Count of active members

I suspect that defining an active member would be nearly impossible, little alone getting a count.

However, for starters: would it be possible to get a count of those members who signed on and were last seen on that date??

This is just a personal opinion - not an official mod pronouncement or any shit like that - but I think of an active member as being someone who has actually posted something within the last month or two. Either to say something or simply post a link to a vid, or post some pics.

From what I have seen, most forums of any kind have many more inactive observers and lurkers than they do active members. But also some people who have been lurkers and observers for some time do at some point choose to introduce themselves and become active.

I am just curious as to how many people are contributing to the forum on a regular basis. I know that this is ill defined and probably not a number that could be acquired. It is easy the see that over 8600 people have signed onto the forum since its beginning. I know from looking at the birthday display that a very high percentage signed on one day and never returned. I was just wondering if it were possible to acquire a count of these people. Of the 2015 count that you gave I would suspect that a high percentage also signed on one day and never returned. I know that under membership that the 20 members with the highest count show in the list. One has to almost have 300 entries to get on this list. I would find it rather interesting if it were possible to scan on down the list of maybe the top 100 or 200 members.

I wrote this reply yesterday, but failed to click on the Post button. Thank goodness it was still there waiting to be posted.

I am just curious as to how many people are contributing to the forum on a regular basis. I know that this is ill defined and probably not a number that could be acquired. It is easy the see that over 8600 people have signed onto the forum since its beginning. I know from looking at the birthday display that a very high percentage signed on one day and never returned. I was just wondering if it were possible to acquire a count of these people. Of the 2015 count that you gave I would suspect that a high percentage also signed on one day and never returned. I know that under membership that the 20 members with the highest count show in the list. One has to almost have 300 entries to get on this list. I would find it rather interesting if it were possible to scan on down the list of maybe the top 100 or 200 members.

I wrote this reply yesterday, but failed to click on the Post button. Thank goodness it was still there waiting to be posted.

Whilst I'm happy to share some statistics, for various reasons the member list won't be changed. Unfortunately there are lots of members who don't actually post themselves, but this is an adult site run through a forum; whilst the social element is a big part of it, it's understandable that many people are just looking to view content rather than chat or give opinions. Whilst some members may not post publicly, they may still use the private message feature to chat etc.

The forum has an automatic 'draft' feature; you can actually leave a message half way through and return to it at a later point to continue and actually post it. This autosave is most useful if you accidentally close the page, as your message won't be lost.

I didn't have much to say back when I joined. I was mostly looking at the pictures and the videos. My interest have changed over the year that I have been on. I have gotten so that I don't particularly want to watch the videos. I was very surprised to find myself on the active members board at 169. I shortly got pushed off by more active people. I am not just sure what caused me to start posting more. I think that when Vikka started writing, I got really turned on and my post count started going up. I found myself on the board and steadily working up the list. It doesn't really matter to me how I stand on the list or even if I am on it at all, but I find it interesting. I could wonder how close others are to making it onto the list. Again just curious but of little consequences.

I think that when Vikka started writing, I got really turned on and my post count started going up. I found myself on the board and steadily working up the list.

Wow, bpb, I don't know what to say! Imagine that my writing had been an incentive for you to start posting more! I feel so proud! Especially as I find that your posts are such a great asset to this site :)! For me they've meant a major encouragement to keep on writing and posting here :):)! A really big and warm hug from/Vikka

• Like 1
Wow, bpb, I don't know what to say! Imagine that my writing had been an incentive for you to start posting more! I feel so proud! Especially as I find that your posts are such a great asset to this site :)! For me they've meant a major encouragement to keep on writing and posting here :):)! A really big and warm hug from/Vikka

Vikka, you reply has meant a lot to me as I have had time to think about it and enjoy what you had to say.

Hey, I will accept that really big hug and return the favor. :thumbsup: