Close Strangers or Distant Friends

Sometimes I think about the relationships I have with people that I can only interact with online and how important many of them have become. Like with video games, I have some close friends through online gaming and have had deep personal conversations with them. We've been there for each other through life tragedies and I consider them close friends now just like the ones I hang out with personally. One of them that we played with often, abandoned our group due to her own selfishness but I still occasionally get sad about it because it feels like a good friendship died. Probably will never meet the others in person.

With this forum, I feel like I am among friends because we can share this sensitive secret fetish freely but because it must remain a secret for most of us, we will always be close strangers or distant friends, no matter how many years pass. We cannot risk being outed so I understand that we have to remain anonymous but when I think about the interactions we enjoy with each other, it's sad that we will live our lives having some of our meaningful relationships be with people that we will never meet. It's difficult to even know that someone has died under these conditions. 

Wondering if anyone else feels the same.

• Like 2

I've met some really great persons online that i never saw in person, persons i'd definitely consider a friend. As a person who has been easily falling into a kind of let's say depressive mood for most of his live i also have thoughts like this coming into my mind occasionally. It's sad to think about something happening to them and you wouldn't even know. Or that i might not be able to contact them anymore and i'd leave them behind wondering about what happened. Because no matter what, i've had conversations with them like i would have with a real friend, been a listener for problems etc..maybe these conversations where sometimes deeper than those offline because it seems to be easier to pour your heart out. So these people are a part of my life, they influenced my life or still do. If they go through rough times i can't just shake it off when when i go offline. Though not easy, i think it's better to just cherish the moments we spend with those people than thinking about what might be. And to believe(not necessarily in a religious way) that somehow everything has a greater sense to it and one day we'll all meet, as dumb or as cheesy as it may sound.

After all, we can be happy that it's possible to connect with people all over the world.

Edited by Remi
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Remi said:

It's sad to think about something happening to them and you wouldn't even know. Or that i might not be able to contact them anymore and i'd leave them behind wondering about what happened.

Yes that's a major thing for me, a person dropping out of contact and wondering what happened. Having to go through worrying, hoping for them to turn up and eventually accepting that they may have passed away, with no more than messages to remember them by. The internet has allowed us to reach people we never otherwise would have and with that comes dealing with a lack of physical interaction which we didn't necessarily evolve to experience as normalcy. I agree that we should cherish and be happy that these acquaintances and friendships can exist at all. Being able to communicate and bond with people across the planet is pretty extraordinary.

Very Much feel the same way.  Was great friends with Kevin when he was here. Then he vanished. After a month of so of searching I found out he had Died. Then Crissy vanished the same way. Been told he's OK but have no way to confirm it. Did have the Pleasure of meeting a former member here..something that rarely happens.

The internet is a strange and unique World.

• Like 1
Guest UnabashedUser

We are too soon old and too late smart. It's like that favorite TV personality, comedian, musician that we've watched for years and suddenly read about that they're gone. We've never met them but identified with them through their art, craft, hobby or proclivity similar to ours  (pee) and yet we're saddened by their departure.  Here even closer -- we're able to communicate with each other on a much higher personal and hidden (forbidden) plane.

Have been on this forum for almost a year and feel close to many I've met here.  As a technical writer, words are my craft and this  space offers me a venue to write about that which I care most about -- intense personal and sexual real-life descriptions that cannot have a way to be published otherwise.  Someday I hope to put these slices of my personal life into a compilation for other pee lovers to relate to (and hopefully get off on).

And now off to work to write reams of dull and boring details about the intricate workings of robotic machines, their care and feeding, and their warranties.