Anyone else having problems..Forum Just vanishes ??

I recently did a full server backup which may have caused some sporadic outages. I switched DNS servers last night and I am hoping that will take care of the page not found issue. I am not exactly sure what is going on as I haven't seen the error myself. If you see any errors please let me know. There is nothing wrong with the code or site itself. I believe the errors are related to DNS or over utilization of resources.

Thank You,

- Admin

I have found that changing DNS information sometimes causes problem until the updated information gets all across the web. This can sometimes take up to 48 hours depending on the location of the server and the location of the attempted access.

Hopefully this will take care of itself

Yep as Eg says changing servers and redirecting the domain name, time will be needed for the New DNS information to propagate accross the web. I found the site was down for me earlier today which would have been to the DNS updating in my part of the world. But since I am typing this means the site is back up for me.

What does any of this mean?Why change the domain name whatever that means?What made me unable to log on WGP for 24 hours.I dont get any of this techy crap.

Bit of a technophobe myself, too.

And it did come at an awkward moment. In view of the recent naughty pissing on cars controversy, it did cross my mind that my account might have been deleted cos the new Admin disapproved or something. I can only apologise on behalf of the powers that be if you thought your account had been deleted for any reason.

What does any of this mean?Why change the domain name whatever that means?What made me unable to log on WGP for 24 hours.I dont get any of this techy crap.

And it did come at an awkward moment. In view of the recent naughty pissing on cars controversy, it did cross my mind that my account might have been deleted cos the new Admin disapproved or something. I can only apologise on behalf of the powers that be if you thought your account had been deleted for any reason.

I will try to make it simple for people who are technophobes.

Think of it in terms of an address for a house for example. Say if you move house you then let the telephone company know. They have to update it in the telephone directory then once a new one is printed then other people will know you have moved house and what your new address is. It works the same way with websites when you first visited this website be it either typing in the address or clicking on a link from another site: www.watchgirlspeeing.com (think of this being the name of the house which is easier to remember, than the number which for example would be 216.58.208.46 (The address for Google). So instead of everyone having to remember the number of the house, which is long and complicated. Everyone only has to remember the name. This is where DNS (domain name service / address book for websites) comes in. It changes the house name to the address without you having to remember it. So when this site moved homes the DNS / address book has to be updated. This is where the delay comes in because every part of the world has their own local DNS register / address book and it only checks for updates every so often. This is why some people are experiencing the delay since you are visiting the old address where the website no longer is.

I hope this helps people to understand better. If anyone is still struggling to understand then let me know, and I will try to explain it better. Or hopefully someone else can try to explain it in a different way.

The domain didn't change. The reason that you weren't able to log in was mostly due to a large backup that I did which over consumed the available resources. I did a full site backup to a physical server that I have in my home. The purpose being that if something should happen to the server or hosting account where the site currently resides I have full copy of the site in my possession that I can restore in a few hours. As far as the DNS change that was primarily for administrative reasons, and to address the "page not found errors". Previously DNS was setup to be handled internally on the server that is hosting this site, which can cause issues if the server runs out of resources like it did, and in general it's not a good way to do things because all of your eggs are in one basket so to speak. So, I moved DNS over to an external name server to make it easier to manage, more secure, and to reduce the load on this server.

In Summary,

1. I did a large but necessary full site backup which over consumed resources and caused the site to be more or less inaccessible

2. I switched to a more secure and easier to manage name server which may have caused some issues with name resolution during the transition

3. Now that those changes have been made everything should run smoothly

I apologize for the timing. Having never done a full site backup on this server before I didn't know what would happen exactly. But, it was absolutely necessary that I do it, as without a good backup if the site gets hacked or if something should happen to the server we could lose everything. I had been wanting to change the way DNS was handled for a while so I made the DNS change at the same time because the site was already "down" so I figured it made sense to kill two birds with one stone. Nothing was deleted or changed about the site, I wasn't even aware of the "pissing on cars" controversy.

• 7 months later...

For the last two days I have been unable to logon to WatchGirlsPeeing.

I find that I can However, find PeeFans.com and do a logon.

It appears that the original connection thru WatchGirlsPeeing has disappeared.

For the last two days I have been unable to logon to WatchGirlsPeeing.

I find that I can However, find PeeFans.com and do a logon.

It appears that the original connection thru WatchGirlsPeeing has disappeared.

I have noticed exactly the same thing.

But I simply deleted WatchGirlsPeeing from my bookmarks and replaced it with peefans.com.

In consequence I now pretty much have the same access as I always had.