WHOA!!

I just visited and am also getting the 'website experiencing high traffic' error - I remember hearing from someone that that's been happening a lot lately. In fact, didn't you yourself find this site because of a DDoS attack on peesearch? For some reason it seems under attack, but unfortunately this does happen with websites sometimes.

The part of your post that surprised me was about the domain being for sale. Whilst I'd be surprised if the site was for sale (as despite it not being as popular as it used to, I assume it's still relatively active) it would not be unimaginable that the current owner(s) were looking to cash in. But just the domain for sale? That seems very odd. I guess we'll see more once/if it's back up and running.

Good news for those who think two pee forums are better than one. After getting the same "high traffic" message as everyone else for at least 24 hours, I have been able to log in to PS now, so it appears to be back up and running.

• Like 1

The part of your post that surprised me was about the domain being for sale. Whilst I'd be surprised if the site was for sale (as despite it not being as popular as it used to, I assume it's still relatively active) it would not be unimaginable that the current owner(s) were looking to cash in. But just the domain for sale? That seems very odd. I guess we'll see more once/if it's back up and running.

I agree, that took my by surprise too. Could well just be an error while some sort of domain maintenance is being performed, something with the registrar. It's definitely up today. Just caught me by surprise.

Good news for those who think two pee forums are better than one. After getting the same "high traffic" message as everyone else for at least 24 hours, I have been able to log in to PS now, so it appears to be back up and running.
It was closer to 48 hours for me. Much as I love this place, I'm in full agreement with you, Steve, two forums are better than one.

Annoyingly, for at least 12 hours now that I know of - and possibly a lot longer - Peesearch appears to be down again.

The site is appearing increasingly neglected with mods appearing ever more seldom, no new ones being appointed, and the Admin rarely showing up at all. Therefore, when it fucks up no one capable of contacting Admin offsite attempts to log in for possibly ages and is wholly unaware. Nothing was done last time until I contacted a mod there offsite because she happens to be a Facebook friend and informed her so that she could inform the Admin. But she herself has shit going on in her life and doesnt have time to log in herself anymore right now. So I don't want to bother her again.

Because two forums are better than one, all this is a pity. Hopefully someone will sort it out soon. In the meantime I suppose it can only boost this forum as people look elsewhere and come here. From that perspective it can only be good for this site. Still, I'd rather have both available.

Apparently, the site was up for a short time this morning, as I got messages from posts I'd commented on. But, it seems to be down once again.

Steve, I likely don't have as many connections there as you do, so all I can do is say something here and hope for the best.

Besides, there's only so much coffee I can drink and, believe it or not, just so many times I can take a piss.

It's still down now. And was yesterday when I looked too.

The only offsite connection I have who has any special access is with the mod MissPissyPants, aka Missy, who is one of my facebook friends. She has the email contact details of site admin.

However, she is very busy with other shit going on in her life right now and is too busy to perform her mod duties and hasn't even looked into the site for ages. To be honest, she has other things on her mind right now and I am reluctant to bother her with it. I did inform her the first time it happened and she fired off an email to site admin, aka Slash, but the site didn't stay up for long.

Frankly, if their own mods and admins don't log in often enough to know there's a problem, then that's something they need to resolve for themselves.

Have had a thought, though. Rather than see that site go down the pan through loss of interest by those in charge, would it be possible to consider a merger between that site and this one? With our mods and Admin joining theirs? And we here at least still very much have our heart in it.

Some sort of rules compromise might be necessary. Theirs have always been slightly too rigid for my liking.

Probably a non-starter, but if their site is going to wither from loss of interest by those running it, better to merge than die.

I would be sorry to see it go. I've been a member for more than ten years. Sadly the owner seems to have lost interest in it lately, and is rarely seen on the site. I agree with Egwalrus that the culture of the two sites is too different for a merger.

• Like 1

Still down so clearly an ongoing problem which is a shame to see. It's still a popular website though, so surely it will all get sorted soon enough.

Whilst theoretically there would be clear benefits of a merger between the two sites, I think it would be far too complicated and difficult to manage. Ultimately it would be more problematic than beneficial to anyone. All I can say is that if there's anything you feel this site is missing which PeeSearch has/had, please let me know - and if I ever am unable to keep running this site properly, I will ensure it's passed on to someone who can and will take care of it. WatchGirlsPeeing.com is here to stay; whilst a merger isn't realistic, I am currently looking into expanding the site to bring in even more features.

• Like 1
I know that I have had issues with one of the moderators over at Peesearch (which I was able to deal with) and others here have had the same.

As you no doubt know, I am one of those others who also had issues with a moderator over there.

And yeah, two sites are always better than one.

I tried about 15 minutes ago and got the "Website is experiencing abnormally high traffic" message - and not for the first time in recent days either. I just wish I knew what was going on.

It's been like it for the past two days at least now.

If they don't sort it people will start looking for pastures new. We'll start picking up Peesearch refugees here in increasing numbers which is good for this site. But the loss of Peesearch would be a heavy price to pay. I really hope they sort it soon because two sites really are better than one.

• Like 1
I just did a bit of detective work. The banner that shows the domain name for sale is on Peesearch.com

Peesearch.org is the site that most of us are talking about that has been down for a while.

They are not related. The dot com URL is owned by someone who buys domain names and then sits on them, in the hope of selling them at a profit.

I'm much relieved! :wink::pee:

I don't fucking believe it!

I was just about to copy and paste of one of my Wet Carpet Magazine contributions into the similar thread on PS.......but the site has just this very minute gone down again!

It will start seriously haemorrhageing members if it doesn't get this sorted.

With any luck it will be very brief and temporary, but if the last couple of weeks are anything to go by I fear not.

It's been like it for the past two days at least now.

If they don't sort it people will start looking for pastures new. We'll start picking up Peesearch refugees here in increasing numbers which is good for this site. But the loss of Peesearch would be a heavy price to pay. I really hope they sort it soon because two sites really are better than one.

I agree Steve. I managed to get on about twenty minutes ago so hopefully normality has been restored.

Gone aga

I just did a bit of detective work. The banner that shows the domain name for sale is on Peesearch.com

Peesearch.org is the site that most of us are talking about that has been down for a while.

They are not related. The dot com URL is owned by someone who buys domain names and then sits on them, in the hope of selling them at a profit.

I assume you really mean peesearch.net. If so, it is down again today.....

We're all definitely talking about peesearch.net, but coincidentally whilst they're having these issues (which seem to be persisting even into this new month, ruling out the possibly they just went slightly over quota at the end of last month), peesearch.com is for sale. The two sites are not related, in fact I don't think peesearch.com has even been used as a pee website.

Whilst none of us like to see this issues persisting, I'm fairly sure it'll bring a little extra activity here, improving the site for everyone. :)