Untitled

Is there a way to delete your account?

Untitled    15

Hey Scot, 

Yes, I would like to delete this account if that's possible.

Thanks!

Admin    4,499

@TimothyCavinaw sorry to hear that, could you please message me the reason why if possible.

We ideally don't like to delete accounts unless necessary, as it also deletes all of the user's content which can cause disruption to the forum (especially in terms of entire threads being removed). If it is more a case of no longer wanting to use the site, the account can instead be deactivated - this will also mean if you ever change your mind, it is not permanent. Please let me know if this would work for you.

Thanks.

norfie654321    30
On 29/06/2017 at 2:38 PM, Admin said:

@TimothyCavinaw sorry to hear that, could you please message me the reason why if possible.

We ideally don't like to delete accounts unless necessary, as it also deletes all of the user's content which can cause disruption to the forum (especially in terms of entire threads being removed). If it is more a case of no longer wanting to use the site, the account can instead be deactivated - this will also mean if you ever change your mind, it is not permanent. Please let me know if this would work for you.

Thanks.

Can i make the suggestion that changing usernames and deactivating/deleting accounts is something that users have individual control over instead of the admins? This site is heavily unsecure and everything is Googleable right down to individual usernames which means you can be associated with employers and other websites (including public domain such as a well known auction site and well known video hosting site) where users have opted to use the same username.

Admin    4,499
On 05/09/2017 at 0:07 AM, norfie654321 said:

Can i make the suggestion that changing usernames and deactivating/deleting accounts is something that users have individual control over instead of the admins? This site is heavily unsecure and everything is Googleable right down to individual usernames which means you can be associated with employers and other websites (including public domain such as a well known auction site and well known video hosting site) where users have opted to use the same username.

We have been through this. Shall I delete your account for you?

owlman76    254

there is a way of doing this without causing major disruption, I've seen it done on many other sites, the users account is disabled and all their posts remain however they have "guest" in place of their name.

I can understand why people may want to leave a forum, maybe someone has accessed their list of websites or something similar, in which case it could be very embarrassing for them.