Peeing in the pool is worse than you thought...

Guest UnabashedUser

13 hours ago, sara babe said:

I think that people are always going to be peeing in public pools. There no way to stop it. I don't feel like it comparable to peeing in coffee because it's much easier to keep people from peeing in the coffee pot than it is to keep them from peeing in pools. Some public pools have been peed in multiple times a day, day after day, week after week, month after month after month. I think of the pools down south where my friends and I have spent entire days in the pool drinking, partying and peeing in the water multiple times day after day. Who knows when the last one of those pools saw a complete water change. Some resorts might have 500 or 1000 people enjoying the pool area at one time and most of those people are drinking alcohol which mean the need to pee regularly. Most of the resorts I've been to only have one or two small bathrooms with 3 or 4 stalls at the pool area and the funny part is that most of the time the washrooms arnt even busy yet the pool area is packed.  Where could everyone be peeing?  Almost Everyone pees in the pool.  Infact, anyone I've vacationed with have always relieved them selves in the pool!  Therefore, why not pee in the pool as well?  Most of the people that are peeing in the pool don't even get enjoyment out of it, they just do it out of lazyness.  Well for those of us that actually enjoy it, why hold back and let people without pee fetishes have all the fun?  I you don't pee the next person will so I encourage you all to join in and help warm up the pool!

This seems to summarize the issue at hand well enough -- or at least, the reason why the issue at hand isn't going anywhere! No matter how much evidence piles up that peeing in pools is unhealthy for swimmers, the fact of the matter is that many swimmers are going to empty their bladders in the water no matter what. Any given public pool is just full of trace amounts of urine from past swimmers, regardless of chlorination and regardless of filtration. As long as the pool is properly maintained, there's not much to worry about. The only thing going against it is the possible ick factor of swimming in water that surely includes countless different people's urine. But it's not like any other publicly accessible body of water will be cleaner! That's just life.

Your sister-in-law, by the way, has some really funny logic going on there. I guess I can see how it'd work, if she's mentally treating the swim-up bar as her 'toilet' area. It's hard to pee in places that don't mentally count as a toilet! I'd know, I had to train myself to be able to pee in any pools at all. Obviously, the choice of a swim-up bar doesn't make much sense beyond that. Even if she exclusively peed there and nowhere else, it doesn't matter at all in a swimming pool. Her urine would still diffuse into the entire rest of the pool water, and it'd still pollute the entire thing regardless of where in it her bladder was emptied. I'm sure she's aware of that on some level, but it's amusing to think of someone using a specific spot in the pool as a toilet when the whole thing will be affected by the aftermath.

In general, swim-up bars seem like a terrible idea for the water quality of a pool. As far as I can tell, the main point for them is seriously just so that people can enjoy drink after drink after drink without ever having to get up to pee. No one will say it out loud, but that's the entire effect those have! I've gone around online before and looked at different discussions people have about swim-up bars -- on websites totally unrelated to pee, at that, typically more related to travel and vacationing and so on. And practically every single time, someone will inevitably bring up the fact that swim-up bars are mainly useful for peeing at, and at least one other person in the discussion will react with revulsion and declare that they're never getting in a pool with a swim-up bar again.

I wonder how many people are actually aware of all the pee that goes into swimming pools. It's not visible, really, and if you don't recognize the 'pool smell' for what it is, it's not all that detectable in general. Among those who know about it, I wonder how many actually care. Probably not much, if they're contributing to the pee problem! And it is a bit of a problem, at least in terms of how it affects the water. Even if the water's crystal clear afterward, it can still be trouble to swim in.

On a related note: One trouble I've often had with swimming pools (and I suppose there's a great deal of irony to this, considering my own habits) is that I have some generally pretty sensitive skin. It doesn't take much for me to end up getting hit with some contact dermatitis -- touching a synthetic fabric item for very long, or getting sweaty and letting it evaporate instead of wiping it off, these can result in dry patches and such. It's usually just a mild annoyance. But whenever I get in a swimming pool, by the time I'm done, any parts of my skin that had those sort of dry patches on them will be a bright, tender pink. They get irritated pretty badly by pool water. In that respect, I'd wager I'm more affected by the pollution in pool water than many people who contribute to it more than I.

The point of all that is, of course, that I have plenty of reason not to consider pool peeing to be a completely harmless activity. Of course, I still do it. In fact, I do it a lot -- to the point where I'll go all the way to the pool solely with the motivation of wanting to get to pee in it. But I'm aware that I'm doing it in a pool that many many other people have used as a toilet before me, and that's something to just kind of deal with. It might be a subtle health problem, but it's also life. And a particularly sneakily fun part of life, too. I have no plans to stop peeing in pools based on any concerns people have about any of it. And I don't expect anyone else to stop, either. Clearly, many of us around here have no such plans!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, thedario said:

I have a funny video regarding this thread.. http://thisvid.com/videos/teen-girl-pee-in-pool/

Wow, that's a recent upload! ... And, wow, that's a strong ending! I was wondering why I couldn't see very much, and then that happened. @Maggie_555, you're gonna want to see this.

I wish there were more videos like this on the internet. Peeing in pools is very rarely shown and shared on video, and that's a real shame. It's so fascinating to see!

• Like 2

Recent upload maybe, but actually it is an old video, I have seen it already some years ago. Nevertheless a great one.

This is how Lifeguards should always pee :-)  Maybe she should drink a bit more to make it less obvious what she is doing. Unless it is her first pee of the day ;-)

I love it!

3 hours ago, Raub75 said:

Recent upload maybe, but actually it is an old video, I have seen it already some years ago. Nevertheless a great one.

This is how Lifeguards should always pee :-)  Maybe she should drink a bit more to make it less obvious what she is doing. Unless it is her first pee of the day ;-)

I love it!

It looks like it might be her first of the day. It's almost never so dark, otherwise. But it makes for an astonishingly visible cloud! If every instance of pool peeing were like this, we'd see evidence of people's relief all the time.

I had no idea it'd been around for so long, though. It makes me wonder what other videos of the same sort are out there, with people peeing underwater in swimming pools (the way that people naturally do). I think Maggie_555 put one up a while back with a guy holding a camera underwater and peeing in front of it, which was awesome. But I haven't seen any besides that! How can pools get peed in so often and it almost never ends up on camera?

• Like 1
On 07/01/2017 at 8:18 PM, Spectacle said:

It looks like it might be her first of the day. It's almost never so dark, otherwise. But it makes for an astonishingly visible cloud! If every instance of pool peeing were like this, we'd see evidence of people's relief all the time.

I had no idea it'd been around for so long, though. It makes me wonder what other videos of the same sort are out there, with people peeing underwater in swimming pools (the way that people naturally do). I think Maggie_555 put one up a while back with a guy holding a camera underwater and peeing in front of it, which was awesome. But I haven't seen any besides that! How can pools get peed in so often and it almost never ends up on camera?

WOW yes she has made an astonishingly visible cloud!  I'd be SO embarrassed if my use of the pool as a toilet was ever that obvious. :11_blush:  This must certainly have been her first pee of the day as it was strongly yellow and ideal to pollute the water.

Yes indeedy it was me who posted that video of the naked guy holding a camera underwater as he peed in the pool.  I wish there were more videos of both men and women peeing underwater in swimming pools - in the same way as people do in real life when they use the pool as a toilet. 

• Like 2
  • Hot 1
3 hours ago, Maggie_555 said:

WOW yes she has made an astonishingly visible cloud!  I'd be SO embarrassed if my use of the pool as a toilet was ever that obvious. :11_blush:  This must certainly have been her first pee of the day as it was strongly yellow and ideal to pollute the water.

Yes indeedy it was me who posted that video of the naked guy holding a camera underwater as he peed in the pool.  I wish there were more videos of both men and women peeing underwater in swimming pools - in the same way as people do in real life when they use the pool as a toilet. 

That's exactly what I thought! The color of that cloud was incredibly visible, which of course is convenient for us as viewers, but it's what you wouldn't want as a swimmer. On the other hand, it's really miraculous that the pool water stays all nice and clear and usable even after having that put in it, right? Just goes to show you how you can't trust the appearance of a pool as an indicator of how polluted it is or isn't.

I thought that was you who posted that video. By the same token, I thought you'd appreciate this one. They're a very rare pleasure to see going. Clearly someone needs to volunteer to do more of the sort. Obviously, I do plenty during the swimming season, just... not on camera. :15_yum:

You ever get the feeling we just hijacked a thread about public health, and turned it into a discussion of how fun it is to piss all over the good of public health? I feel so bad for the original point of it. Why yes, peeing in pools isn't good for the pool water, or for the swimmers! And since this is a pee forum where naughty peeing is a prominent element, those swimmers are getting no sympathy at all! :8_laughing: That really didn't go as planned, I think. Oops!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Spectacle said:

That's exactly what I thought! The color of that cloud was incredibly visible, which of course is convenient for us as viewers, but it's what you wouldn't want as a swimmer. On the other hand, it's really miraculous that the pool water stays all nice and clear and usable even after having that put in it, right? Just goes to show you how you can't trust the appearance of a pool as an indicator of how polluted it is or isn't.

I thought that was you who posted that video. By the same token, I thought you'd appreciate this one. They're a very rare pleasure to see going. Clearly someone needs to volunteer to do more of the sort. Obviously, I do plenty during the swimming season, just... not on camera. :15_yum:

You ever get the feeling we just hijacked a thread about public health, and turned it into a discussion of how fun it is to piss all over the good of public health? I feel so bad for the original point of it. Why yes, peeing in pools isn't good for the pool water, or for the swimmers! And since this is a pee forum where naughty peeing is a prominent element, those swimmers are getting no sympathy at all! :8_laughing: That really didn't go as planned, I think. Oops!

Oh yes, I love the way she swirls her hands to spread her pee cloud and hide the evidence afterwards.  After that nobody would know of the naughty deed, even though we enjoyed watching it! :14_relaxed:  I agree that we need someone to volunteer to video themselves peeing underwater (perhaps in a private pool as holding a camera aimed that way in a public pool could give the game away!) for our enjoyment. PLEASE someone... pretty PLEASE!!!

Yup I guess we HAVE hijacked this thread about the potential health risks from peeing in swimming pools and turned it into a discussion about the enjoyment of doing so!  Of course this was likely to happen in a Pee Forum like this, where naughty peeing is a popular subject, and I'm sure glad it did.       

2 hours ago, Brutus said:

Daaaamn that was a dark ass cloud. Looked more like she had a wet bowel movement. She pees toxic waste. That pool deserves a bio-hazard designation now.

In fairness, it doesn't look like it was all that much pee. Her stream only seemed to last for a few seconds. So it might not be that much worse than your average bladderful, just that it's more concentrated.

Ahhh, who am I kidding. That was intense as heck. If all pool pees were like that, we wouldn't need an urban myth about color-changing dye in the water. It'd just be: Don't pee in the pool, the water will magically turn yellow around you!

Slight shift in topic: I'm still pretty sure that myth is responsible for most instances of people choosing not to pee in public pools. It's been discussed again and again on the internet, and people keep observing that they avoided peeing (at least as a kid) because of the threat of the dye. I always appreciate anyone's efforts to prove it wrong! There was some user on Mister Poll who had a story about a fellow swimmer of hers who peed in the pool from outside the water, specifically to dispel that one. It might be more persuasive than threats about public health, but it sure falls apart when you put it to the test.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, sillyme said:

I agree with maggie. I'm happy to know peeing in the pool is worse than some people thing. Knowing it's more naughty makes peeing in pools more fun! and makes peeing in pools turn me on more!

Spoken like a true enthusiast of naughty peeing. This is the sort of thing I came to this website for.

Now all I have to do is wait for spring to come around so I can start relating stories of whatever happens at the pools around here!

• 7 months later...

I love reading articles like these because knowing that peeing in the pool is naughty makes it more fun. I realize though peeing in pools and hot tubs in normal, and therefore it doesn't turn me on that much. The naughtiness of naughty peeing is not the only aspect of it that turns me on, the unusual and exoticness of naughty peeing is also part of the turn on. Urine is safe except when it mixes with chlorine. So in a way peeing in the pool is naughtier than peeing on a public restroom floor. I get more turned on when I pee on a public restroom floor than when peeing in a pool though because it's more unusual. Most people who pee in pools probably do it out of convenience and don't have a pee fetish. Peeing on public restroom floors on the other hand is So Fun because it would be so easy to pee in the toilet yet deliberately peeing on the floor for fun gives me a rush, and then when I masterbate when home after leaving a puddle of pee on a public restroom floor I have a huge orgasm. 

3 minutes ago, sillyme said:

I love reading articles like these because knowing that peeing in the pool is naughty makes it more fun. I realize though peeing in pools and hot tubs in normal, and therefore it doesn't turn me on that much. The naughtiness of naughty peeing is not the only aspect of it that turns me on, the unusual and exoticness of naughty peeing is also part of the turn on. Urine is safe except when it mixes with chlorine. So in a way peeing in the pool is naughtier than peeing on a public restroom floor. I get more turned on when I pee on a public restroom floor than when peeing in a pool though because it's more unusual. Most people who pee in pools probably do it out of convenience and don't have a pee fetish. Peeing on public restroom floors on the other hand is So Fun because it would be so easy to pee in the toilet yet deliberately peeing on the floor for fun gives me a rush, and then when I masterbate when home after leaving a puddle of pee on a public restroom floor I have a huge orgasm. 

To add to this discussion I remember MissPiss documented a statistic that 80% of grown women pee in pools and %50 percent of men do. My attitude is even if it's bad if it's that common you might as well join in on the fun when ever your in a swimming pool. However knowing it's that normal as I said before makes it less exciting as peeing on public restroom floors, elevators, fitting rooms and hotel floors. Out of those, all of which I love doing, public restroom floor peeing is probably the least naughty because the janitor will have an easy time cleaning, yet the excitement of sitting on the toilet bowl while purposefully spraying the floor, right next to where I'm supposed to pee, is so exciting to me.