What happened to the photo gallery?

On 2/13/2017 at 11:30 PM, likesToLick said:

I clicked on the "Gallery" link on the second toolbar today, but the "gallery" page shows no content.   What happened to the photo albums that many of us uploaded?

I only added a few images,  but others contributed a lot.  Are they lost?

Did you click on member albums?

Click Gallery and you'll see 5 categories: "Public & Outdoors", "Naughty & Indoors"  etc.

Fifth is "Member Albums"

I use Firefox and Chrome on Windows desktop and see all

Edited by Ozabot
11 minutes ago, likesToLick said:

I click Gallery and there are no categories listed,  just the empty page like DXR posted above

I see the same empty page when I'm not signed in i.e in "guest" mode

6 hours ago, Ozabot said:

I see the same empty page when I'm not signed in i.e in "guest" mode

I know I am signed in because I can post in the forums.

I have tried Firefox and Pale Moon browsers on Windows XP.  Both show the same fault.  Chrome on XP cannot connect to Peefans because it does not support encryption.

16 minutes ago, Ozabot said:

Maybe WinXP is the reason of problem?

I am on Win7 and all works normally

Nothing has changed in my installation.  A feature of this site that worked before has now stopped working.

Microsoft is of course responsible for many problems in the software world, but it may be a little hasty just to blame them without first  investigating the problem in this case.

I will be interested to see what Admin has to say.

Unfortunately Win7 is not available any more.  I must eventually downgrade to Windows 10 I guess,  but I am postponing the misery as long as I possibly can.

I think it's nothing wrong with your installation and the problem is on the other side.

Some feature of this "new design" may be uncompatible with XP or even with version of browser

12 minutes ago, Ozabot said:

Some feature of this "new design" may be uncompatible with XP or even with version of browser

You could definitely be right.   I cannot remember if I have looked at the galleries since the new forum platform was installed.  I don't know if the problem happened then or if it is more recent.

I have a laptop that uses (please don't laugh :10_wink:) Windows Vista.   Perhaps I should try connecting to the site with that, and see if the problem goes away.

Cheers.

Well, I've tried multiple browsers on both Ubuntu and Windows 10, using 2 different computers.   None of those combinations work.   Is the new platform truly incompatible with multiple OS's and browsers?

To be honest I don't like this "new design" of gallery. It's not user friendly at all. And it looks that I'm not alone in my opinion. No visitors, no posters (in this year onle my posts)

1 minute ago, Ozabot said:

To be honest I don't like this "new design" of gallery. It's not user friendly at all. And it looks that I'm not alone in my opinion. No visitors, no posters (in this year onle my posts)

I tend to use the forum threads for images,  because it seems to attract more response and discussions.  Also, I usually just link to images that already exist on the web, and that can only be done in a forum post.

3 minutes ago, Ozabot said:

Or maybe a lot of people are having the same problem and just can't see the Gallery anymore.

1 minute ago, DXR said:

Or maybe a lot of people are having the same problem and just can't see the Gallery anymore.

Yes, you are right. Anyway the problem exists and must be fixed

I'm writing this post from desktop with WinXP+Firefox

And I have no problem with Gallery, I see all I want and can add images.

So I have a question to DXR and LikesToLick:

Are you staying logged after entering the Gallery, do you see your nick and avatar in upper right corner, or thtre is "Sign in" suggestion?

15 hours ago, Ozabot said:

Are you staying logged after entering the Gallery, do you see your nick and avatar in upper right corner, or thtre is "Sign in" suggestion?

Thank you for testing with Windows XP.  Much appreciated.  That's very interesting that XP does not cause a problem for you.

Yes, when I go to the gallery page, it still shows my user name and avatar in the top right corner of the page, so I am definitely still logged in.

A question for you Ozabot.  Do you have paid access to the video gallery?  (I do not)  Is it possible that the photo gallery is accidentally being blocked for members who did not buy video gallery access?

Cheers,

L2L

54 minutes ago, likesToLick said:

Thank you for testing with Windows XP.  Much appreciated.  That's very interesting that XP does not cause a problem for you.

Yes, when I go to the gallery page, it still shows my user name and avatar in the top right corner of the page, so I am definitely still logged in.

A question for you Ozabot.  Do you have paid access to the video gallery?  (I do not)  Is it possible that the photo gallery is accidentally being blocked for members who did not buy video gallery access?

Cheers,

L2L

Same here.   As shown in the screen cap in my earlier post, I'm signed in, and I do not have paid access to the video gallery.

Edited by DXR

To DXR and LikesToLick

Try to logout and login again on Gallery page. Maybe something wrong with authorization protocol

1 hour ago, likesToLick said:

Is it possible that the photo gallery is accidentally being blocked for members who did not buy video gallery access?

I don't think so. I have access to video gallery but I can't connect with access to photo gallery.

Photo gallery always was the part of forum with common access and without any restrictions for use

On 20/02/2017 at 2:36 AM, likesToLick said:

Cheers,

L2L

Works fine for me, and I don't have video gallery access.