Which have these have you ever indulged in?

steve25805

Which of these substances - licit or illicit - have you ever tried?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these substances - licit or illicit - have you ever tried?

• Alcohol
    • Tobacco
    • Cannabis/Marajuana
    • Amphetamines
    • LSD
    • Magic mushrooms
    • Ecstasy
    • Cocaine
    • Heroin and/or crack
    • Illegally obtained prescription pills

Many of us had a misspent youth, some more than others. And for many this might have included a period of experimentation with various substances. So I thought I would run this poll, with all votes anonymous and multiple options permissable allowing members to select all that apply.

Oh, my dad died when I was 18 which sent me into a bit of a tailspin and I went seriously off the rails for about 4 years or so. I started smoking and heavy drinking, and I mean getting totally drunk almost every night of the week. Then I fell in with the wrong crowd and became a serious stoner, smoking joints whenever I wasn't sleeping or working - and even smoking them at work during breaks sometimes. By the time I was 20, I was also frequently partaking of amphetamines, LSD, and magic mushrooms as well as a variety of illicit pills. I only took ecstasy once because by the time that came on the scene, my irresponsible wild years were winding down.

After these wild years I pretty much gave up the amphetamines, mushrooms, LSD, ecstasy, and illicit pills, indulging in them very infrequently, and have not touched any of them at all for at least 18 years now. But I only gave up smokng joints entirely at the age of 38, 11 years ago, and gave up smoking cigarettes and tobacco 10 years ago.

These days I don't even enjoy alcohol all that much, and very rarely drink anymore, and almost never to excess. I prefer having my wits about me to properly enjoy the pleasures of the internet, or to enjoy reading. My 21 year old self would regard me as a bit of a boring bastard. I regard my 21 year old self as a bit of an idiot and a waster.