Glad1

glad1

As a scientist, I've learned a lot of facts, most of them probably useless along with a few about pee. And as a writer, I interviewed literally hundreds of people, maybe thousands. Now, the table has been turned and I'm the interviewee.

So, go ahead, ask your questions, whether it's something about our favorite topic or want to learn a little more about me.

• Like 1

Intriguing - a few questions spring to mind, but I'll start here:

Who was the most interesting person you interviewed? (If it's even possible to pick a standout interviewee from that many). 

Probably the one that most stands out was a scientist, who, while not famous in her own right, had met with a great many world leaders, consulting on the issues of food and water shortages across the globe. Not only was she brilliant and articulate, but she was probably one of the most compassionate and compelling people I've ever met. I still come across her name in articles and am happy to see she continues to do great work.

Edited by glad1
  • Like 3

How -as a scientist- did you come across pee facts? As a writer, how did the facts affect your pee interest &
how did the subject come up?  How did it turn out? Did it give you any new ideas?

How did the scientist that you described have an effect upon you, and did she -with all of her compelling, articulate brilliance- change the way that you think & live? Does her work that you follow contimue to influence you? If so, in what way?

• Like 1

What field of science are you most interested in? I am an amateur of course but have always been fascinated by cosmology and anything to do with space, what's out there, how it came to be, and how it works. Do you have much knowledge of this area?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Anita Bidet said:

How -as a scientist- did you come across pee facts? As a writer, how did the facts affect your pee interest &
how did the subject come up?  How did it turn out? Did it give you any new ideas?

How did the scientist that you described have an effect upon you, and did she -with all of her compelling, articulate brilliance- change the way that you think & live? Does her work that you follow contimue to influence you? If so, in what way?

I come across literally dozens, often hundreds of scientific articles each day. Over the course of a week or two, there's always a few that are about or at least relevant to pee. In fact, a year or so ago I learned that nearly all mammals, regardless of their size, urinate for somewhere around 21 seconds. (Of course, in nature there are always outliers, which explains that two-minute piss you heard in the next stall.)

And, the way my mind works, I'm constantly trying to see where something I've read can be put into practical application, like what's the proper angle to aim into a urinal to minimize splashback. You do know your urine stream breaks into droplets less than a foot from leaving your urethra? See the photo I've attached, which should demonstrate the event quite clearly  (And, yes, I often have to illustrate my stories.) But, I recommend you check this out for yourself, in case you don't believe me. I'll bet you never knew fluid dynamics could be so much fun!

My interview with the scientist described made me considerably more aware of the impact my actions have upon the well-being of the planet. I've become a lot more conscious of what I eat and drink. I've learned how foolish most of us in the Western World are about our use of water. Of course, one of the ways I try to do my part is to use the toilet as little as possible and encourage others to pee outdoors. After all, she did say the best way to teach is to lead by example.

droplets_83457.jpg

Edited by glad1
grammar, clarity
8 hours ago, steve25805 said:

What field of science are you most interested in? I am an amateur of course but have always been fascinated by cosmology and anything to do with space, what's out there, how it came to be, and how it works. Do you have much knowledge of this area?

I most familiar with, as well as have my greatest interest in, the physical branch of sciences - physics, chemistry, earth sciences and astronomy/cosmology. Even as a child, I was fascinated with the stars and wondered what exactly was out there. I had an uncle who worked on the space program, who I'm sure was a big influence on me. In fact, had I made a few different choices and paid more attention to what was happening in the classroom than what was outdoors, I'd likely be there today.

While I know a great deal about the subject, at least compared with the average man in the street, there are hundreds, maybe thousands who know far more than I do. But, I'd like to think I'm smart enough to know that I still need to learn a whole lot more.  

And, like many here, I also have a particularly interest in female physiology. I'm always looking for participants for field studies. 

Edited by glad1
  • Like 2

Ok...a pee related question.

When did you  become aware for the first time that peeing ladies "interested" you? Was there a particular event that you can pinpoint which triggered it? And have you always been relaxed about it? When a lot younger, I struggled with feelings of inner shame which took years to overcome, and I envy those coming of age today with access to the internet.

I think most all of us are "pee-curious", at least at some stage in our lives. While some seem to outgrow it by themselves, most go through life struggling with that shame.

Into my early twenties, I was always a bit pee shy, in the outdoors stepping out of sight of others. Once in my late teens, when on a small boat with a date, I made a point of having a big wave splash me just to get relief. 

Shortly out of college, I met a young woman who had a very relaxed attitude about peeing and, in turn, helped me get over my shyness. On our first hike, she peed in front of me three or four times during the day. Seeing how she had no inhibitions about what she described as a natural act quickly relaxed mine.

Edited by glad1
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 07/07/2017 at 7:36 PM, glad1 said:

Shortly out of college, I met a young woman who had a very relaxed attitude about peeing and, in turn, helped me get over my shyness. On our first hike, she peed in front of me three or four times during the day. Seeing how she had no inhibitions about what she described as a natural act quickly relaxed mine.

Do you think she was 'into' pee, or do you think some women really just are that free and open about it despite there being no sexual connection whatsoever?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:41 PM, steve25805 said:

Do you ever hear from Angelgirl?

She is still one of my FB friends under her real name but we rarely interact anymore.

No, it's been more than a year since I last heard from her. I hope she's doing well. She wrote some great posts and I really miss what she added to this site.