What's your weather?

glad1

Since we have members across the globe, in both northern and southern hemispheres, some fairly close to the poles while others are near the equator, I'd imagine we have a wide range of weather going on at any given time.

While some of us are sweltering in the summer heat, others are enduring sub-freezing temperatures, maybe even buried under feet of snow. There are those who are complaining of the drought, while others wonders when the rain will ever end.

As the saying goes, everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it. At least we can tell our friends here what's happening in our area. 

I'm on the East Coast of the US this week, a couple hours outside of New York City. It's late evening and the temperature is still hovering around 80 and very sticky. I think I'm going to grab another cold drink right now.

Today, here somewhere in the middle of Germany, the temperature maxed out at about 30 and it was also a bit sticky.

Now, in the middle of the night and after an hour of light rain, temp dropped back to a more comfortable 20 degrees, and I hope it will stay that way for the rest of the week.

I just hope it's not going to be sticky tomorrow because of all the dampness; it's really not the kind of dampness I prefer. ;)

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, WantonLee said:

I just hope it's not going to be sticky tomorrow because of all the dampness; it's really not the kind of dampness I prefer. ;)

I'm guessing you also hope for cooler weather because, in the heat, you sweat most everything out.

2 hours ago, Scot_Lover said:

Winter, 3c overnight, 15c during the day. Thick fog every morning, clearing to a fine sunny day with high cloud.

This is southwest Victoria, right? Interior or near the coast?

And, does this time of year mean you and your girls tend to spend most all your time indoors?

55 minutes ago, Scot_Lover said:

Yeah, 50km north of Port Campbell, and because the weather is so mild, we're out most days.

I've done the Great Ocean Road to Portland, so I'm vaguely familiar with the area. It's nice to hear you and the girls are enjoying the outdoors this time of year.

I'm on the southern New England coast today and, at the start of summer, it's not much warmer here, 15 to 20C with light rain.

Edited by glad1
  • 2 weeks later...

here in the South of the UK, we have had five days of the hottest we get this week.  up to 33 degrees where I am. it has now cooled down to about 20 with cloud and a bit of rain.   UK weather is very variable!

• 2 weeks later...