Dr. Glad is back

Sorry if I made you hold so long. Your questions, I mean.
I'm here to relieve your most pressing symptoms. So, if you want to know more about the science of pee, I'll give it a go. On the subject of anatomy, I'll rise to the occasion. If you're having trouble being fulfilled, I might recommend more hydration. If you're getting up too often in the middle of the night, I suggest cutting back on your intake. Or, just go with the flow.
But, even doctors don't know everything. So, if you want relationship advice, be prepared to take matters into your own hands and then wash them really good before stopping by.
I've missed you the past nearly two years. Then again, my aim isn't what it used to be. Be that as it may, once again, the good doctor is in.

Edited by glad1
  • Like 1

Why is that sometimes when I'm absolutely bursting I can sit on the toilet and only produce a slow dribble until my bladder is empty? Much slower than my normal stream. I would expect a torrent not a trickle.

53 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Why is that sometimes when I'm absolutely bursting I can sit on the toilet and only produce a slow dribble until my bladder is empty? Much slower than my normal stream. I would expect a torrent not a trickle.

Dr. Glad asks if this happens regularly and is there any burning or pain. I'd first want to rule out infection before I jump into making a diagnosis.

If there's none, the problem may lie with the nervous system being hypersensitive and there's actually less in the bladder than how it feels. But, if you can void a full tank's worth, even though there's barely a flow, it's likely because you held too long and there's a temporary physical blockage or your nerves aren't firing the right signals to release completely.

Try changing your posture on the seat, leaning alternately fore and aft, to see if that helps. Also give the affected areas a gentle tickle as that sometimes does the trick. Above all, the most important thing is not to panic, but relax. Eventually, it should all work itself out.