Outdoor and Makeshift Urinals

I was out on a kayaking trip and we were getting changed in the clubhouse of a kayaking club. There was a queue for the single toilet and one of the guys said "I'll use the outdoor facility", which I thought meant he would find a tree. I agreed with him and went outside, but he carried on the conversation and said it wasn't a tree but a facility designed for the job. It turned out that it was basically two parallel walls made with concrete fence panels and turned in ends, with an open half pipe running along the base of one wall, leading to a down pipe - probably just to a soak-a-way. There were dividers to give each user a little privacy (which was quite a surprise) and the walls were painted. As we stood at each end of the facility taking care of business I noted that it was a simple but effective facility and he commented that there was no roof and that it must just be flushed by rain as there was no piping or water feed.

After the kayaking trip, I went back on my own and took some pics to share with you. Of course I used it again, so there is a pic of it in use as well for those that are interested.

Does anybody know of any similar facilities where people have improvised?

View from outside: - You'd not even know it was there if you didn't go looking - it just looks like a fence made of concrete panels.

The entrance:

Inside:

And Urinal in use:

Outside.jpg.66fc0fa22ea927a0050dc52081cdb0ff.jpg

Entrance.jpg.1ff0799665a333a774c070d220b11f23.jpg

Inside.jpg.69fb6e965f63b2c81f179d78682224f7.jpg

57eb66e9a0603_InUse.jpg.d80035b5c722ea38133b002f551c6955.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Hot 1

This also reminded me of a facility that was at a camping ground that I once went to some years ago. It was basically a shed, with a piece of guttering fixed about half way up on the back wall. The piece of guttering went out through a hole in the side wall and then just ended. So, you went in the shed, peed in the gutter and the pee flowed along the gutter, out through the wooden wall and then fell straight to the ground at the end of the gutter from a height of about a metre. You might just as well have peed on the ground, except that the shed gave a bit of privacy. It was an incredibly basic set up.

• 7 years later...