Sign in Problem

This is a problem that I've been having for a long time. After logging on, while replying to a post, I'm sometimes told that I have to log on to comment. It's as if the system forgets that I'm signed in. I often spend a lot of time on posts getting the wording just right to express myself accurately. It's frustrating in the extreme when the words disappear and I can't remember them.  I had hoped the new system would fix this but it's still happening. Is anyone else seeing this?

I have had problems with the system loosing track of me while I am on Personal Messaging.  I have been told to sign-in after writing a long note.  After signing in I get back to the end and the message is not there.  Sometimes I click on to write and the message is there to be submitted, and other times the message is GONE.

One of my correspondents told me to before I submit the replay is to use the mouse to cover the message and then copy it into the mouse.  Is you can submit the message then you are home free, if you have to sign-in and the message happens to reappear then you are home free, but is the message is gone then you can use the right button of the mouse and get the chance to paste the message just copied back into the now empty reply space and the submit it.   I have been saved on a number of occasions.

BTW how can you go incognito under this new system?? 

20 minutes ago, bpb said:

I have had problems with the system loosing track of me while I am on Personal Messaging.  I have been told to sign-in after writing a long note.  After signing in I get back to the end and the message is not there.  Sometimes I click on to write and the message is there to be submitted, and other times the message is GONE.

One of my correspondents told me to before I submit the replay is to use the mouse to cover the message and then copy it into the mouse.  Is you can submit the message then you are home free, if you have to sign-in and the message happens to reappear then you are home free, but is the message is gone then you can use the right button of the mouse and get the chance to paste the message just copied back into the now empty reply space and the submit it.   I have been saved on a number of occasions.

Incognito mode / Private browsing is a browser thing, I don't think you can hide your online status with this forum software.

4 hours ago, bpb said:

Sounds just like what's happening to me. I suppose I could highlight and copy every post I make but this is a system problem and I was hoping it could be solved at the system level.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Admin said:

Is this problem still occurring? 

It was happening to me earlier when the site was reloading on the new server. After every topic i was clicking on it was forgetting i was already signed in to the site and making me sign back in again to reply to others comments. Since the site has reloaded though it doesnt seem to be happening. As a side note to this, is there anyway we could make the forum name a bit more work/public place friendly? Peefans in white against a yellow background is very obvious to those who might catch a glimpse at a screen/mobile...

36 minutes ago, norfie654321 said:

It was happening to me earlier when the site was reloading on the new server. After every topic i was clicking on it was forgetting i was already signed in to the site and making me sign back in again to reply to others comments. Since the site has reloaded though it doesnt seem to be happening. As a side note to this, is there anyway we could make the forum name a bit more work/public place friendly? Peefans in white against a yellow background is very obvious to those who might catch a glimpse at a screen/mobile...

Glad to hear it's all running smoothly.

You can still revert to the blue/white theme by pressing 'theme' at the very bottom of any page (if you felt this was more discrete). Whilst I could try to make a more subtle theme, I agree with Sophie's point that it's a tough ask to make such an explicit/adult site seem 'work friendly'.

OK I may have spoken too soon. As soon as i came back to the site it asked me to log back in even though id previously chosen keep me logged in...

OK Take the word 'work' out of the equation. Because im pretty sure most of us check the forum on tablets or mobiles in public...

2 minutes ago, norfie654321 said:

OK I may have spoken too soon. As soon as i came back to the site it asked me to log back in even though id previously chosen keep me logged in...

Have you tried clearing your cache, site cookies, and then doing a hard refresh?