Barbican Gender Neutral Toilets

There has recently been some controversy in the media about the Barbican (London) re-labelling a set of Ladies/Gents toilets as "Gender Neutral Toilets with Cubicles" and "Gender Neutral Toilets with Cubicles and Urinals" respectively. Most of the comments have been from women who are claiming that it will lead to  men 'invading' the Ladies and increasing the queues for the cubicles. None of them seem to have picked up on the fact that both toilets are now gender neutral so the, previously underutilised,  cubicles in what used to be the Gents are available for them to use.

What do members here think of this? Would the men be uncomforable with women walking to/from, and queuing for, the cubicles and using the sinks while they are using the urinals? Would the women be prepared to use what used to be the Gents?

• Like 2

I would be uncomfortable with this.I pray all this "gender neutral" crap dies out.What the F**K is "gender neutral" anyway?You ARE a girl,or you ARE a boy.In non-sexual situations youre not meant to pee together.Its different from using them in emergencies.To be honest,even as a man,im quite modest.I dont like other men seeing me pee,i certainly dont want any strange women copping a flash.If i flash a woman,i like to think there might be some reciprocity involved.

Does anyone know where this "gender neutral" crap started?Was it America?..But i dont understand what it means.Im guessing this is a clever way for councils to avoid providing proper facilities for women,i.e SAVING MONEY."Oh lets be like America,women can use the mens room".

Also,i have young female relatives.I dont like the idea of some horrible paedophile going in these toilets and enjoying himself at their expense.Im sure many of us would feel like this.Im sure many of our ladies also would feel this way.Its one thing on here joking apart,but in reality,im sure they would dislike it.

Keep pee sexy,not neutral!

So,i could follow a hot girl in the toilets nowadays,go in the next stall,enjoy the sensation,get one off,and if she complained that she thought a pervert was masturbating listening to her urinate,i could just say"hands off,im gender neutral this is sexism,youre trying to define my sexuality by the way i urinate you bastards,im suing the council"!(not that this is how the world is divided to begin with)This is what WILL happen...

Lets have Gents and Ladies,the old fashioned way.A little gingerbread man,or woman shape on the doors.No arguments.

1 hour ago, uniloo said:

What do members here think of this? Would the men be uncomforable with women walking to/from, and queuing for, the cubicles and using the sinks while they are using the urinals? Would the women be prepared to use what used to be the Gents?

I'm actually too fat to use a urinal, so I always have to use a stall.  This approach would mean long waiting times for me I guess.

Apart from that, I have no issues with it.   If I was able to use the urinals I would have no problem with women walking past.

8 minutes ago, fannywatcher said:

So,i could follow a hot girl in the toilets nowadays,go in the next stall,enjoy the sensation,get one off,and if she complained that she thought a pervert was masturbating listening to her urinate,

It's none of her business whether you masturbate or not.  Your body, your choice. :9_innocent:

Fair enough,but its my opinion..not a subject i give a lot of thought to,but i just think its all nonsense,one of those modern phenomena,that seems to screw up society as we know it.

• Like 1

I'm with you on this, Fannywatcher. The insecurity of a self-identifying "gender neutral" person does not take priority over the discomfort of the opposite sex, no matter how much one may plead "victim status."