Curious questions about this new Media

In looking at the pictures on Media I see that they have counts for Comments, viewed, liked, and rated.

A number if times I have looked at the count of viewed and liked, and after looking at the picture and liking it, I back out and I do not see these counts changed.

Is this due the the delay of the system. What counts as a view. Does just clicking on the picture to bring it up count as viewed?

Yes, any click on an image will open it in full size and count as 1 view.

However, if you press the 'back' button, your computer shows you the page exactly as it was before, without the new updated figures. If you refresh the page, you should see that the view count has increased (and the likes too if you 'liked' the image).

• 2 weeks later...

How is everyone finding the media gallery? It seems the Pictures section is still getting most of the uploads. Not sure whether we're better off just leaving it that way or placing more of a focus on uploading to the gallery which is obviously more organised and efficient.

Can I once again ask anyone with lots of photos to consider mass uploading them to the gallery - you can literally select 100 at a time and just leave them to upload. :)

I like the new placement of Media.

It gets all the golden showers out of my face, not one of the things that I am into.

Agreed - you can actually disable it completely if you prefer, but I think now it's a little more out the way it's more useful than distracting.

I meant just in general though, how is everyone finding the media gallery (as in: http://watchgirlspeeing.com/media ?) :)

I went back out and it looks like that Flag is back.

Not sure why that was. Maybe the page hadn't fully loaded or you'd already liked that picture? Let me know if you have any other problems with it.

How is everyone finding the media gallery? It seems the Pictures section is still getting most of the uploads. Not sure whether we're better off just leaving it that way or placing more of a focus on uploading to the gallery which is obviously more organised and efficient.

Personally I prefer the pictures forum. The format encourages discussion about the pictures, and a forum thread can develop a theme much more easily.

I have been using the comments and rating features of the gallery, but it seems like very few people bother to do so. I would guess that the people who have posted a lot of pictures in the media area are not sensing much interest or appreciation of their efforts.

I like the pictures section of the forum very much, and would be sorry to lose it, so I hope you plan to keep it going.

Personally I prefer the pictures forum. The format encourages discussion about the pictures, and a forum thread can develop a theme much more easily.

I have been using the comments and rating features of the gallery, but it seems like very few people bother to do so. I would guess that the people who have posted a lot of pictures in the media area are not sensing much interest or appreciation of their efforts.

I like the pictures section of the forum very much, and would be sorry to lose it, so I hope you plan to keep it going.

I think having both options is good, so don't plan on removing either. Theoretically the gallery should be easier for discussion because people can comment on individual images or albums (albums simply replacing threads) more clearly and easily. I think the fact a lot of people don't use this function (although the gallery itself gets plenty of views) is because they're used to the Pictures forum.

I'll leave things as they are, although I still feel that the gallery could provide us with a much more organised and efficient system if people are willing to use it. But hey, whatever works best for people is fine with me. :)

Well, I was just out on Media a few moments ago.

I found that the "Like" flag has disappeared, so I can't signify that I like the picture.:banghead:

I think that I know what happened to the "Like" flag.

I must have been signed off and went to look at a picture.

Ha Ha, have to be signed on to do that. One can see the picture, but can't enter a Like.

so, i just made my first album in the media. i have to say i love the new feature! so easy and organized- especially for uploading multiple pix. i hope you decide to keep it. maybe, if it were it's own link from the forums page it would be easily accessible. i had to look around a bit to find it. also, are these linked to members profiles, or can they be viewed only from the media tab?