steve25805

Your favourite alcoholic drink?

Here is something light-hearted for discussion. What is your favourite alcoholic beverage?

Personally, I love champagne but am deterred from buying it very much due to the price. It can be rather more expensive per unit of alcohol than most drinks.

But I guess I also love this stuff. Stella lager......

stellaartois.pngstella-artois.jpg

Budweiser. ..but when it comes to cocktails...a nice tall bloody mary, with the works...

• Like 1

Heineken when I want full strength, Carlton Cold for mid Strength and the girls love Rekorderlig, Apple or Pear, it all tastes nice :wink:

• Like 1

A single malt whisky, the older the better.

• Like 1

Bourbon..... a double with one ice cube.

Favorites in descending order:

Booker's

Knob Creek

Four Roses Single Barrel

Maker's Mark

Woodford Reserve

• Like 1

Booker's

Knob Creek

Four Roses Single Barrel

Maker's Mark

Woodford Reserve[/quote

mmmm I think they would all be nice . . . . . especially after Crissy filters out the alcohol :wink:

Booker's

Knob Creek

Four Roses Single Barrel

Maker's Mark

Woodford Reserve

I love Woodford Reserve on the rocks.

Stout beer or india pale ale. I like strong beers. Sometimes, I appreciate a dry gin with a good cigar or pipe.

I love Woodford Reserve on the rocks.

This guy has good taste! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Anyone for a Foster lager ?

Fosters is a sore point with us Aussies, made by Sottish & Newcastle but still tries to associate itself with Australia. They don't actually say it's not Australian, but they don't actually say is a UK brand either. They lost the F1 Gran Prix and The Melbourne Cup sponsorship over this so its a pretty big deal for someone. Latest report is that the entire thing is now owned by Heineken. More wine is drunk here than beer is anyway, despite whats advertised, UK and USA drink more been than Aussies do, lol.

This guy has good taste! :thumbsup:

And so do you !!!

Fosters is a sore point with us Aussies, made by Sottish & Newcastle but still tries to associate itself with Australia. They don't actually say it's not Australian, but they don't actually say is a UK brand either. They lost the F1 Gran Prix and The Melbourne Cup sponsorship over this so its a pretty big deal for someone. Latest report is that the entire thing is now owned by Heineken. More wine is drunk here than beer is anyway, despite whats advertised, UK and USA drink more been than Aussies do, lol.

I do stand corrected. As I did at one time enjoyed drinking Fosters . Though I do understand the difference this information brings to light .

So in fact I'll switch to American beer instead . Like that of Hamms , Budwiser. As well as a Texas own brand of beer Lone Star :)

Though they might not be as popular with everyone here either .

What the Heck . I just have a beer on my Birthday only . Because I want to stay in control of my Diabetes. Without using a whole lot of Insuling to do so . Otherwise I don't like needles either :(

Original Budweiser ( not the american)

Zwickl (Bayreuther)

Glenfiddich Sigle Malt, no ice, pure, Glas iced

Jack Daniels 15yo,pure, ice, or with good coke( redbullcoke, aztekcoke, american coca cola classic)

metaxa 5 star pure, cellar temp.

Red wine : Barolo, Brunello, Valpolicela de Amarone, not younger than 6 years

I like good wine, red or white, not that horrible pink stuff

A good single malt is never a bad idea

Real ales are proof that America forgot what beer was supposed to taste like. I have no time for lager ... piss isn't supposed to be fizzy.

And a gin & tonic at sundown on a warm summer day is a divine moment

Bombay Sapphire if iam in the mood for gin and tonic. My favorite rum is captain Morgan black spiced. And my favorite beer is Innis and Gunn.

• Like 1