Site Update

#1 - Design & layout

Probably the first thing you'll notice is the site looks different. This may still need some tweaks, so please feel free to point out which parts you do or don't like. Hopefully you'll see this as an improvement once you get used to it, but if you're really hating it, you can change to an alternate (blue) theme until other options are made available. However, the aim is to keep the site modern whilst easy to use, and hopefully you'll agree that has been accomplished, whilst making the design a little easier on the eyes. Minor design improvements such as default avatars now being different colours (and featuring the first letter of your username) have also been added, although I recommend uploading your own original avatar if possible.  

• Like 1

#2 - Upgraded software

This is something you won't really 'see', but I have invested in upgrading our forum software, which gives us some new options, as well as additional security measures to ensure PeeFans continues to run smoothly. An example of just one minor - but extremely useful - tweak, is the ability to use the same description when mass uploading on the gallery, thus making it far easier to appropriately label pictures. Many of these small improvements you will likely discover simply by browsing. 

• Like 2

#3 - Reactions

They're back! Sometimes you want to show your appreciation for a post, but a 'like' doesn't quite do the job. When you hover over the like button (in the bottom right corner of someone's post), you'll now see additional options of 'hot', 'haha', and 'agree'. These are fairly self explanatory, and are often more fitting than a like. Likes can of course be used as normal, but say you find a post funny, or find a picture especially sexy, you can now use these reactions instead. All of these reactions still contribute +1 to a member's reputation, which still displays on their profile and the site leaderboard. This was one of the most requested features, so please let me know how you find this, and whether you feel any other reactions should be added. 

• Like 4

#4 - Additional Profile Information

You may be prompted to update your profile, and whilst this is entirely optional, I would highly recommend it. We experimented with this by adding back the 'gender' profile field recently, and this has now extended to additional fields you can fill in. These include occupation, and an 'about me' section where you can write as much (or little) info as you like. This helps to show off your personality a little better so we can get to know members of the forum better. Don't forget to go and edit your profile when you get chance.

• Like 2

#5 - Clubs

As you can see from the navigation bar, we now have 'clubs'. This is a feature I will work on further down the line, but in the meantime, it is available to use however you see fit. You can create your own 'club' on the site, or join others. The club creator can decide whether the club is open to everyone or requires approval/invites. The club creator can then add any of the following to their club: sections (you know we have 'fictional stories', 'general pee chat' etc - you can have your own where club members can make threads and chat), galleries, and calendars (could be used to host events - both in person or online). The idea of mini communities within the site certainly has potential, but it will take some experimentation and getting used to. If you have an idea for a club, I'd urge you to go and try it out. Even if you don't, check back regularly to see if there are any new clubs you'd be interested in joining. 

• Like 2

I realise change can be unsettling, but these, along with my continued efforts on the site, will hopefully improve your overall experience of PeeFans. I won't list every little thing here, but please use this thread both to discuss these features, give feedback, and report any issues. Everything seems to be running smoothly now so I'm going to leave things here for a little while. Looking forward to hearing your responses, and hopefully you'll like these adjustments. Our aim at PeeFans is always to provide the best experience possible, so please do be vocal about your thoughts. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

First of all, can I just say thank you for doing this. I really appreciate it. I feel like an up to date site really enhances the user experience and is something other websites lack.

Clubs sound really exciting! I'm looking forward to these.

For the reactions "hot" isn't displaying an image. It did earlier when you first started the upgrade,

Now to go and fill in my profile... :)

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Sophie said:

First of all, can I just say thank you for doing this. I really appreciate it. I feel like an up to date site really enhances the user experience and is something other websites lack.

Clubs sound really exciting! I'm looking forward to these.

For the reactions "hot" isn't displaying an image. It did earlier when you first started the upgrade,

Now to go and fill in my profile... :)

Agreed. I know a lot of people will believe 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it', but I feel there's just so much we'd miss out on with that philosophy.

Agreed with clubs, especially as I'm not entirely sure the direction it will go - maybe several. As I said, it essentially allows for sub-communities, so once we fully get people on board with it I think it could be an interesting part of the site. 

Thanks for the heads up with the hot image, this should be fixed now.

What are your thoughts on the main template? I remember you mentioned the original yellow one being a little harsh on the eyes - is this one any better? We can of course have optional colour schemes, but if possible I'd rather make changes to the main design that the vast majority of people are happy with. It just makes edits and bug fixing so much easier if everyone is using the same theme. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yes the hot image is fixed now.

3 minutes ago, Admin said:

What are your thoughts on the main template? I remember you mentioned the original yellow one being a little harsh on the eyes - is this one any better? We can of course have optional colour schemes, but if possible I'd rather make changes to the main design that the vast majority of people are happy with. It just makes edits and bug fixing so much easier if everyone is using the same theme. 

My only complaint is the grey. It almost gives me an impression of the CSS not being finished, maybe a gradient or something? To me it looks like a background image is missing. Maybe because it's a similar colour to primer. I don't know.

6 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Yes the hot image is fixed now.

My only complaint is the grey. It almost gives me an impression of the CSS not being finished, maybe a gradient or something? To me it looks like a background image is missing. Maybe because it's a similar colour to primer. I don't know.

Too yellow now? Any thoughts what sort of colour could work?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sophie said:

That's much better in my opinion :) I like it.

I prefer it too, am just wary of going overboard with colours. Let's see what the consensus is, but I'm happy to leave it like this if others like it. :) 

Please let me know if you have any ideas or spot any other things needing fixing. Are you using a tablet at the moment? Would very much appreciate a screenshot of the main page if you get chance, just to check how it's loading on other devices. Thanks.

Thanks! I think it looks a little better on desktop (with sidebar etc), but apart from changing that top yellow bar (which I've now done), I think I'll leave things there. 

If anyone has any further comments or ideas, please let me know. :)

• Like 2

Admin,  I like all the work that you have put into the forum.  I am still bumping around a bit seeing just how to use some of the new things.

I love the new reaction button "thumbs up",  Nice choices.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bpb said:

Admin,  I like all the work that you have put into the forum.  I am still bumping around a bit seeing just how to use some of the new things.

I love the new reaction button "thumbs up",  Nice choices.

I'm hoping to post some more information on how some of the new stuff (like clubs) works soon, but in the meantime feel free to ask any questions and I'll be happy to clear things up. :) 

Glad to hear the positive responses. 

Oh while I am at it a couple of wish items.

When I chose an item from the Unread Content, quite often it will not go to the first unread item on the list.  Therefore, I have to manually skip down the list looking for the first item that I have not looked at.

My second wish:   When I am looking at the Unread Content list there are items on the list that I am quite certain that I do not wish to visit.  I wish that there was a way to mark a single item as read without having to visit it.  It seem like the list is occasionally so long that I can not see the end of the list and I would like to pare out the unwanted items so that I can see the rest of the list.

11 minutes ago, bpb said:

Oh while I am at it a couple of wish items.

When I chose an item from the Unread Content, quite often it will not go to the first unread item on the list.  Therefore, I have to manually skip down the list looking for the first item that I have not looked at.

My second wish:   When I am looking at the Unread Content list there are items on the list that I am quite certain that I do not wish to visit.  I wish that there was a way to mark a single item as read without having to visit it.  It seem like the list is occasionally so long that I can not see the end of the list and I would like to pare out the unwanted items so that I can see the rest of the list.

As for the first part, do you mean that when you open one of the topics it takes you to the first post instead of the most recent new post? Or the list itself is wrong? Please let me a know a little more about how you'd rather it loaded.

You can filter the lists to only include certain types of post, or exclude certain sections etc. Again, could you give me an example? As for the last part, the list should theoretically be never ending, with a button at the bottom to 'load more'.

1 minute ago, Admin said:

As for the first part, do you mean that when you open one of the topics it takes you to the first post instead of the most recent new post? Or the list itself is wrong? Please let me a know a little more about how you'd rather it loaded.

You can filter the lists to only include certain types of post, or exclude certain sections etc. Again, could you give me an example? As for the last part, the list should theoretically be never ending, with a button at the bottom to 'load more'.

One item that I can think of is the thread woman bare bottoms.  I click on the little black circle and by the time the the waiting circling quite I find myself in the middle of the thread somewhere.  Not at the start, not at the first unread item.  I can of course go to the entire bottom of the list and work backward, but I would rather start with my first unread item and go forward.

I will explore excluding certain sections, I am not sure that this will be specific enough.

On 7/29/2017 at 6:21 PM, Admin said:

I realise change can be unsettling, but these, along with my continued efforts on the site, will hopefully improve your overall experience of PeeFans. I won't list every little thing here, but please use this thread both to discuss these features, give feedback, and report any issues. Everything seems to be running smoothly now so I'm going to leave things here for a little while. Looking forward to hearing your responses, and hopefully you'll like these adjustments. Our aim at PeeFans is always to provide the best experience possible, so please do be vocal about your thoughts. 

I want to thank you for putting the effort into this wonderful and beautiful community. I love the the new look and the work you put into it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2