Anonymous Posting

Earlier in the shoutbox I asked for any ideas you guys had for the site, and @lordofcoatham1 suggested 'anonymous picture posting'. I had actually considered the idea of anonymous posting for a while, and sure enough, it's now on the site!

Posting as 'anonymous' simply means your forum username and profile aren't connected to your post.

What this does mean:

• Any issues you want to discuss that are perhaps overly private or personal can now be discussed without feeling at all embarrassed about them.
  • You can share stories or pictures of yourself without there being any link to you or your profile.
  • You can get opinions without people taking your current forum history/details into consideration

What this doesn't mean:

• You can break the rules because you're now 'anonymous' - spam, harassment and offensive comments are of course strictly prohibited on this forum at all times.
  • You need to post all your messages as anonymous - you're already on the forum under a 'username', and your profile is already private from your 'real life' (providing you don't give away personal details). This feature is likely only to be used occasionally for when added privacy is wanted.

For security reasons, I will be able to check who has made an anonymous post if necessary. However, I will only do so if the post is breaking any rules.

How to use it: When making a new thread, tick the anonymous box under the 'create thread' button. When making a reply to a thread, tick the "Anonymous?" box next to the 'post reply' button.

Where to use it: This feature is only available in the 'Pictures' section and the 'Pee Discussion' areas (aka pee questions and true sightings).

Please let me know if you need any help using this feature.

• Like 1