Time for a photo gallery?

What do you think?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Continue posting pictures on the forum as normal!
    • It's time for a change and a more organised 'proper' gallery?

For a little while I've been contemplating a gallery feature for photographs with more advanced features such as albums and tags/search etc (sort of like the video gallery, but of course this would be free for everyone to use).

It would certainly be more organised and professional than the current system of attaching images to posts in the 'Pictures' section, but then again the current method has been working since the start and has accumulated a very impressive collection.

Please vote in the poll to let me know which you'd prefer. :)

• Like 2

I've been wanting something like this since the day I joined (and actually mentioned it to the person who told me about here I believe). It just bugged me how we would have several threads of the same topic, often with the same names. Or we would have threads with very undescriptive titles. My only concerns are the lack of discussion taking place if a gallery should pop up because we don't have the threads to talk about our favourite photo that had been posted by a member. It would also be great if all the photos on the forum were somehow transferred to the gallery.

I've been wanting something like this since the day I joined (and actually mentioned it to the person who told me about here I believe). It just bugged me how we would have several threads of the same topic, often with the same names. Or we would have threads with very undescriptive titles. My only concerns are the lack of discussion taking place if a gallery should pop up because we don't have the threads to talk about our favourite photo that had been posted by a member. It would also be great if all the photos on the forum were somehow transferred to the gallery.

Members could still comment on the photos - in fact it'd be easier because when there are several pictures in one post and several posts in one thread it can get confusing. The real issue is what you said in your last sentence: the gallery would be starting from scratch. I'm sure we could all contribute to it, but it would take time to get such a big collection going. There's no way of importing the current pictures, other than saving them from each thread and re-uploading them. As you can imagine, this would be an incredibly long process, especially as they'd need sorting.

If people are willing to contribute to the new gallery, then I'd be happy to invest in a feature like this for the site.

I very much like the idea of a picture gallery open to all, with pics posted in their own categories. And I would certainly start adding all my own personal favourites to it.

But I would like the ability to post pics in the threads to be retained as well. The pic of the day type threads - I have recently begun two of these - wouldn't work in a gallery.

Admin, I am sure I saw you say somewhere - perhaps in shoutbox? - that you plan to have a picture gallery up and running within a month? If so, awesome. I will enjoy uploading all my favourites into it. I would recommend similar categories to those in the video gallery, and likewise the inclusion of a search function to enable more specific search terms (eg "carpet" :biggrin: ). :thumbsup:

Just to confirm, the gallery will go ahead!

It'll be launched to coincide with the 100th member of the video gallery. We currently have 90, so hopefully the 100 mark won't be too far away. :)

Just to confirm, the gallery will go ahead!

It'll be launched to coincide with the 100th member of the video gallery. We currently have 90, so hopefully the 100 mark won't be too far away. :)

Hopefully soon. I will enjoy uploading my favourite pics into it.

Since often discussion in the shoutbox gets missed by a lot of people, I thought I'd repost one of the latest things I said:

'Just a reminder you can mass upload the photos - up to 100 at once if they're going in the same category/album

Whilst it doesn't matter either way as long as we can see them, I was thinking albums would more be for personal favourites or images that don't fit the categories (especially more specific ones like just 'carpet peeing' pictures for example). Still something we need to figure out exactly.'

The other issue we need to figure out is what exactly to do with the pictures section. As things stand, we're going to have half the people uploading photos doing so in the forum section, half in the gallery. I think the gallery is better really, as it's a lot more organised and allows people to comment and like specific photos, as well as meaning they'll come up in forum searches.

I have been uploading all my personal favourites into themed albums rather than the individual categories. I suspect people with large and/or personal collections might do likewise.

I have put a lot of effort into this now so may as well continue to go with it. I am at this stage ultimately intending four themed albums - naughty pissing, public pissing, golden showers, and guys pissing on girls.

I have been uploading all my personal favourites into themed albums rather than the individual categories. I suspect people with large and/or personal collections might do likewise.

I have put a lot of effort into this now so may as well continue to go with it. I am at this stage ultimately intending four themed albums - naughty pissing, public pissing, golden showers, and guys pissing on girls.

Thanks Steve, that's totally fine, although for future reference the gallery allows easy moving of photos to categories or different albums if needed. But I agree that those with big collections would probably prefer to have a separate album rather than mixing their images in the general categories - my post was more for people just uploading a few photos.

How are you finding the upload process? It might be a lot of effort to categorise the photos on your computer, but the actual uploading should be quite quick and straightforward, especially as you can use the automatic numbering system if you're not specifically naming each photo? Thanks a lot for all your contributions already, they're great as always.

As I also said on the shoutbox last night - I'd really appreciate anyone else with a fairly big collection trying to upload some photos if you get chance; like I said, it should be a lot quicker than the original pictures section method, and I'm sure we'd all be grateful. Thanks a lot to those who've already done so!

On the subject of albums, it would be great if we could have our own private album that only we could see, kinda like a favourites folder. I'd love to have my own private gallery as such with all the photos I really like.

On the subject of albums, it would be great if we could have our own private album that only we could see, kinda like a favourites folder. I'd love to have my own private gallery as such with all the photos I really like.

This is already a feature! You can totally customise who can see albums. For example, not only can you have a private album for yourself, you could choose specific members who can see it.

When you create an album you'll be asked 'who can view media in album' and 'who can add media to album'. For total privacy, just select 'owner only' for both (although please share some of your favourites with us too!) :)

This is already a feature! You can totally customise who can see albums. For example, not only can you have a private album for yourself, you could choose specific members who can see it.

When you create an album you'll be asked 'who can view media in album' and 'who can add media to album'. For total privacy, just select 'owner only' for both (although please share some of your favourites with us too!) :)

Not quite what I meant, I mean for images uploaded by other members.

Sorry, I see what you mean. I agree that would be a good feature, I'll certainly look into it.

A temporary solution - other than downloading or bookmarking the image - is to press 'watch media' in the right hand corner above the image (in full page mode). You can then view all your 'watched media' here: http://watchgirlspeeing.com/watched/media

Copying and pasting works. I have tried it out to make sure. So you could open your own private album which only you can see, then copy your favourite pics from other members and paste them into your private album.

On a seperate note, with all my favourite pics being gradually uploaded into albums - any good ones left over that don't fit into them for any reason I might post in the categories - my pic of the day threads have become rather anomalous, but I will continue them for now since it is obly one pic per day for each of three threads and thus takes very little time. Perhaps these threads can serve as advertisement for my albums? Lol

I do have a question for Admin too. Presumably every pic uses up bandwidth so unnecessary duplication is something you may wish to discourage. This is why I am running it past Admin. Once all my albums have been created I was thinking of selecting just my very favourite pics only - definitely not all of them - and adding them to the categories as well. But I am hesitating because such pics would be duplicates of pics already in my albums. So I won't do that unless Admin thinks it a good idea and worth the duplication. Because my albums are themselves themed into categories anyway.

Copying and pasting works. I have tried it out to make sure. So you could open your own private album which only you can see, then copy your favourite pics from other members and paste them into your private album.

On a seperate note, with all my favourite pics being gradually uploaded into albums - any good ones left over that don't fit into them for any reason I might post in the categories - my pic of the day threads have become rather anomalous, but I will continue them for now since it is obly one pic per day for each of three threads and thus takes very little time. Perhaps these threads can serve as advertisement for my albums? Lol

I do have a question for Admin too. Presumably every pic uses up bandwidth so unnecessary duplication is something you may wish to discourage. This is why I am running it past Admin. Once all my albums have been created I was thinking of selecting just my very favourite pics only - definitely not all of them - and adding them to the categories as well. But I am hesitating because such pics would be duplicates of pics already in my albums. So I won't do that unless Admin thinks it a good idea and worth the duplication. Because my albums are themselves themed into categories anyway.

With pictures, bandwidth isn't as much of an issue. With such a huge amount of pee pictures, duplicates are inevitable and extremely hard to moderate. Whilst I don't think lots from albums need to be copied to the categories. (as your album is bound to be highly rated so will always be easily accessible), a few of your favourites certainly wouldn't hurt - in fact a couple are already in there! So likewise with the video gallery, there won't be any rule about duplicates, just common sense that if an image has been posted several times already (especially quite recently) it's not needed again.

One other question for you all - do you like the idea of having the 'new media' slider bar at the top of the site, featuring thumbnail images of the most recent uploads?

I like the idea of it but it would be nice if you could minimise or collapse it.

Something like this -

pnpgmeN.png