Jealousy

I do struggle with unwelcome thoughts of jealousy in certain situations. At the moment I have a very close online friend who has shared a couple of pics of herself peeing before, which she does with other online male friends too. But now she says I am a hugely special friend whom she doesn't want to share that stuff with anymore, though she is happy to do so with the other guys. I understand and respect her reasons. She places our friendship on a higher plane and doesn't want to cheapen it anymore, but also feels no sexual chemistry with me which she presumably does with the other guys.

The problem I am having is that, whilst I have never been the slightest bit bothered about what she shares with whom online if I am included as well, now that I no longer am I find myself feeling jealous of these other online guys seeing her pics. I know this is dumb, and who she shares this stuff with is her business, and I place no blame upon her at all. It is my own stupid pangs of jealousy that are the problem and I just wish these feelings would fuck the hell off. Does anybody else have any helpful advice?

Tell her how you feel! If you're that special she should understand why you feel that way right? We all have feelings, and maybe its because you two have gotten so close overtime that it makes her uncomfortable now who knows. Normaly its the other way around though, but hey im just giving you my opinion. I think the best way to keep a good relationship of any sort is to be honest and tell them the good and bad things you feel.

The world is still big and there is so much out there still, dont let it take the best of you. In the end, you are still above all of her other friends.:wink:

I do struggle with unwelcome thoughts of jealousy in certain situations. At the moment I have a very close online friend who has shared a couple of pics of herself peeing before, which she does with other online male friends too. But now she says I am a hugely special friend whom she doesn't want to share that stuff with anymore, though she is happy to do so with the other guys. I understand and respect her reasons. She places our friendship on a higher plane and doesn't want to cheapen it anymore, but also feels no sexual chemistry with me which she presumably does with the other guys.

The problem I am having is that, whilst I have never been the slightest bit bothered about what she shares with whom online if I am included as well, now that I no longer am I find myself feeling jealous of these other online guys seeing her pics. I know this is dumb, and who she shares this stuff with is her business, and I place no blame upon her at all. It is my own stupid pangs of jealousy that are the problem and I just wish these feelings would fuck the hell off. Does anybody else have any helpful advice?

Forget her and try to think about anything happier.

I hope my observations will not be unwelcome, and I hope I'm not brining too much of my own baggage to the table. What is it you actually feel? Jealousy, or rejection? You certainly want to take the high road, and if she does not want to share her pictures with you anymore, she is certainly under no obligation to do so. But, if she is freely sharing them with other people, I think it is understandable that you feel on some level the sting of rejection.

You want to be reasonable and understanding, of course. But I think you should explain how you feel. Beyond her higher esteem, how do you feel you have a deeper connection to her than these other people? What about sharing pictures "cheapens" your friendship? That's a loaded word. Are your interests cheap?

If she doesn't feel any sexual chemistry with you, and you have lustful feelings for her, that's certainly awkward. If she's trying to let you down easy, that's kind of her. Your feelings are not her responsibility, but you're still going to feel something if you enjoyed seeing those pictures and want to see more. That's normal and OK, as you are human. These are just my thoughts. I hope they are useful in some way.