For what it's worth...my opinion

I am going to chuck my two penneth in because I personally feel that the level of bickering is probably getting a bit much.

This latest argument has come about because MPT has taken an issue with a post that was nothing more than an opinion.

MPT has done me no harm and was in fact one of the people who commented on a recent thread I started.

As some of you realised I was in need of support and reached out here and it has been a comfort to have some very genuine words and comfort.

So, it shows that on the whole, there's a decent bunch here but this is an argument out of nothing. We are all grown ups and if you don't like someone don't speak to them unless you can grasp the concept of people having different opinions.

This is a forum and surely the idea is that people chat and exchange differing opinions or else what's the point?

As long as nobody has posted something unnaceptable or been insulting or abusive then as in any part of our daily lives be it here, work or sat talking in the pub you either join in the conversation amicably or say nothing.

I have been here a relatively short time but I enjoy chatting here but again I feel compelled to say that the nit picking is making the place look rather uninviting.

When your life is in the bloody bin it's pretty easy to spot things that aren't worth arguing about so come on people.

Edited by Guest

All this bickering is most tiresome and definitely damages this forum, but it is not I starting the threads in this subforum making constant attacks on the flimsiest of pretexts. I am merely defending myself. And to be brutally blunt, on any other forum, someone behaving as MPT does would have been banned already.

My own view is that such petty bickering should itself be against the rules in some way, because it damages what used to be one of this forum's major selling points - it's friendly and welcoming atmosphere.