Single clips vs Subscriptions

Admin

Just curious, do you prefer to buy individual pee clips or subscribe to a site? Obviously the latter works out for better value, but I've heard a lot of positive things about sites that let members just buy one clip at a time, as obviously they can just pay for exactly what they want then. The problem with most subscription sites is that not all of the content will be stuff that you're interested in.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and which type of sites you've used in the past?

I've never paid for just one clip but did once subscribe to a site, but that was because I knew I would like pretty much all of the videos. I think if the clip was something that I couldn't get anywhere else but really wanted to see I would consider buying it if the price was fair. Which brings me to my final question: what is the maximum you would pay for just one video?

I've seen this a couple of times now, a whole web site that has moved from a Subscription to a clips for sale type membership. The main advantage is that I can get the content I want, not join the entire thing just on the off chance that they have what I want. The price structure would probably be based on your costs for bandwidth, one site I download from has a set $5 admin fee, then something like 10c per meg for the file you are buying. Think the most I've paid for in this scenario was $15, these are in AUD, but you get the idea.

• 1 month later...