other countries when we have our own people homeless and relying on food banks?

But what really boils my piss is the way we get involved in stupid wars, that have sod all to do with us! Going back many years, when we were one of the worlds leading players, any trouble anywhere and it was a case of "tally ho chaps, here come the brits, we'll sort it all out". Usually we left the place in a worse state when we left, but hey ho, back in the days when we ruled half of the world, that was how it went.

Now our government still has that mentality, even though we can't afford it, and we have less military capability than we ever did, they still insist on dragging us into almost every conflict wherever it happens, I wish they'd wake up, grow up, and realise we are not who we once were.

I hate the way in which certain TV shows become like the kind of "bread and circuses" of the masses,like all the soaps,strictly come dancing,in which characters from the show,somehow get into some of the papers.Even on BBC news programmes.Soaps now seem to be the litmus paper of culture.They now promote "social issues" instead of being everyday tales of life,each episode now seems to promote gay rights,refugee problems.Things that most people in working life dont really think about.

• Agree 1
On 9/2/2017 at 6:20 PM, steve25805 said:

The way we still go on about the war.

Just for personal amusement, the other day in work I greeted one older customer with "Guten Morgen, Mein Herr!"

The response went something like this......."Don't give me any of that bloody nonsense! I remember that bloody shower in the war......." Cue five minute rant about how he never buys German cars, etc. 

If a German had actually heard all this, he'd have been most bemused, probably.

And every time England plays Germany in a game of football.....the tabloids seem to react as if it is a re-run of World War 2, hahaha.

But we like offending our old foes.Which really inclides just about every European country we have battled,and won,many times over the years..Spain,France,Italy,Germany-obviously.Why not enjoy a bit of triumphalism?

10 hours ago, Paulypeeps said:

Peeing on the carpet in the pub, and all your friends are too polite to notice...

Do  they pretend not to notice or are they just so used to you doing it?  What was the reaction first time they realised? Were they a bit shocked or intrigued or impressed?